Shynasha

Mar 19, 2019
Also had a question about scene, they won't just be "video" or "cutscene" right ? They will be kinda part of gameplay and can be made in all (or most) place ?

Seifer92

Aug 17, 2018
Also had a question about scene, they won't just be "video" or "cutscene" right ? They will be kinda part of gameplay and can be made in all (or most) place ?
I second you on this, truly hope is not just video CGI, literally the thing that turned me off from subverse

massoblivion

Creating Deluded
Game Developer
Jul 10, 2018
Also had a question about scene, they won't just be "video" or "cutscene" right ?
although you can't customize the scene, they're not pre-rendered. e.g. in the joystick scene you can undress Alisa or leave the clothes on. all the effects applied to Alisa (e. g. dirtiness) are present in the scene. the scenes have also different outcomes depending on your choices and attributes
in the future, when we implement character customization, all changes you make to the character will be seen as well
They will be kinda part of gameplay and can be made in all (or most) place ?
the scenes are accessible through quests

Last edited:

Seifer92

Aug 17, 2018
Not pre-rendered because the choice we make impact the scene, but not interactive in the same way. Would have been great if you could give the girl pleasure during the scene using the cursor as fingers/tongue/sextoys/dick etc.

Phase_01

Nov 27, 2021
Will there be a scene replay/gallery feature?

And if so, will the scenes be of choices you've chosen, or show all different variations of one scene?

Personally I think it'd be cool if u could unlock multiple variations of a scene in the gallery, after doing multiple playthroughs of the game (though would be nice to be able to see all the variations without doing so many playthroughs, if the variations are really different especially)

massoblivion

Creating Deluded
Game Developer
Jul 10, 2018
Will there be a scene replay/gallery feature?

And if so, will the scenes be of choices you've chosen, or show all different variations of one scene?

Personally I think it'd be cool if u could unlock multiple variations of a scene in the gallery, after doing multiple playthroughs of the game (though would be nice to be able to see all the variations without doing so many playthroughs, if the variations are really different especially)
Yep, we want to make it through the achievements tab

Deniz31

Jul 25, 2017

The v0.1 of Deluded is available for Deluded+ patrons!

The current version contains:
~ 1 hour of gameplay
  • Scenes (joystick, tentacle, etc)
  • Cinematic and immersive story experience
  • Quests with different outcomes
  • Multiple random events
  • RPG-based gameplay (choices matter)
  • NPCs with unique stories
  • Clothing system (changing, wearing multiple layers)
  • Basic interaction with objects (picking up, peeing, sleeping and more)
  • Weather and Time systems
  • 3x3 km map with the river, lake, forests, towns, cities
  • Grid-based inventory (+sorting)
✨ Enjoy! ✨

massoblivion

Creating Deluded
Game Developer
Jul 10, 2018
yeah, we were able to fix all of the critical bugs early and release today. this means the free version will come out earlier as well

I’ll post the game here on F95 at the date of the free release (11th of December). unless someone else leaks it earlier

Last edited:

Seifer92

Aug 17, 2018
yeah, we were able to fix all of the critical bugs early and release today. this means the free version will come out earlier as well

I’ll post the game here on F95 at the date of the free release (11th of December). unless someone else leaks it earlier
You mean the censored version, right?

DreamingAway

Aug 24, 2022
because the censored version is free

but don't freak out. the game request is already there, I guess they'll be faster than me :)
My thoughts:

Focusing on making a good game seems to be the best measurement of success for a higher ROI ($$) on patreon.

In General, From what I've seen -
Patreon Projects Perceived to be High Quality Follow These Rules:
  • Consistent content releases
  • Keeping promises and commitments
  • Good communication
  • Delivering the content that people backing you want
So I have to ask..
Why bother wasting any development time on embedding a censorship shader into your game?

Especially if you already agree / acknowledge it's going to be leaked / re-released / de-censored anyways..

Do you think it will increase Patreon revenue?
Has this been proven to work with any other game on Patreon?

It doesn't bother me personally. Just curious. :giggle:

massoblivion

Creating Deluded
Game Developer
Jul 10, 2018
My thoughts:

Focusing on making a good game seems to be the best measurement of success for a higher ROI ($$) on patreon.

In General, From what I've seen -
Patreon Projects Perceived to be High Quality Follow These Rules:
  • Consistent content releases
  • Keeping promises and commitments
  • Good communication
  • Delivering the content that people backing you want
So I have to ask..
Why bother wasting any development time on embedding a censorship shader into your game?

Especially if you already agree / acknowledge it's going to be leaked / re-released / de-censored anyways..

Do you think it will increase Patreon revenue?
Has this been proven to work with any other game on Patreon?

It doesn't bother me personally. Just curious. :giggle:
I explained it (see the comments)
maybe we'll find a better solution in the future.
we made the censored version just to give the $5 tier at least some reason to exist

I know some say "if people like the game the will support it". My personal thought is that it's true for some people. For others you gotta give a reason to pledge

Last edited:

mattrixatp

Apr 29, 2017
maybe we'll find a better solution in the future
Like changing the release schedule so those patreons get the game earlier? And release a free version a month later. You know, just like pretty much everybody else. Or simply don't have a free version and let it leak :LOL:

Reactions: paw_beans

paw_beans

Modder
May 23, 2022
I explained it (see the comments)
maybe we'll find a better solution in the future.
we made the censored version just to give the $5 tier at least some reason to exist

I know some say "if people like the game the will support it". My personal thought is that it's true for some people. For others you gotta give a reason to pledge
You would receive more support if you would just release a normal free version that is 1 update behind or like mattrixatp said a month behind
the newest version. As far as my knowledge goes censored version rarely are even really played and mostly downloaded only to see its censored and deleted again only to find a leaked build. Another point mattrixatp already said is focus your resources on improving the game rather than censoring the game.

Reactions: Guz89