ExhibPal

May 29, 2019
Hey guys, is there any way or mod to disable the Asylum?
I want to play with cheats disabled to get feats, but I hate the Asylum from the bottom of my heart, it takes too long to get out of there if you get sent there, so I always use cheats to get my trauma under 90% if I pass out.
Edit: I meant just remove the Asylum without removing trauma, I like the trauma mechanic, but I don't like the Asylum. Maybe limit it to 89% so you can still have the trauma effects but without being thrown into the Asylum.

Last edited:

shade555

Jan 28, 2021
is there any way or mod to disable the Asylum?
Never heard of anything like that. Nothing on DoLMods at first glance, either.

I always use cheats to get my trauma under 90% if I pass out.
Well, the only non-cheat way to do so is to watch trauma carefully, abuse save-load (which isn't easy now) and give yourself a good de-trauma session. Thankfully, missing school isn't a crime anymore so until you run out of rent ransom money, that'll work.

asriu

Jan 26, 2020
Modding drama is incredibly annoying and stupid for the most part in the same way that things like fansub or scanilation drama is. People will throw hissy fits and screech while turning around to burn down their own work and sabotage users over incredibly stupid shit all the time. I play Starsector which is a great game but one of the modders had a gigantic meltdown and inserted code to brick peoples save game into his own mods and mods other people made because someone took something he made that he gave permission for people to modify and turned it into an 18+ mod he didnt like. Like fuck that guy in particular but also holy shit dont prod the autists.

Summary of what happened if you are interested.

Meme review of the game because its great.
Oh Starsector~ really good game too bad my potato can only play vanilla but that good and fun enuf.
wish to play PC game too bad potato disagree

• Wow
Reactions: HikkiG and Robotai

LandBeach

Jun 3, 2019
I want to play with cheats disabled to get feats, but I hate the Asylum from the bottom of my heart, it takes too long to get out of there if you get sent there, so I always use cheats to get my trauma under 90% if I pass out.
Use sugar cube commands, it lets you unlock achievements still

Sep 3, 2023
Never heard of anything like that. Nothing on DoLMods at first glance, either.

Well, the only non-cheat way to do so is to watch trauma carefully, abuse save-load (which isn't easy now) and give yourself a good de-trauma session. Thankfully, missing school isn't a crime anymore so until you run out of rent ransom money, that'll work.
Why is save scumming more difficult now? I never did it much, but I haven't noticed any changes

JenusKudo

Aug 4, 2017
Is there a way to stand during fight? My character always end up on their back... only very rarely they are kneeling....but they are never standing

Reactions: ᴏᴄᴛᴏ

M4risa

Feb 22, 2019
how do i suppos export my game? i press to get save data but i can't use that to load the game i get that an error. Someone know what im doing wrong? 1710467184247.png

Sissycuck111

May 8, 2023
I use a routine that helps with the tedious process of getting through the day. I got to bed and hit 8 hrs. You'll be automatically pulled into the harper appointment. I repeat until the 8pm session and I exercise outside until 10pm. Rinse repeat. I've never counted the days it takes but it feels much faster this way.

MasterN64

Apr 29, 2020
Honestly though do more poses really affect the game that much? Does it really matter if you are standing instead of on the ground? Variety for the sake of variety is mostly wasted effort in a lot of ways unless you can do something unique with the new options. I really dont see how adding a bunch of extra poses would change a whole lot aside from adding in literally hundreds of sprites to make.

• Angry
Reactions: ᴏᴄᴛᴏ

ViviX12

Engaged Member
Jan 5, 2019
Honestly though do more poses really affect the game that much? Does it really matter if you are standing instead of on the ground? Variety for the sake of variety is mostly wasted effort in a lot of ways unless you can do something unique with the new options. I really dont see how adding a bunch of extra poses would change a whole lot aside from adding in literally hundreds of sprites to make.
Well, having the game and NPC actions actually recognise and reflect the position of your and other characters in the environment would be pretty nice I'd think

Reactions: Robotai

sleoni

Jan 14, 2018
open up your browser's console (ctrl+shift+J), in the screen that pops up type "SugarCube.State.variables.trauma = 0" and it rests your trauma to 0. best do it when you pass out from stress, before waking up in hospital.

if you're already in the asylum, type "SugarCube.state.variables.awareness = -250" and it should set your awareness low enough that Harper will have you released during the next examination.

MasterN64

Apr 29, 2020
Well, having the game and NPC actions actually recognise and reflect the position of your and other characters in the environment would be pretty nice I'd think
For sure it would be nice but the problem isnt if it would be or not its if there is enough manpower to do it and if it is actually worth the effort. Its a lot of work to carefully implement a lot of that stuff properly and oftentimes that is best spent elsewhere making new content that expands the game in more meaningful ways. Not saying its a bad idea or anything just not practical when there is a floor everywhere.

Reactions: EmperorGus

shade555

Jan 28, 2021
Why is save scumming more difficult now? I never did it much, but I haven't noticed any changes
I remember some time ago reloading was randomizing the paths you're on, making abusing it a way to get the best results available. Nowadays you're on a set path unless you do something in a different way (and at times, even that isn't enough). So save scamming today is much more difficult.

Reactions: gorgonzola_eater

shade555

Jan 28, 2021
do more poses really affect the game that much? Does it really matter if you are standing instead of on the ground?
Well, in Tales of Androginy there's a whole system with stances, postures and actions available. Too bad most of it isn't animated, but still. Just imagine MC would have to be knocked down, gripped or pinned to start performing rape on them to see how richer would combat environment be.

And yes, more and better sprites would be welcome. Moreso, good vector animation (I'm looking at The Third Crisis as a shining example of that) would do the game more justice that current pixel-art does. For example, current pregnant MC looks like they are just obese. And it's too bad being obese is not implemented.

MasterN64

Apr 29, 2020
You still dont see the point that i am making. If you make a new stance like standing or sitting or whatever if you want it to be up to the quality of the rest of the "combat" in the game you will have to make the base sprite and every piece of clothing to fit that. Then the sprites for every pose and for every piece of clothing to fit that. Then the sprites for every variation of undress for both of those other sets. That is a *lot* of work for a simple mechanic of resisting before getting to the floor. All of which people will just spam the number keys to skip after doing and reading literally 2 combats in the game. And sure you could hope for and wish for whatever you want but asking for an entire sprite rework along with a host of entirely new positions and situations is basically asking Santa for a unicorn. It doesnt matter how awesome it would be if its so far off in fantasy land its probably never going to actually happen. The worst thing that someone can do is put their heads in the clouds as to what is possible in games like this.

4.50 star(s) 179 Votes