HedonHey

Sep 11, 2018
I'm trying to work out what the title means. Is it an intentional portmantau of "depravity" and "deprivation"? And if so, what does that mean? What are you being deprived of?
Good news, today you learned a new word! Grammatically speaking deprave is a verb, something you do, while depravation is the noun form of it - a noun is a name for a "class of people/places/things", so it's basically the name for the state of having been depraved, or the state of being in the process of depraving someone or something.

So if you ask someone if they have been depraved and they say yes, then they are in a state of depravation. If they say no you can bring them into your library of educational torture to further deprave them in a session of utter depravation.

Ferghus

Engaged Member
Aug 25, 2017
Is this game a parody to A Wife and Mother?

Cause this is the description of AWAM:
"My game is a choice-based visual novel, where you take on the role of Sophia Parker, a happily married middle-aged woman. Her husband just accepted a new job, so they have just moved from their sleepy, cold, small town to San Alejo, a hot megacity by the sea."

Very similar.
You're right, most of the overview is lifted from AWAM word for word.
My game is a choice-based visual novel, where you play as Sophia, a happily married middle-aged woman and fertile mother of a spoiled son in his late teenage and daughter. Due to her husband’s promotion she just moved with her family to San Polo.
My game is a choice-based visual novel, where you take the role of Sophia Parker, a happily married middle-aged woman and mother of a son and daughter. Due to her husband’s new job offer she just moved with her family from their sleepy, cold, small town to San Alejo, a hot megacity by the sea. And not only the city is bigger but also their new house and backyard.
It's pretty shady how there's no mention of the other game. Parody or not, it looks a lot like plagiarism. It raises the concern of whether other sentences in the game have also been cut and pasted from other sources.

Reactions: hr17

czenris

May 26, 2020
I might be abit harsh but I think you need to polish the demo and add more content before releasing it. At the moment it just seems half assed.

Reactions: SlayerA259
Jan 7, 2019
Weird thing to complain about “female protagonist hopping on dick...”
how is it weird i just want my choices to matter like i'm married and i get to choose if i can only sleep with my husband and only my husband. like every other female protagonist game out there that you end up hopping on every dick they see gets tiring after a while.

Vrijgeest

Engaged Member
Jun 16, 2019
Sorry but the renders are terrible. Never seen a car without doors and it must be difficult to get in and out.

Reactions: hr17

BitterFrost

Sep 28, 2017
There's no such thing as depravation. You can have depravity, which is one thing, or you can have deprivation which is another thing.

Feb 15, 2018
There's no such thing as depravation. You can have depravity, which is one thing, or you can have deprivation which is another thing.
depravation
[ˌdeprəˈvāSH(ə)n]

DEFINITION

1. noun form of

deprave
[dəˈprāv]

VERB

1. make (someone) immoral or wicked.
    "this book would deprave and corrupt young children"
    synonyms:
    · lead astray · · · · · · · make degenerate · · · · · · · ·

Svoben

Sep 19, 2017
Not great renders - lot of noise, and those faces on the dudes in the background of the subway scene? *shudder* Also, while it's all comprehensible it's clearly written by somebody for whom English is a second language. And there's no wizardry here, it's about 80mb worth of content in that 80mb download, which is to say, not much.

All that having been said, it's also definitely not plagiarism of AWAM, any moreso than the 27,000 games on this site where a guy moves back home to stay with his mom landlady and two sisters roommates are all plagiarizing each other.

Reactions: SlayerA259 and hr17
Jun 21, 2017
What is the difference between deprived and depraved?
To keep this pair straight, you'll in most cases be safe if you remember this: use deprived if something is being taken away or kept from someone; use depraved if you want to describe what is evil or just plain immoral.

strenif

Engaged Member
Aug 18, 2017
Renders could use some work but I like the set up.

Hoping for some mother/daughter scenes. With pregnancy being so obviously planned maybe the mom get take part in the daughter getting knocked up.

1.00 star(s) 2 Votes