Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
1688559748214.png

What's coming up in July?

Defending Lydia Collier v.0.15.6

Next up is a slight change of plan, I'm going to be releasing a v.0.15.6 update which will be the new Social Media and a complete overhaul of the old computer.

I still get a lot of bugs, in fact I got a game breaking bug trying to test the new Lydia content, from the old computer. Code wise, it is a appalling, and there's bugs in it that have been there for a year that I still can't fix.

With v.0.16 adding in a ton of new content, the very last thing I possibly want is what should be an awesome update being ruined for everyone because you get hit with a load of bugs when you're trying to set up your Lydia and Steph save or your Helena playthrough etc.

So, whilst most of the coding is done, I'm now in an environment where I can spend some serious time focusing on coding and getting the whole thing replacing without constant interruption.

This means ripping out and replacing 10,000s of lines of code, and I'm not sure how long its going to take. Likely a week or two, maybe longer, hopefully less, but I'll keep you updated.

Once this is then done I'll release v.0.15.6 and that can then any bugs or problems that arise with this can be ironed out and be fixed before I release v.0.16, so all that's going to be the focus of that update is the long awaited new stuff.

This isn't new stuff I wasn't planning to do, it was always planned to be done as part of the v.0.16 update, just usually I do all the coding at the end, I'm just changing the order and releasing it earlier on its own so it can be thoroughly played through.

All of the monthly votes for Our Moments pictures will also have their new images included with this update.

July BETA

I will be updating the BETA again this month to feature a new scene with Emma!

1688559800052.png

IDjeeper

Nov 19, 2020
You're showing your age. It seems you might need to mature 20 years to enjoy this game.

(Seems he brought some friends or alt account who are facepalming every post . Thanks guys you've just proven my point. And thanks for the reaction points lol.)
are you sure the facepalming isn't for the irony of you saying someone has to mature 20 years while developing a game called coming of age?

RNasc4444

Aug 16, 2022
(Seems he brought some friends or alt account who are facepalming every post . Thanks guys you've just proven my point. And thanks for the reaction points lol.)
Nah you just made a moronic post. Beauty is subjective. Period. Has fuck all to do with age or maturity. What I find ugly today I will still find ugly when I'm 60.

You may not agree but Jesus fucking Christ almost all characters in this game are brutally unattractive. Any render with bimbo Steph, Lydia, Vanessa or Helena in them almost makes me throw up. It's that bad.

EDIT: No one should have to see renders with this creature just to get the Ellie Corruption Path

Last edited:

Toohat

Jan 21, 2020
So...im trying to send some pepol on the first mission. Im with the pup. Trying to investigate three people. But when i chose one to investigate them, i cant comfirm. Only rethink.

What am i doing wrong?

gyandev

Oct 10, 2020
Nah you just made a moronic post. Beauty is subjective. Period. Has fuck all to do with age or maturity. What I find ugly today I will still find ugly when I'm 60.

You may not agree but Jesus fucking Christ almost all characters in this game are brutally unattractive. Any render with bimbo Steph, Lydia, Vanessa or Helena in them almost makes me throw up. It's that bad.

EDIT: No one should have to see renders with this creature just to get the Ellie Corruption Path

i agree about helena, but the rest are pretty attractive to me. its a shame you think like that considering that closes off most of the paths in the entire game xd

Reactions: RNasc4444

mdmnsjs1

Nov 21, 2018
does anyone have a save for ellie path just past where you have to pick a team to investigate? i decided id try ellie only on get errors just im sending the team to investigate frank, lisa, and xiuqin it happens witn any team i sent i thought it might be the mod but i downloaded the game itself and replayed to that point and still the same heres start of series of the errors
```
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 609, in execute_call_screen
store._return = renpy.call_screen(name, *args, **kwargs)
File "game/screens.rpy", line 15565, in execute
File "game/screens.rpy", line 15567, in execute
File "game/screens.rpy", line 15568, in execute
File "game/screens.rpy", line 15570, in execute
File "game/screens.rpy", line 15587, in execute
File "game/screens.rpy", line 15590, in execute
Exception: VPGrid overfull.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "script.rpyc", line 31318, in script
File "renpy/ast.py", line 2232, in execute
self.call("execute")
File "renpy/ast.py", line 2220, in call
return renpy.statements.call(method, parsed, *args, **kwargs)
File "renpy/statements.py", line 281, in call
return method(parsed, *args, **kwargs)
File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 609, in execute_call_screen
store._return = renpy.call_screen(name, *args, **kwargs)
File "renpy/exports.py", line 3181, in call_screen
rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse="screen", type="screen", roll_forward=roll_forward)
File "renpy/ui.py", line 299, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3377, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, pause_modal=pause_modal, **kwargs) # type: ignore
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3810, in interact_core
root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 582, in visit_all
d.visit_all(callback, seen)
File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 451, in visit_all
callback(self)
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3810, in <lambda>
root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 462, in per_interact
self.update()
File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 653, in update
self.screen.function(**self.scope)
File "game/screens.rpy", line 15567, in execute
File "game/screens.rpy", line 15568, in execute
File "game/screens.rpy", line 15570, in execute
File "game/screens.rpy", line 15590, in execute
File "renpy/display/viewport.py", line 647, in add
raise Exception("VPGrid overfull.")
Exception: VPGrid overfull.

Windows-10-10.0.22621 AMD64
Ren'Py 7.5.3.22090809
Defending Lydia Collier v.0.15.5
Thu Jul 6 09:30:04 2023
```
any help would be appreciated a save would also help thanks

Reactions: Jek1234

WhitePhantom

Donor
Game Developer
Feb 21, 2018
VPGrid overfull is typically a bug associated with a mod of some form being used.

Are you using a save that was made with the modded version? Or are you starting from the beginning?

Unfortunately the old computer does still occasionally have a couple of very old bugs that I still can't fix, however v.0.15.6 will be out this month and it will replace the old PC entirely with the new bug-free one.

Reactions: ImariKurumi

mdmnsjs1

Nov 21, 2018
VPGrid overfull is typically a bug associated with a mod of some form being used.

Are you using a save that was made with the modded version? Or are you starting from the beginning?

Unfortunately the old computer does still occasionally have a couple of very old bugs that I still can't fix, however v.0.15.6 will be out this month and it will replace the old PC entirely with the new bug-free one.
ok thanks ill wait til then thanks for replying

RNasc4444

Aug 16, 2022
i agree about helena, but the rest are pretty attractive to me. its a shame you think like that considering that closes off most of the paths in the entire game xd
I'm well aware but I'm not gonna put myself through content I dislike. I only have 2 paths. Ellie and Ellie Corruption (which involves her sisters and sadly her mutant orc of a mother). I can't get an update without a detailed changelog or scouring this thread for spoilers because if it doesn't have Ellie related content, there is literally nothing for me. I'm all for supporting Devs but I'm not doing charity :LOL:

MoolaMoona1

Jan 1, 2019

That particular picture is amazingly awful, but I don't think I'd go as far as to say that about this game. I can sort games by views, and quickly find games that look much, much worse. I think the renders in this game are all nice, it's the character archetype of "boney MILF" I don't understand. They look like drag queens to me.

Reactions: RNasc4444

Chucke1992

Jun 11, 2017
So here you have to choose certain routes or you can have them all?

Also is there a compressed or MAC version with the latest update? (I wonder if I can try getting older MAC version and then update autorun/game content with latest changes) + walkthrough mode on top.

Last edited:
4.60 star(s) 143 Votes