danteworks

Developer of Depravity
Game Developer
Dec 3, 2018
The compression/image quality of some (quite a few actually) of the new renders in this update are absolutely atrocious. On the left is Amy from a previous update (qs148.webp) and on the right is from the latest (lo87.webp), where the face looks like it's crosshatched:
Is that my one or the compressed version of f95

Feb 13, 2021
Let's face it. Comments like these got kinda old and overused throughout the years, by various commenters. And here the same wording is used, without any additions or modfications so it looks and feels very plain and boring. Also there aren't even any non-standard phrases used in the comment. Come on commenter, this is such a poor attempt at complaining.

WTF do you want him to do? Change graphics mid-game?
Not only that but i actually quite like Honey Select still. Sure its a little outdated but i still think it look good!

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
So what was actually added? as far as i can tell just Amanda stuff...

A proper change log would be nice.
This is it, and all there is.

It features our favourite Amanda as the main character in this chapter.

Expect to see 45 new animations, over 1000 renders, and cameos of older characters too!

As a part of the release, both of the artbooks "The Art of Depravity" and "The Design of Depravity" will be included. They are books featuring art, character profiles, and behind the scenes of the game. It will be sent at the end of the month.
Expect to see 45 new animations, over 1000 renders...

The update will be centred around Amanda, but will include other characters too, like Nyx and Maya. This update will represent a much needed advancement of Amanda's depravity.

Shawnchapp

Modder
Feb 13, 2018
This is it, and all there is.
ya i read that... problem is looking at Nyx and Maya code/script or other characters have nothing added to it Lol so im wondering where it actually is Lol the only thing i can find is stuff added to Amanda's script Lol

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
ya i read that... problem is looking at Nyx and Maya code/script or other characters have nothing added to it Lol so im wondering where it actually is Lol the only thing i can find is stuff added to Amanda's script Lol
Not sure, as I've not got around to playing, was waiting on you :p

But, unless there is an issue, that's just what danteworks said, maybe can clarify some more what's actually included?

randomname42

May 30, 2017
Is that my one or the compressed version of f95
Should be original, the ~4GB release. Looking into it a bit closer, looks like the file sizes for images from the past two updates are all generally quite a bit smaller than previously (compared to 60v___.webp images), and the difference is extremely noticeable on skin textures, especially faces where it will subtly change due to angle and lighting. Here's another comparison, with am36.webp (from 0.62) on left and 60v156.webp (from 0.60) on the right. It's saved at 100% JPEG quality to minimize any quality loss from being re-saved, and the dithering around the cheekbone area is very noticeably worse on the left:

Depravity_IQ_Comparison_2.jpg

Reactions: SmokyMcBongface
3.90 star(s) 109 Votes