4.60 star(s) 45 Votes

AgriasQuarto

Nov 22, 2018
Do we have to restart a new save? trying to load from the new version is giving me "Unsupported save version"

BlckDragon

Nov 24, 2017
Oh, and in case anyone miss tech demo girls, here is restoration mod made by some random internet degenerate.
For best results save when there is no bot scene images shown, unzip mod to /game/mods/ folder, launch game and check "game mods" screen to be sure it is loaded.
can't seem to access pixeldrain for mod

Radnor

Game Developer
Nov 9, 2021
Do we have to restart a new save? trying to load from the new version is giving me "Unsupported save version"
Yes, right now i change lots of internal systems, so had to break save compatibility, sorry about that.
Later on, when main core systems are stable i will try to keep save compatibility when possible.
Game core was designed with save compatibility in mind, with some extra measures on top of renpy builtins. But at this early stage expect save breaks during big releases. Again, sorry, hate it myself as player.

Radnor

Game Developer
Nov 9, 2021
Edit: answered to removed post

There are much bigger security issues than Python2 being deprecated. And not just with RenPy games.
RenPy is easy enough to use, easy to play, with lots of common features already implemented and tested. There is large friendly community of devs who can help you if you stuck.

I personally like Python in general and don't like Unity. So my choice for this game was simple. RenPy does what i want it to do. That's good enough.

If i would be making this game with 100k$ budget i would indeed use Unity or UE, using interactive, animated, and more importantly customizable by players, 3d models. Without budget or support this is what i can do as part-time hobby.

Last edited:

cooperdk

Engaged Member
Jul 23, 2017
How do you swap parts? I have a bot where everything works except the CPU making the chassis disabled. But I can't find out how to swap it with a repaired (100% CPU I have in inventory).

Radnor

Game Developer
Nov 9, 2021
How do you swap parts? I have a bot where everything works except the CPU making the chassis disabled. But I can't find out how to swap it with a repaired (100% CPU I have in inventory).
Interact->Tinker->CPU->Replace. If you have working CPU in inventory it should be listed as an option.

cooperdk

Engaged Member
Jul 23, 2017
There are much bigger security issues than Python2 being deprecated. And not just with RenPy games.
RenPy is easy enough to use, easy to play, with lots of common features already implemented and tested. There is large friendly community of devs who can help you if you stuck.

I personally like Python in general and don't like Unity. So my choice for this game was simple. RenPy does what i want it to do. That's good enough.

If i would be making this game with 100k$ budget i would indeed use Unity or UE, using interactive, animated, and more importantly customizable by players, 3d models. Without budget or support this is what i can do as part-time hobby.
See, this is where people misunderstand Unity. You can make the game in a visual environment with no coding and you can use free 3D assets, or the same 2D stuff that you do use.
The game would be faster and also smaller.

You did mention yourself drawbacks on Unity that limited the functionality of your game. This was where I reacted. Ren'Py in fact didn't do what you wanted.

The budget for making this game in Unity? 0$, perhaps 50$ if you want to use a visual codebase to avoid any kind of programming. ;-) And, you'd save half the size of the binaries required to run the game and those actually compiled would work only for your game. It'd be compiled and much faster (important when it becomes bigger).

cooperdk

Engaged Member
Jul 23, 2017
Interact->Tinker->CPU->Replace. If you have working CPU in inventory it should be listed as an option.
Oh! Thanks. My bad was that the interact button is disabled much of the time (I believe when you navigate menus).

Radnor

Game Developer
Nov 9, 2021
See, this is where people misunderstand Unity. You can make the game in a visual environment with no coding and you can use free 3D assets, or the same 2D stuff that you do use.
The game would be faster and also smaller.

You did mention yourself drawbacks on Unity that limited the functionality of your game. This was where I reacted. Ren'Py in fact didn't do what you wanted.

The budget for making this game in Unity? 0$, perhaps 50$ if you want to use a visual codebase to avoid any kind of programming. ;-) And, you'd save half the size of the binaries required to run the game and those actually compiled would work only for your game. It'd be compiled and much faster (important when it becomes bigger).
I just personally don't like Unity, as dev, for multiple reasons.
Considering most games here are in 1GB+ area i really doubt runtime library size is something people care about.

I understand you concerns/points, some i may disagree with, some are valid. But it is very unlikely i will drop this game and remake it with Unity. Like 100% unlikely :D At least without mentioned 100k$ budget and team.

Halfelf

Nov 23, 2017
Ok i am loving the new pics for the bots though i loved the original as well lol. But ok from what i have played so far either my RNG is being really really horrible or the model ARGX-10 is very pron to getting Sex Dumb. Geez i mean i get the trait so i take it off. And i swear to what ever you want me to swear too i get the trait the very next training. I do this 5 times in a row where i eventually just say forget it train the bot to B then get rid of the bad trait. Train Social to B and sell the bot. And i have gotten this bad trait on every and i mean every bot of that Model since the first one lol. Have only seen Models ARGX-10 and Akira v3 so far but have to say they are very good so far.

• Haha
Reactions: Radnor

Radnor

Game Developer
Nov 9, 2021
Oh! Thanks. My bad was that the interact button is disabled much of the time (I believe when you navigate menus).
Interact enabled when you at Home or Workshop, and not in middle of something else.

DarthLAX

Oct 28, 2017
Nice, but it IMHO needs the option to interact with your bots (and other people) more and to also send the bots to work (be it at a brothel or even helping someone else with tech or fighting at an arena etc.), some real quests would also be nice, maybe the option to expand the shop (open your own brothel, craft your own parts etc...)

I am also not a fan of "you only have these many actions a day" systems...

Well, my few cents.

I am seeing myself out now :)

Reactions: Gamle

Squib2187

Aug 1, 2017
Nice, i'm just trying to wrap my head round how the modding works now, the Daz models are better than I expected but i still miss the real pron

Reactions: elldix

Radnor

Game Developer
Nov 9, 2021
Nice, but it IMHO needs the option to interact with your bots (and other people) more and to also send the bots to work (be it at a brothel or even helping someone else with tech or fighting at an arena etc.), some real quests would also be nice, maybe the option to expand the shop (open your own brothel, craft your own parts etc...)

I am also not a fan of "you only have these many actions a day" systems...

Well, my few cents.

I am seeing myself out now :)
More interaction options will be added, right now it's just one step away from tech demo :D
Bots roles/jobs/missions/companion boosts are planned, and should be implemented reasonably soon.

Own brothel is something was suggested more than one, but there is risk breaking game loop with too many features. It does make sense to have this, but also it may work better as separate game with different story/gameplay, but same bots as current one. So right now i'm still thinking what to do best, not crossing out any options.

You can walk from RoboSechs to Flea Market 1000 times per day no problem, but if you actually do something, like repair/scout market for parts, it takes energy.

Reactions: DarthLAX

Radnor

Game Developer
Nov 9, 2021
Nice, i'm just trying to wrap my head round how the modding works now, the Daz models are better than I expected but i still miss the real pron
Download and start from there.
Also if you download android version and look inside apk (it's just a fancy zip), you may find json files for current in-game content. Again, as example of what could be done and how.

4.60 star(s) 45 Votes