riddlebox1321

Dec 2, 2017
Found a bug in either the latest release and patch of descendants, or joiplay rpg plugin that fails to read genes line 20, regarding max stacks and nil amount on nil class upon new game generation. It makes new game impossible on Joiplay currently. Screenshot_20240106-150115_RPG Maker Plugin for JoiPlay.jpg

Eropixel

Game Developer
Dec 7, 2022
Found a bug in either the latest release and patch of descendants, or joiplay rpg plugin that fails to read genes line 20, regarding max stacks and nil amount on nil class upon new game generation. It makes new game impossible on Joiplay currently. View attachment 3239189
I will check it, but i'm not sure if it's caused by Joiplay or is really a bug.

Eropixel

Game Developer
Dec 7, 2022
certain genes like double attack, tiger stance, sex drain, charm do not actually give the corresponding skill you DO get the skill and keep it if you transform to the tf get corrupted then get purified allows you to keep that tfs skills
and skills like masochist, fast pregnancy, fast growth, lifespan+ etc dont actually do anything right now
It seems the changes I have done to the system have left outdated the genes heritage, I will have to change it to make it works.

BabyDragonV2

Jul 10, 2021
the itch.io game page says theres an error with your request not sure if its a me problem or what just thought i would mention it
EDIT just checked itch seems to be having issues rn since 1pm all over the place like switzerland

riddlebox1321

Dec 2, 2017
I will check it, but i'm not sure if it's caused by Joiplay or is really a bug.
As a troubleshooting measure I reinstalled the game in separate folder from scratch and not as an update. It generated a new game fine. I then applied the update, it worked fine. As a sanity check, I moved and replaced the files included in the game with the descendants rtp and recreated the error. It seems like the error was caused by the new update files being newer than the descendants rtp available for download; thus referencing what does not exist in the previous files. A mindless copy paste... :eyeroll:
If updating, replace the existing files with the new files included and then apply the patches. Do not replace with the rtp, as the files are behind the files included in the new release.

Last edited:

Eropixel

Game Developer
Dec 7, 2022
Patch updated.

v0.4.08

Changes:
-Changed some stuff of genes heritage system.
-Changed gene "Double Attack" to "Dual Attack".

Bugfix:
-Genes effects weren't working.

Eropixel

Game Developer
Dec 7, 2022
certain genes like double attack, tiger stance, sex drain, charm do not actually give the corresponding skill you DO get the skill and keep it if you transform to the tf get corrupted then get purified allows you to keep that tfs skills
and skills like masochist, fast pregnancy, fast growth, lifespan+ etc dont actually do anything right now
Should be fixed now, I will leave the previous patch just in case something else will cause problems with the changes done.

BabyDragonV2

Jul 10, 2021
i love the fact that the game decided to name him Goku of all things ive had sona from league of legends theres hegime which looks like hagime (name only i mean) from arifureta whats next lol
Screenshot (3).png
side note should we not be able to use items from storage or no since we cant right now. i mean shouldn't we be able to do that. just unsure if thats intended or not is all

Reactions: Eropixel

DaveHoff

Aug 7, 2018
So i got immortal gems for characters but because of that slot and I cant increase bag size with the bag item unless I switch it out back and forth which is kinda lame.

BabyDragonV2

Jul 10, 2021
So i got immortal gems for characters but because of that slot and I cant increase bag size with the bag item unless I switch it out back and forth which is kinda lame.
would you suggest we gain the ability to craft an immortality potion or something from the workshop later in the game? i think that would be an idea
(sry if that sounds sarcastic and rude thats not my intent)

BabyDragonV2

Jul 10, 2021
THERES A BEE POTION THE FUCK WHEN aside from that
how would i get the bunnygirl potion
side note i believe i got most if not all genes by generation 25
correction i know im missing 1 from werewolf but i dont really need it right now

Last edited:

BabyDragonV2

Jul 10, 2021
Should be fixed now, I will leave the previous patch just in case something else will cause problems with the changes done.
should've said this earlier but the genes sex drain and charm still do not give the corresponding skills (you get these from succubus tf or heritage) everything else works as far as i can tell might be an issue with these skills going in the sex category but I'm no coder so idk
Edit new patch update bugs: life drain is bugged doesn't do dmg or heal

Last edited:

Eropixel

Game Developer
Dec 7, 2022
THERES A BEE POTION THE FUCK WHEN aside from that
how would i get the bunnygirl potion
side note i believe i got most if not all genes by generation 25
correction i know im missing 1 from werewolf but i dont really need it right now
shouldve said this earlier but the genes sex drain and charm still do not give the corresponding skills (you get these from succubus tf or heritage) everything else works as far as i can tell might be an issue with these skills going in the sex catagory but im no coder so idk
Sex drain works in passive, you should gain mp when you use a sex skill, I will check charm.

BabyDragonV2

Jul 10, 2021
Sex drain works in passive, you should gain mp when you use a sex skill, I will check charm.
just checked you might want to check sex drain anyways as i saw no change in mp while in combat unless its out of combat regen but that seems kinda broken. ill keep looking for potential bugs. charm(maybe if its not charm its masochist) has a working passive where you get hit you gain mp but considering the name sounds wrong the description says sadist so might wanna update the gene descriptions
i really do enjoy your game so i hope it turns out the best way you want it too
makes me feel like a beta tester lol
i think ive explored every map looking for new genes (i saw high fertility in the code) and tf stuff but didnt find any IK they are there though anyone who uses joiplay can see it but i do wish we can have a toggle for a full map

Last edited:
Reactions: riddlebox1321

pedrolucario

Nov 29, 2017
I couldn't exit the beginning of the game, besides, is it impossible to have herm at the beginning of the game or do I need to do something specific to get it?

4.10 star(s) 8 Votes