notakernelguy

Jan 10, 2021
Well, that was... unexpected. Is this a sandbox game now? And of course the game saves are no longer compatible because of that...Too bad, this kind of "update" pretty much ruined this actually nice game for me. Well, good luck.
Sandbox? why do devs implement gameplay changes halfway through their games? Such a shame, this game had a nice flow with the story.
There is no sandbox, stop this bullshit

Reactions: Mpkstroff

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
We have new stuff .. here it is:
1-
About 100 new renders changing and diversifying the story in some places to give more player controlled decisions.
2-
Lots and lots of new text. If you're one for getting to know the story and the goings-ons around you, then this is the update for you.
3-
I've also added in a two new messaging systems, one for the player, and another to let you know how other characters are really feeling should you risk snooping if they leave themselves logged in.
4-
And of course the long awaited social media app, with some extra renders of characters decided by last month's 10+ poll.
Anything new with Jenna? Gotta love the crazies.
So do we need to start over? I don't mind at all, but I would like to know.
Game oN!

J.R.

Jan 2, 2020
I didnt see any sandbox :unsure:
What part are you talking about?
OK, "sandbox" is an overstatement. But clicking around on this new PC and performing tasks is also not a VN either. Then you actually want to continue playing - but no, back to the PC and make bets, whereby you have to pay attention to the available money. I didn't get to the new phone interface, where you apparently can/must do all sorts of things as well... For me the flow of the game is gone.

Reactions: Vechernyaya

notakernelguy

Jan 10, 2021
OK, "sandbox" is an overstatement. But clicking around on this new PC and performing tasks is also not a VN either. Then you actually want to continue playing - but no, back to the PC and make bets, whereby you have to pay attention to the available money. I didn't get to the new phone interface, where you apparently can/must do all sorts of things as well... For me the flow of the game is gone.
I'm pretty sure almost all of it is optional. Maybe a bit forced only in the begining for the sake of tutorial and that's all.

Reactions: Mpkstroff

SteelyDan14

Formerly Known as GeekBone
Modder
Donor
Jan 13, 2018
It's a fair comment about the PC. I did find it a bit annoying to have it constantly popup. I also don't know if you have to read every news article. I have but I am not sure it has any impact on the game. Like, I noticed Lydia's GF's family owned Williams Transportation, and I saw a truck around town with that name as well so not sure if there is more to it or not. So having read that it helps me I guess, but so far I am not sure if it has an impact on the MC and the story.

I guess I could read the code to find out but... anyway.

J.R.

Jan 2, 2020
Ok, based on the comments, I tried it again. Fortunately, after betting on the PC, the game continued normally - I thought. Then came the phone interface where i have to search pictures of Ellie... Well, I stopped playing the game. Seems it isn't for me anymore. Good luck.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vechernyaya

Pif paf

Engaged Member
Feb 5, 2018
So u say that the thingy with looping back to laptop screen after powerofff is because i didn't bet?
Edited: well it's not working for me: I have this message over the table:
I'm way too busy to be spending any time on that right now
and clicking get me inside laptop screen
and no way out

Last edited:

WhitePhantom

Donor
Game Developer
Feb 21, 2018
It's all optional, except for the first day where you have to place a bet and you have to work on the project on Day 1 so that you can see how it works, otherwise, you might never know it is there.

After that, there is a path where you can skip absolutely everything if you want to both Phone and Laptop wise, and the other two paths make you look at 1 website once per path.

I wouldn't know how to make a sandbox game work tbh, you progress the story as normal once you're done with the phone/laptop and if you don't want to use them, all the menus are "Use Phone/Use Laptop/Option to Continue Story" so you don't even need to open and close them, you can completely skip.

Obviously, you might not want to because even if you don't care at all about the story (in which case my games may not be for you in the first place) then you can gain extra images and stats through texting.

Also, you don't need to worry about money at all, the betting is just a side thing to do, you can check the MC's bank balance if you want on the phone, he's got over £90k in the bank and even more in savings.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Now I get you can use walkthroughs that people make, but I hate walkthroughs, so I'm going to put everything you need to know in the game if you want to look for it.

You exit the laptop by clicking the circle icon in the bottom left and then power off btw. I will make a bigger tutorial on all the buttons maybe as an image and upload it. You should only be getting "I'm too busy" if you're clicking the work icon when you are supposed to be doing a story task.

Shyguy1369

Dec 14, 2018
It's all optional, except for the first day where you have to place a bet and you have to work on the project on Day 1 so that you can see how it works, otherwise, you might never know it is there.

After that, there is a path where you can skip absolutely everything if you want to both Phone and Laptop wise, and the other two paths make you look at 1 website once per path.

I wouldn't know how to make a sandbox game work tbh, you progress the story as normal once you're done with the phone/laptop and if you don't want to use them, all the menus are "Use Phone/Use Laptop/Option to Continue Story" so you don't even need to open and close them, you can completely skip.

Obviously, you might not want to because even if you don't care at all about the story (in which case my games may not be for you in the first place) then you can gain extra images and stats through texting.

Also, you don't need to worry about money at all, the betting is just a side thing to do, you can check the MC's bank balance if you want on the phone, he's got over £90k in the bank and even more in savings.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Now I get you can use walkthroughs that people make, but I hate walkthroughs, so I'm going to put everything you need to know in the game if you want to look for it.

You exit the laptop by clicking the circle icon in the bottom left and then power off btw. I will make a bigger tutorial on all the buttons maybe as an image and upload it. You should only be getting "I'm too busy" if you're clicking the work icon when you are supposed to be doing a story task.
I'm looking forward to going back and go through this again with the updates. I am very much enjoying this VN and the story... hate that I have to choose one LI, but I mean when you look at my favourite VNs, you can probably see why lol. However, that said, I like the story so much I have chosen Ellie as my first run through and I think that shows I am definitely more interested in story than lewd :D

derdiedas1

Aug 12, 2017
I couldn't really decide on what path to take when I played the first time so having to play again actually comes in pretty handy for me, interested to see how the new changes turned out!

EZ8lt

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2019
Honestly, I'm not sure it was a good idea to make these new features. First of all it constantly breaks the flow of the story, which is after a while becomes annoying. I already redid the Steph route but right now I'm debating if I should bother with the rest again. Secondly, while at first it seems interesting in terms of world building and does seem to have a use to an extent, it runs out of steam later on, especially if you don't really care about the side pieces of the lore. It's also rather buggy, I loaded a previous save from the Steph branching and I already had the Ernie and Lydia evidence on the laptop folder.

4.60 star(s) 142 Votes