str8up

Engaged Member
Jun 4, 2020
i cant wait for future updates going nuts lol so badly wanna knock up everyone LOL
hope in future updates when going to school or where ever that all the chicks i knocked showing their bellies haha
and prego sex FTW!!!!

daniqwe

Nov 15, 2019
If anyone else is as annoyed by the unnecessary "what to do" lines as I am and you have Notepad++ do this:
Open game/script.rpy
Search->Mark...
Check 'Bookmark line' box
Type "what to do" then click Mark all
Search->Bookmark->Remove Bookmarked Lines

Please dev I don't think anyone needs a message every single time they navigate just to lock the navigation again for 1 useless click.

daniqwe

Nov 15, 2019
And the random switching between navigation with dialogue (go inside school/leave/go to alley/shop) and with the bottom pictures is just confusing and bad design. Half the time I don't know where I am or how to quickly get where I want.
Until there's a map or something more visual, some grouping and ordering would do well to improve on that.
Like making the direction towards MC room 1st priority, going up or down a floor 2nd priority, places with more inside but on the same level (branches) 3rd and dead ends / rooms 4th in left to right order on the bottom nav row. That way you quickly know to always click leftmost and you can exit toward your room.
As an example the order in School 2nd Floor navigation row would be: 1-MC room(First Floor) 2-up(3rd Floor) 3,...-dead ends(rooms).
Outside school would be:1-MC room(The Center) 2-branch(First Floor) 3-dead end(Track).
The center: 1-MC room(Living room), 2-branch(School), 3,4,5-dead ends(Beach,Alley,Park)
Living room: 1-MC room(Your room), 2-branch(The Center), 3,4...-rooms
etc.
I know the current floor navigation is at the end of the row but the length of the row changing still adds to the confusion.

kxx

Aug 11, 2016
Nice job, dude. Just tried it out and it seems like something that could be great given enough time, the models are nice and the story is serviceable.
After playing with it for a bit, some of the things that I would suggest would be:

Finish stuff before actually putting it in the game, else it gives a really sloppy feel to it. It doesn't mean you shouldn't release anything until 1.0 is done, but some stuff like how the mom having all three events unlocked from the start, as long as you have enough power to do it, but nothing changing no matter which one you do (it doesn't unlock new positions, doesn't change her clothes/personality or even how she reacts to you in other events) gives off bad impressions to the player.

Try and make it so the characters have some sort of schedule (be it randomized or not) so you meet and interact with them at various places depending on day/time instead of always doing the same thing at a certain place and time, it's gonna take some work but it will pay off a lot in making the characters feel more like characters and less like a bunch of task lists (ex: so far I always sleeped at mornings so I could interact with either mom or Nanami and the I slept the rest of the day so I could repeat it on the next one, it just felt like I was completing some task list for a robot instead of interacting with some characters in a world).

Make it so you get some functional reward besides the eyecandy when you corrupt someone, be it with new positions or a way to get power without spending money (maybe you already did it and I just haven't met the character yet, if that's the case, ignore this point).

Explain what exactly the stat points do and how they should affect a character (ex: each 50 points or so into corruption you should see a change in the character's personality, if it doesn't happen the corruption score will be locked until you complete the other story-based pre-requisite), because after grinding a bit of love and corruption for the mom I just felt like I wasted my time, nothing seemed to change besides numbers going up. Right now it feels like the game has no actual mechanics and the numbers are just there for show.

Progression with Nanami and mom (the two characters that I tested so far) felt way too fast, I'm guessing it's probably intended that way, but slowing it down a bit might do some good in making their transformation feel more impactful.

Long events are nice, but having some shorter repeatable interactions would come a long way in making the game feel more alive while showing how far you corrupted the characters.

I think that's all I had to suggest, but anyway, good luck onthe project.
Here's hoping all goes well and also that more anal scenes are added to it in the future.

Koi_

Jul 21, 2017
bug fix makes it so the game wont actually start

```
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/script.rpy", line 403, in script
init python:
File "game/script.rpy", line 404, in <module>
config.keymap["game_menu"].remove("K_ESCAPE")
ValueError: list.remove(x): x not in list

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "game/script.rpy", line 403, in script
init python:
File "C:\Users\User\Desktop\WhatIfAdven\DepravedTown-v0.5-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 914, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "C:\Users\User\Desktop\WhatIfAdven\DepravedTown-v0.5-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2028, in py_exec_bytecode
exec bytecode in globals, locals
File "game/script.rpy", line 404, in <module>
File "C:\Users\User\Desktop\WhatIfAdven\DepravedTown-v0.5-pc\renpy\python.py", line 731, in do_mutation
return method(self, *args, **kwargs)
ValueError: list.remove(x): x not in list

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Depraved Town 0.5
Thu Oct 15 10:56:15 2020
```

masterdragonson

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2018
Same problem someone else had, try these one please:
Wouldn't that be a problem with the item meant for removal not being in the list to begin with?

Code:
    # Check if "K_ESCAPE" present in list item
    if "K_ESCAPE" in config.keymap["game_menu"]:

guest1111

Nov 8, 2019
good game but will there a better reference to pregnancy in the future like currently, you can only impregnate Nanami and after having sex and impregnating her, in later days you can have options like pregnant sex for example

3.00 star(s) 36 Votes