ladguru

Oct 18, 2018
Holy sweet baby Jesus, it actually worked. Thank you!

It's rather strange that you need to be in the higher spectrum of A* to grab it. Not really intuitive.
This box-thing seemed always seemed a bit odd to me.
But since we are talking about it...
I think the idea is: With low History you just see the silver and throw the box away. With high History you see that the box itself might have a value too.

May 18, 2019
This box-thing seemed always seemed a bit odd to me.
But since we are talking about it...
I think the idea is: With low History you just see the silver and throw the box away. With high History you see that the box itself might have a value too.
Yeah, the idea is clear, but the execution is kinda shaky. I mean, you don't need to be a history prodigy to realize that the box itself could interest certain collectors. If I am not mistaken, I even tried hunting for the box when I just barely passed A* mark, and it didn't work. However, after I maxed out my history skill, the option did appear.

Chingonerio

Oct 1, 2017
Can anyone tell me the steps to unlocking the garden spring at the orphanage? I have Mason on "delightful" and have been doing the talk at the pond to get love up, i just need the triggers.
Also can anyone give me the rebelious number needed to get the orphans artifact? i have it at 12.
Mason's love value must be 30 or higher. Rebeliousness must be 50 or above for the "high rebellion" event pool to have a chance of appearing, and even then there's a random chance you'll get two other items that aren't the antique from the right event.

Yeah, the idea is clear, but the execution is kinda shaky. I mean, you don't need to be a history prodigy to realize that the box itself could interest certain collectors. If I am not mistaken, I even tried hunting for the box when I just barely passed A* mark, and it didn't work. However, after I maxed out my history skill, the option did appear.
Would it help if the description of the box changed along with your History stat so it read something like "a white box" at lower ranks instead of "made out of that material that elephant poachers are known to collect, actually, but I'll ignore that mess because pretty metal contents"?

I'm surprised you can't try to turn the box into Landry at lower stats instead, if the player recognizes it as ivory but not that it has historical belongs-in-a-museum significance.

Kinky_One

Jan 16, 2018
I don't know if this is a bug or just pure lack of luck, but... Since the body writting system was implemented i can't get an NPC to writte on my right leg. On the last couple of days i have been griding tattos, getting gangbanged on the brothel until i get something i like, but even after covering all my body in tattos still no one will writte on my right leg.

May 18, 2019
Mason's love value must be 30 or higher. Rebeliousness must be 50 or above for the "high rebellion" event pool to have a chance of appearing, and even then there's a random chance you'll get two other items that aren't the antique from the right event.

Would it help if the description of the box changed along with your History stat so it read something like "a white box" at lower ranks instead of "made out of that material that elephant poachers are known to collect, actually, but I'll ignore that mess because pretty metal contents"?

I'm surprised you can't try to turn the box into Landry at lower stats instead, if the player recognizes it as ivory but not that it has historical belongs-in-a-museum significance.
To be fair, I doubt I'd even notice the change unless someone shoved my nose into it.

I believe it would have been best to just change the requirement from A* to A.

Also Winter hints that they are looking for a jewelery case. I don't know if the game can even track it (I believe the game randomly gives hints based on what artifacts still need to be found, without actually realizing what artifact it is alluding to), but it'd be neat to bypass the requirement once you are aware that Winter is looking for a jewelery box.

May 18, 2019
From a house or on the street ?
Any (I think?) street. You will stumble upon a lady (can it be a man? I mean, is it predetermined or the event is written with a random person marker?) carrying a box with the clothes in question. She will recognize you and offer to take the box for yourself, so that someone could take pictures of you wearing these clothes. So, I think you will need some fame for the event to take place. It happened to me during a sunset, so I'm not sure if it happens any time during the day.

Last edited:

ladguru

Oct 18, 2018
Not quite. Reb and Hope are capped between ±50. At 50 Reb there is a 50% chance for the high-reb pool to be chosen.
But hope-events and special events are checked before. So the actual chance is much lower even at max Reb.

Reactions: Chingonerio
May 18, 2019
Why "fortunately"? You dont want an option to fight back against endless rape attempts? Or give Bailey what they deserve?
Same reason you never question why your wife is beautiful. The core gameplay of the game is great for what it is. Giving the players means to murder people would completely ruin the experience. This is the same reason I oppose the idea of introducing raping other NPCs, even if you become the king of the gym with full set of pepper sprays (I still want your character to become more assertive and cunning at some point tho). Call me a victim at heart, but I enjoy playing as a helpless character who can't just pick up a knife and go on a bloody rampage. There are other games for that.

Last edited:

sparrow_rose

May 5, 2018
i find it weird that your 18 and an orphan, yet you're not only forced to go to school, but the police will actively look for you if you skip enough classes.
I don't, cause I always assumed the character wasn't 18 yet. Though, you could just be in a world where the age of adulthood is legally higher than 18 or something. Or maybe this is like South Korea, where when they say they're 18 they're more like 16. In any case, you're age is never actually said in this game, though I do hope to have that changed in the future. Probably the distant future, as an optional feature. And if it were me... I'd set the minimum age as 18 at download, but have it really easily configurable if someone wants to raise or lower the minimum age. That way, I'm playing nice while giving players freedom.

Reactions: Swedra

Chingonerio

Oct 1, 2017
Not quite. Reb and Hope are capped between ±50. At 50 Reb there is a 50% chance for the high-reb pool to be chosen.
But hope-events and special events are checked before. So the actual chance is much lower even at max Reb.
You're absolutely right and I completely misread the Gitgud code I was reading. Maxing out the stat does help a lot, though, since it and the randomly generated value need to be able to add up above 100 total.

But yeah, events tied to both the home_event_timer and the first RNG check will take precedence, and then hope's high-and-low checks. Which is a little ridiculous in practice, seeing how the low check means it's disadvantageous to keep it in either zero or any negative value since it needs the sum of an RNG and hope to be less than or equal to 1... meaning you'd ideally want hope to be at least 1 to eliminate its chance of success, since the RNG for low hope will always be at least 1 at minimum. Oof.

Last edited:

qorl55

May 23, 2018
Same reason you never question why your wife is beautiful. The core gameplay of the game is great for what it is. Giving the players means to murder people would completely ruin the experience. This is the same reason I oppose the idea of introducing raping other NPCs, even if you become the king of the gym with full set of pepper sprays (I still want your character to become more assertive and cunning at some point tho). Call me a victim at heart, but I enjoy playing as a helpless character who can't just pick up a knife and go on a bloody rampage. There are other games for that.
...which is why I want AN OPTION to fight back with a weapon. This wouldnt affect your ability to get your character raped and victimized by every passerby. I mean, right now you can still fight back, just without wounding other npcs, that doesn't ruin the "rapetoy" aspect for you? I just want some katharsis.
Also, the pepper spray is probably the most outrageous aspect in this game, it's illegal? Really??

'Everything is consensual role play, and any animals are actually people in costumes' after all :)

Plus, specifying age wouldn't in any way affect the gameplay, so why create problematic atmosphere when you can avoid it?
Why would the age be problematic if it's "consensual roleplay". They can 'roleplay' a younger age.

May 18, 2019
...which is why I want AN OPTION to fight back with a weapon. This wouldnt affect your ability to get your character raped and victimized by every passerby. I mean, right now you can still fight back, just without wounding other npcs, that doesn't ruin the "rapetoy" aspect for you? I just want some katharsis.
Also, the pepper spray is probably the most outrageous aspect in this game, it's illegal? Really??
Yeah, I also wouldn't be against having an option to brutally murder and cannibalize on my fellow citizens in Stardew Valley.

Sorry about the half-baked analogy. Let's just agree to disagree.

Why would the age be problematic if it's "consensual roleplay". They can 'roleplay' a younger age.
Because having a 12 y.o. actress with a toy-vagina role-playing a rape victim violated by a toy-penis would not be welcomed by the general community outside a bunch of sites that consider concepts of lolicon and shotacon morally acceptable.

Or, if you imply adult actors playing underage characters, good luck explaining it to all them internet crusaders who only need but a faint reason to start a shitshow. Vrelnir was already refused by Patreon to host the project on their site, despite this gimmick about all character being 18+ and the whole situation being a stage play.

Last edited:
Reactions: Swedra

ladguru

Oct 18, 2018
You're absolutely right and I completely misread the Gitgud code I was reading. Maxing out the stat does help a lot, though, since it and the randomly generated value need to be able to add up above 100 total.

But yeah, events tied to both the home_event_timer and the first RNG check will take precedence, and then hope's high-and-low checks. Which is a little ridiculous in practice, seeing how the low check means it's disadvantageous to keep it in the negatives (since it needs the sum of an RNG and hope to be less than 1). Oof.
Yup. I think I get the intentions of this code, but the result is quite different. Getting randomness right is really hard...
This event-pool fork needs a better approach. I have no solution at hand, probability is not one of my favorite subjects. (Maybe because I know enough about it to know WHY it is hard)

4.50 star(s) 187 Votes