berny

Jun 8, 2017
Just played the game again and realized something.
You barely use monologues. I can't stress enough how much I appreciate this. Many adult games heavily rely on monologues to describe the character's felling. Either because the developer lacks the skill to do so with other methods or because he doesn't trust the players enough to find out on their own. This is just my theory though, maybe there are other reasons, one of them being the fact that monologues are great filler material.
However, I'm a big fan of "show, don't tell" and reading the character's expression and behaviour is so much more interesting than reading endless inner monologues, especially when they are so overused as they are in many games.
Anyway, just a thought I had after playing the game. I'm curious what other people think about this.

Reactions: Kendra

Philly_Games

Game Developer
Sep 9, 2017
Thanks guys for the compliments, just got time to respond to the thread. As for @berny i don't think it was a decision i made consciously. It just kinda worked out that way, I figure its the player who should have the inner monologue. There is some but it is kept pretty light.

Reactions: hornyandevil

Gomly1980

Forum Fanatic
Jul 4, 2017
Thanks guys for the compliments, just got time to respond to the thread. As for @berny i don't think it was a decision i made consciously. It just kinda worked out that way, I figure its the player who should have the inner monologue. There is some but it is kept pretty light.
Except when you choose to make us feel awful like the first time I played and didn't go to help Mi do and shit happened. I was just about to reload because that was a damn terrible thing to happen to her when the MC decided to rub a bit of salt in that wound by saying he should have helped her .... then carried on pouring vinegar on that wound by saying how bad he felt for her which made me feel worse and that's led to me panic saving every 2 minutes in case something else shitty happened to her.

Which it did, of course.

Admit it, you hate us.

Reactions: hornyandevil

SpclGstStr

Aug 26, 2017
I was recommended this game today
And the only minor complaint I can give is that this game wasn't specifically tailored and designed to fulfill my specific wants over everyone else's by catering to my singular desire of never pulling out
At first I was wary. So many games have concepts that when I first look at them seem beyond the scope of what most devs here are truly capable of delivering on.
I have been blown away. I was hooked immediately and kept enthralled the whole way through. The decisions throughout actually feel like "Yes, that's what I want the MC to do/say". A tiny bit of worry would flutter into my mind each time I met a new character, but I was immediately reassured as each one actually had depth that I was interested in exploring
I failed once early on but ended up with a pretty good ending by simply trying to give natural responses and organically feel out the situations and have since played it through three more times this evening, each time finding even more interesting content
The private eye angle really works in this games favor as I would constantly be trying to delve deeper; wanting to know about the story and characters around me
I don't post often, I have used what few I have made to ask dumb questions in other threads before I learned to search them appropriately
But I wanted to make one now to deliberately let you know that you have made another fan out of this guy here
Sincerely. Thank you.

rodneyeatme

Jul 19, 2017
Is...is she wearing a tutu in the bath?

Also, Philly is completely addicted to the new wet skin effect he's learned.

Ennoch

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Oct 10, 2017
i know i cant help it! I may need help!
Nonono, no need to hurry with that! You can be cured but... the treatment takes time. I mean LOTS of time! No need to concern yourself with it, just trust in Heimskr.. oh, thats another game:coldsweat: So ehm.. just.. get those wet skins rolling :D

Ennoch

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Oct 10, 2017
Spicy? Who is she? Hollis' sister? I'm bad with names...

Ennoch

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Oct 10, 2017
But whats the name of Hollis' sister anyway :D
It's the outfit you can choose for Christina after the night you spend with her.You can choose between "Spicy" and "Sweet".
I see! Wellthen..
#TeamSpicy and you know it.
Go, #TeamSpicy, go!
*Preps his flamer because this fledgling little feeble of a heretical cult called teamsweet needs to be purged!* :p

Mar 1, 2018
Go, #TeamSpicy, go!
*Preps his flamer because this fledgling little feeble of a heretical cult called teamsweet needs to be purged!* :p
In fealty to the God-Emperor, our undying Lord, and by the grace of the Philly_Games, I declare Exterminatus upon this #TeamSpicy team. I hereby sign the death warrant of an entire follower base, and consign a million souls to oblivion. May Imperial Justice account in all balance. The Philly_Games Protects.

4.60 star(s) 416 Votes