Glooskabe

Jan 4, 2020
WhitePhantom

Possible continuity error... I think you changed Vanessa's daughter's name, Tiffany -> Charlotte?

Otherwise, nice update! All routes (with the possible exception of Jenna...) are very nice!

Reactions: lyric123

Bailz

Mar 3, 2020
good update (y) can we maybe have a choice to ask Ellie to move in next if we on her route :D

AL.d

Sep 26, 2016
It's not that short when you consider that there are separate routes for Ellie, Vanessa and Steph.
Gameplay time is judged on a single playthrough/save. You can't expect every single player is going back to play through alternate routes. The games might as well be linear if everyone did that.

For example, Witcher 3 is considered to be around 100hrs by both its devs and media/players. If they counted all the different paths it would be around double that but nobody describes it that way.

Reactions: genthrow

WhitePhantom

Donor
Game Developer
Feb 21, 2018
WhitePhantom

Possible continuity error... I think you changed Vanessa's daughter's name, Tiffany -> Charlotte?

Otherwise, nice update! All routes (with the possible exception of Jenna...) are very nice!
Thank you!

I've somehow let her 3D Model's name creep into my head and replace what I actually called her.
I shall fix this in the upcoming update for the phone.

Thanks again!

Glooskabe

Jan 4, 2020
Gameplay time is judged on a single playthrough/save. You can't expect every single player is going back to play through alternate routes. The games might as well be linear if everyone did that.

For example, Witcher 3 is considered to be around 100hrs by both its devs and media/players. If they counted all the different paths it would be around double that but nobody describes it that way.
When you have pathing, the Dev has to choose whether to have smaller progress on many paths or bigger progress on fewer. There's nothing wrong with choosing either, and criticizing his choice isn't exactly productive. What was the point of your original post if not to imply that Dev was doing something wrong? :unsure:

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019

That is not true. All different content is counted. Say game has two routes, route ABC, and then route ABD. AB happens in both route, so that is counted once. Then you add C and D.

Otherwise, following your logic, the variable "gameplay time" would not be well defined as it would give different answer for different routes.

This is the standard way of counting gameplay time.

And you have a detailed statistical answer about the witcher 3 here, with around 50 for main story, 100 for main plus extras, 172 for completionist , averaging to 100 for everyone.

Reactions: MrFriendly

dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020
It's good to know the update is "short" on a single route, can skip a couple updates in that case. I generally wait for the game to be completed to play another route

AL.d

Sep 26, 2016
Not likely.

How do you think those Japanese date sims have times between 30 and 50 hours?

That's for all routes not just 1.
I also think that's bs everytime I see it in the features of Japanese VNs. Like most players will go back and try all sets of choices to get that one , ridiculously difficult "true" end...They won't.

That is not true. All different content is counted. Say game has two routes, route ABC, and then route ABD. AB happens in both route, so that is counted once. Then you add C and D.

Otherwise, following your logic, the variable "gameplay time" would not be well defined as it would give different answer for different routes.

This is the standard way of counting gameplay time.

And you have a detailed statistical answer about the witcher 3 here, with around 50 for main story, 100 for main plus extras, 172 for completionist , averaging to 100 for everyone.

Of course its not clear cut in games that complex, that's why most headlines mention the average player's (who isn't going back to try all routes in one playthrough). I'm assuming that completionist means all the extra side-stuff and collectibles not the alternate scenes if you kill baron instead of the tree (for example). Or if you bang Triss instead of Yen.

On another related example you can see various complaints in gaming youtube/media about their newer game, with many claiming they beat Cyberpunk too fast. I assume they don't mean they went and tried all the routes/origins/decisions and thought it was too fast. Just that their playthrough with a single set of choices ended too soon.

To go back on topic, I actually went and tried the different routes in this just to see. It's still pretty damn short.

Reactions: Ayhsel

JenMistress

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2019
Hey guys. Here's my merged script.rpy file for both IAmAB & KoGa3 mods. All credit goes to them for their great mods, all I did was merge this file.

- Make sure to follow each mods installation instructions. The order does not matter, but both do have to be installed before this file.
- Once you've installed both mods, extract the script.rpy from the download and replace the file in the 'game' folder.

You can also find my full list of mods by clicking on my signature banner.

Updated for 0.9

GDrive - MEGA
Thank you, was just about to say that I think this needs updating as it didn't work. Your timing is amazing. ;)

Reactions: ShaddyGames

MoarDakka123

Jul 7, 2020
Man, I am so happy I finally tried this. I remember seeing this a long time ago and thinking the pitch sounded interesting but probably needs a few patches to really get interesting.

Well, I have no idea if those patches were necessary, but I sure love this now!

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
A very nice update. In most cases, things are developing very nicely between the MC and the different LIs.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
LYDIA: While I understand it's because of how closely she's tied to the plot (I mean, she's the titular character, so obviously), it's a shame we haven't gotten anything more intimate with Lydia for a while now. Can't psycho killer hitmen (or hitwomen— hitpeople?) just leave the poor framed woman alone with her "compassionate" lawyer for long enough that they can have snuggle-time (and smooch-time and grind-time and hump-time) for themselves? Some villains are so heartless...

Last edited:
4.60 star(s) 141 Votes