Chingonerio

Oct 1, 2017
Yup. I think I get the intentions of this code, but the result is quite different. Getting randomness right is really hard...
This event-pool fork needs a better approach. I have no solution at hand, probability is not one of my favorite subjects. (Maybe because I know enough about it to know WHY it is hard)
To be fair, this game does seem to be using a different or modified function for RNG than past Twine games I've played do, since you can seem to reliably get the same 'rolls' if you repeat the same steps when loading saves (unless this is a SugarCube2 thing that I somehow never noticed before), so it's somewhat save-scummable.

I do hope the way it's handled changes, though. Re-balancing occurred for the Temple, so maybe it'll happen for some other older areas as well.

Speaking of, I really hope physique gets untied from or heavily modified so as to minimize its contribution to hip shrinking: I'm not convinced that being athletic or swimming should just immediately zero in on the character's ass and flatten the heck out of it, which appears to be the way it's coded according to the Gitgud.

Also:
0.2.13.2 Changelog from Vrelnir's Blogspot said:
  • Harper will no longer be described as assaulting a female character's penis.
  • The old centaur should no longer be referred to with a male pronoun if female.
  • The PC will no longer be referred to by an NPC's pronouns after performing hard labour at Remy's farm.
  • Sirris will no longer be referred to with a student's pronons when examining the PC with a speculum.
Thanks to Lollipop Scythe for the following fixes:
  • Fixed a bug that prevented save names from displaying.
  • Fixed a bug that caused performance to worsen over time.
  • Fixed an error at the tailor.
  • Fixed an issue in the cheat menu.
  • Fixed an error found when Remy removes the PC's tattoo or bodywriting to make way for their own.
I am extremely thankful for the Lollipop Scythe's bugfix to the 'performance worsen over time' issue. Geezum crow that mess is hurting me, time to download.

sparrow_rose

May 5, 2018
Personally, I wouldn't be overly serious about characters' ages or whatnot.

'Everything is consensual role play, and any animals are actually people in costumes' after all :)

Plus, specifying age wouldn't in any way affect the gameplay, so why create problematic atmosphere when you can avoid it?
Because having a 12 y.o. actress with a toy-vagina role-playing a rape victim violated by a toy-penis would not be welcomed by the general community outside a bunch of sites that consider concepts of lolicon and shotacon morally acceptable.

Or, if you imply adult actors playing underage characters, good luck explaining it to all them internet crusaders who only need but a faint reason to start a shitshow. Vrelnir was already refused by Patreon to host the project on their site, despite this gimmick about all character being 18+ and the whole situation being a stage play.
I get what your saying, but... it's just something I like. You don't need to know your pc's hair color in a text game, yet that information is usually available. The details help somehow. They make the game more fun and draw you in.
So, yeah. I want to know my pc's age. I want to know, and even be able to configure the other characters age like I do their sex. Especially since there's actual time passing in this game. I want to configure birthdays, and throw Robin a party when their's rolls around.
By the way, I really like The Sims, Girl Life, Accidental Woman, Cursed, Lifeplay, basically my favorite stuff usually has some life simulation thrown in. Bitlife and Instlife are awesome. So~ this age thing isn't related to the deviant in me. More like the 5 year old child that liked to play house. :)

Reactions: Richy_The_Gamer

JenaiyaSovari

Oct 6, 2019
You realize pepper spray is illegal or heavily restricted in quite a few countries, right?
Wait, really?
I assumed that was only an explanation for why my character can't just mace everyone who looks at her funny. Though I doubt there's enough pepper spray in the universe for that... ;)

May 18, 2019
I get what your saying, but... it's just something I like. You don't need to know your pc's hair color in a text game, yet that information is usually available. The details help somehow. They make the game more fun and draw you in.
So, yeah. I want to know my pc's age. I want to know, and even be able to configure the other characters age like I do their sex. Especially since there's actual time passing in this game. I want to configure birthdays, and throw Robin a party when their's rolls around.
By the way, I really like The Sims, Girl Life, Accidental Woman, Cursed, Lifeplay, basically my favorite stuff usually has some life simulation thrown in. Bitlife and Instlife are awesome. So~ this age thing isn't related to the deviant in me. More like the 5 year old child that liked to play house. :)
Oh well, whatever makes your bells jingle, I guess.

I mean, in my headcanon Eden is a black man with Ekundayo's (Pathfinder: Kingmaker) accent and huge dong. Absolutely nothing ingame suggests him being anywhere near my personal image of him, yet I have no problem seeing him this way. If you want to believe that your character is underage, it's quite easy to do so without the game outright stating this. Thanks to vague descriptions of each character, you can think of them in any way you like. You can even go as far as imagine Robin as an infantile woman with enormous boobs, despite everything indicating that they are very young. Or seeing Avery as a Christian Grey, despite the game mentioning that they are 'old enough to be your father/mother'. This is the magic of text-based games, very much like literature. Your hands are only bound by your own imagination.

Ps. Not gonna lie, I liked the idea of characters having bithdays. It'd be hellova cool to have special yearly events.

Last edited:

madchef

Jan 10, 2020
Oh well, whatever makes your bells jingle, I guess.

This is the magic of text-based games, very much like literature. Your hands are only bound by your own imagination.

Ps. Not gonna lie, I liked the idea of characters having bithdays. It'd be hellova cool to have special yearly events.
Well, with this specific genre of literature and games, your hands (at least one) may be otherwise distracted. ;)

Agree on more special events like birthdays or anniversaries.

• I just jizzed my pants
Reactions: YetAnotherUser

gnegna

Aug 1, 2019
In the patch notes of the last major update there are mentioned some added clothing (pleated microskirt and heels). Where do I get them? Do I have to unlock them somehow?

illusionxxx

Jan 13, 2020
It'd be great to be able to set the gender ratio of "aggressor" "normal" and "victim" NPCs separately

Last edited:

Midge

Nov 21, 2019
My PC is 14-16, my dogs are dogs and not people in suits and the rape is rape. At least in my head cannon. ;)

madchef

Jan 10, 2020
noticed the most recent change log mentions a centaur. where do i find it?
It's probably just a Farm horse whose anthropomorphic form the MC perceives with high Awareness / hallucinations, the same way that wolves become Wolfboys.

As per the game's blog: Horses can be replaced by centauri should settings and traits allow it.

madchef

Jan 10, 2020
No! A soft spoken gent i bully for cash. Or Chris o'donnell.
Same here: a genuinely nice guy who's just a bit too vanilla for my PC, a female tart with a golden heart.

Interestingly enough, the newest update allows you to choose pre-defined genders (and sizes) of all significant NPCs and it turns out that default Robin is a girl. I am not sure if the entire idea of gender-neutral (or gender-customizable) characters work well. There's a lot more to gender than just pronouns (at least in English, my own mother tongue is gender-sensitive to a much deeper degree) + genitalia and I find some of the character's action lacking conviction if they're to be a specific gender. I mean I might be too old and too straight, but a female Head Mistress frequenting a brothel where she regularly corrupts her students and even collects photographic evidence of that is just not that believable. And the behaviour is basically the same, regardless of the gender. It would be a great idea if the cis-gender NPC acted in accordance with their gender in certain situations, not just wore different clothes in our imaginations and used different pronouns.

Last edited:
May 18, 2019
Interestingly enough, the newest update allows you to choose pre-defined genders (and sizes) of all significant NPCs and it turns out that default Robin is a girl.
Eh? The ability to choose gender for the NPCs is not exactly new. It was already there when I first tried the game back in late March. What's really new in the newest version is the ability to choose bust sizes and UI. And back in the day, if left with default settings, genders and penis sizes were picked randomly. I am too lazy to double-check, but I'm pretty sure this mechanics remained the same, plus you can directly influence breasts now. Or am I missing something?

It would be a great idea if the cis-gender NPC acted in accordance with their gender in certain situations, not just wore different clothes in our imaginations and used different pronouns.
That would be cool, but it's so much work, and not just scripting but also writing, that I doubt Vrelnir will go that way. If I get you correctly, you mean coming up with different personalities for two genders of the same character? Like male Leighton being a brothel frequenting pervert and female Leighton being, for instance, a strict prude head teacher? I already suggested something similar on a different forum (a route system for the NPCs, to be more precise), and Vrelnir was kinda supportive of the idea, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

---

As a matter of fact, I've always wanted to know how Vrelnir perceives these characters - who is supposed to be male, who is supposed to be female, who's got a big Richard, and who's got a pencil dick, etc. However, I doubt (s)he'd be entirely sincere about it, lol. I mean, if I were in their shoes, I'd insist that hey, it's up to you to decide who's who. And yet clearly Avery was inspired by older sugar daddies who hook up with younger girls and hold them as trophies. Plus, all that heavy lifting during first meeting in the park (bruh, mommy Avery sure is strong).

Last edited:
4.50 star(s) 187 Votes