Thr3L

Aug 25, 2019
idk why but in the option when i try to put the game in full screen the game close :/

masterdragonson

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2018
I'm having the same problem with the game closing when i try to enter fullscreen. It has nothing to do with the incest patch
Well what system are you using?
Does this happen in the Main Menu or somewhere in the game?
Are you able to load a Save?

For returning users when the new version came out did you also overwrite the 'renpy' and 'lib' folders?

Can you try Shift+G to bring up a performance menu
We suggest trying OpenGL, DirectX, and Software, in that order.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Both Pressing the 'F' key and going into 'Menu > Preferences > Fullscreen' seem to work fine for me.
Tried from the Main Menu and from a loaded save.

Last edited:

C0untZ3Ro

Jul 13, 2020
Can confirm that the game closes without error when clicking on the Fullscreen option in Preferences. Also found that even though the game has crashed it still has the .exe running in the Task Manager.

EDIT: Confirm that neither the script patch and the Cheat/I mod are causing the crash.

Traceback below:

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
IOError: Couldn't find file 'gui/window_icon.png'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in script
python hide:
File "E:\downloads\DepravedTown-v0.6Final-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 914, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "E:\downloads\DepravedTown-v0.6Final-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2028, in py_exec_bytecode
exec bytecode in globals, locals
File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in <module>
python hide:
File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 35, in _execute_python_hide
ui.interact()
File "E:\downloads\DepravedTown-v0.6Final-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 297, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "E:\downloads\DepravedTown-v0.6Final-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2702, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
File "E:\downloads\DepravedTown-v0.6Final-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3160, in interact_core
self.set_mode()
File "E:\downloads\DepravedTown-v0.6Final-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2045, in set_mode
if draw.set_mode(virtual_size, physical_size, fullscreen):
File "gldraw.pyx", line 209, in renpy.gl.gldraw.GLDraw.set_mode
File "E:\downloads\DepravedTown-v0.6Final-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 1838, in post_init
self.set_icon()
File "E:\downloads\DepravedTown-v0.6Final-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 1869, in set_icon
renpy.loader.load(icon),
File "E:\downloads\DepravedTown-v0.6Final-pc\renpy\loader.py", line 576, in load
raise IOError("Couldn't find file '%s'." % name)

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Depraved Town 0.6Final
Sun Nov 29 06:08:53 2020

masterdragonson

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2018
Can confirm that the game closes without error when clicking on the Fullscreen option in Preferences. Also found that even though the game has crashed it still has the .exe running in the Task Manager.

EDIT: Confirm that neither the script patch and the Cheat/I mod are causing the crash.

Traceback below:

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in script
python hide:
File "E:\downloads\DepravedTown-v0.6Final-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 914, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "E:\downloads\DepravedTown-v0.6Final-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2028, in py_exec_bytecode
exec bytecode in globals, locals
File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in <module>
python hide:
File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 35, in _execute_python_hide
ui.interact()
File "E:\downloads\DepravedTown-v0.6Final-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 297, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "E:\downloads\DepravedTown-v0.6Final-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2702, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
File "E:\downloads\DepravedTown-v0.6Final-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3160, in interact_core
self.set_mode()
File "E:\downloads\DepravedTown-v0.6Final-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2045, in set_mode
if draw.set_mode(virtual_size, physical_size, fullscreen):
File "gldraw.pyx", line 209, in renpy.gl.gldraw.GLDraw.set_mode
File "E:\downloads\DepravedTown-v0.6Final-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 1838, in post_init
self.set_icon()
File "E:\downloads\DepravedTown-v0.6Final-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 1869, in set_icon
renpy.loader.load(icon),
File "E:\downloads\DepravedTown-v0.6Final-pc\renpy\loader.py", line 576, in load
raise IOError("Couldn't find file '%s'." % name)

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Depraved Town 0.6Final
Sun Nov 29 06:08:53 2020
Front Page Icon Error Fix
Or here is the old PNG Window Icon

C0untZ3Ro

Jul 13, 2020
Well what system are you using?
Does this happen in the Main Menu or somewhere in the game?
Are you able to load a Save?

For returning users when the new version came out did you also overwrite the 'renpy' and 'lib' folders?

Can you try Shift+G to bring up a performance menu

Both Pressing the 'F' key and going into 'Menu > Preferences > Fullscreen' seem to work fine for me.
Tried from the Main Menu and from a loaded save.
When trying to us the Software Render I get the following error when trying to launch the game. Game crashed out on the other two options when going to full screen mode.

Front Page Icon Error Fix
Or here is the old PNG Window Icon
That didn't work...

Since I changed Ren'py to use software Render the game is crashing straight away. Unable to launch the game at all to change it back. Have tried deleting the game and extracting again but still same error. Tried the launch the game by pressing the shift key and not working. Also tried deleting the game entry in the Renpy folder in C:\users\username\Appdata\Roaming\Renpy but not working either...

Last edited by a moderator:

masterdragonson

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2018
I'm having this error with the patch.

Looks like the Incest Patch is missing the declaration for 'phone_enabled'
script.rpy Line 92
Code:
default phone_enabled = True
The incest script also seems to be missing a few other things.

3.00 star(s) 36 Votes