Flanneri

Apr 20, 2019
Oh and for you CrucifiedMulan, since you're looking for suggestions, maybe name the compulsions "Urges" and the habbits "Addictions"
Glad there is finally a discussion going on about something related to my profession. I want to say that I am not suggesting anything, but simply systematizing things from the point of view of the modern psychology and psychiatry to such phenomena:
There is a great trio that epitomizes intrusive states:
Obsessions - intrusive thoughts
Compulsions - intrusive behavior.
Phobias - intrusive fears.
All intrusive states are neuroses, which are an intermediate state between psychosis and a mental state corresponding to normality.
Addictions are quite different and are divided into chemical and non-chemical addictions. When a person is addicted, he or she feels an unbearable urge to do something (smoke a joint or play video games, suit yourself). Subsequently, when performing the act, the person may experience feelings ranging from relief, to ecstasy (depending on the stage of addiction).

P.S. Kudos to Duh for the suggestions, I think they are extremely appropriate.

P.P.S. The interpretation and explanation of these states are purposely simplified for the commentators' understanding.

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: IncineratedMulan

Nymphonomicon

Jan 10, 2019
It seems cool and all but CrucifiedMulan where does the "Red Kira" fits in all of this or she'll be responsible for a entirely different ''skill tree''?
According to what I've heard from the Discord, the Red Kira is a separate personality and she is not affected by the other Kira(s)'s fetishes or other mental issues.

Reactions: 0pis

0pis

Aug 29, 2019
According to what I've heard from the Discord, the Red Kira is a separate personality and she is not affected by the other Kira(s)'s fetishes or other mental issues.
Ah I see now, still in that progress report picture with fetishes one of the hemispheres was red, maybe it's a reference to this. It's a guess, but we'll see if it has any merit, thank you nonetheless .

Nymphonomicon

Jan 10, 2019
Ah I see now, still in that progress report picture with fetishes one of the hemispheres was red, maybe it's a reference to this. It's a guess, but we'll see if it has any merit, thank you nonetheless .
Mulan hasn't really explained on the Discord what that brain is supposed to represent, but I'm assuming the red half is the violence Kira and the pink is the lustful pink text bimbo Kira.

Reactions: 0pis

Warphorror

Jan 2, 2018
While the "Red Queen" Kira was a separate personnality than Lust before the game events an ingame comment by Lenine suggest that current Kira personnality and decisions (gaining fetishes maybe) influence her.

Oct 8, 2022
Mulan hasn't really explained on the Discord what that brain is supposed to represent, but I'm assuming the red half is the violence Kira and the pink is the lustful pink text bimbo Kira.
Of course he has. Kira has brain implants. That's where she stores her personalities. So it makes sense that you'd use a brain as UI decoration. And it's not even something that he said on discord or something, it's literally the main sub plot of the game lol. Can't believe I have to explain the lore here

Boko43

Aug 12, 2022
Glad there is finally a discussion going on about something related to my profession. I want to say that I am not suggesting anything, but simply systematizing things from the point of view of the modern psychology and psychiatry to such phenomena:
There is a great trio that epitomizes intrusive states:
Obsessions - intrusive thoughts
Compulsions - intrusive behavior.
Phobias - intrusive fears.
All intrusive states are neuroses, which are an intermediate state between psychosis and a mental state corresponding to normality.
Addictions are quite different and are divided into chemical and non-chemical addictions. When a person is addicted, he or she feels an unbearable urge to do something (smoke a joint or play video games, suit yourself). Subsequently, when performing the act, the person may experience feelings ranging from relief, to ecstasy (depending on the stage of addiction).

P.S. Kudos to Duh for the suggestions, I think they are extremely appropriate.

P.P.S. The interpretation and explanation of these states are purposely simplified for the commentators' understanding.
The fueld of psychology or anything revolving aroudn the human brain is about as trusworthy as dark ages plauge doctors and miasma theory absolute dogshit psychotherapy is a scam

Flanneri

Apr 20, 2019
The fueld of psychology or anything revolving aroudn the human brain is about as trusworthy as dark ages plauge doctors and miasma theory absolute dogshit psychotherapy is a scam
I almost want to quote Duh on this one. You are either trying to troll or you are as dumb as a piece of toast. Or you have entered puberty and are not coming out of it any time soon, then both of the previous two points are equally true

Oct 8, 2022
I almost want to quote Duh on this one. You are either trying to troll or you are as dumb as a piece of toast. Or you have entered puberty and are not coming out of it any time soon, then both of the previous two points are equally true
Hey, this is a safe space, we're all equally stupid here.

Oh and this goes out to everyone, feel free to quote me at any time, my comments are certified hood classics afterall;)

Reactions: Flanneri

Cesco

Jul 15, 2017
Some of these cutscenes are absurdly long. I'm legit holding the skip button for the past 10 minutes on the scene with the mother hypnotism. And it's the same shit, she just keeps rambling. WHY?! WHY DID the Mulan do this. Yeah, the dialogue is funny at times, but how far up your ass do you have to be to think "yeah, this dialogue is so good, the player can't get enough of it. 30 minutes without skipping- let's goooooo"
Even the assault scene at the gym was unbearably long.
BREVITY MY GUY

HitD

Apr 2, 2018
Some of these cutscenes are absurdly long. I'm legit holding the skip button for the past 10 minutes on the scene with the mother hypnotism. And it's the same shit, she just keeps rambling. WHY?! WHY DID the Mulan do this. Yeah, the dialogue is funny at times, but how far up your ass do you have to be to think "yeah, this dialogue is so good, the player can't get enough of it. 30 minutes without skipping- let's goooooo"
Even the assault scene at the gym was unbearably long.
BREVITY MY GUY
To create the illusion of work for his patch note about 2000 pages of script or some shit. ;)

Sexy Manga

Jun 20, 2021
Hello, I have a question. I got a card at the gym, where do I have to go? Is it already in the game or not? That would be nice to have an answer

Warphorror

Jan 2, 2018
Hello, I have a question. I got a card at the gym, where do I have to go? Is it already in the game or not? That would be nice to have an answer
End of content for now and reasonable forseable future. I don't remember if Mulan has addressed if downtown will be after Vivarium or later.

3.90 star(s) 103 Votes