Remembrance

Feb 1, 2020
Remembrance We have gone for an in between solution by not declaring things to be either one way or the other, which allows for both paths to coexist. In practice it already is how you propose it to be.

in other words, the model you propose, which we can find, with some differences, in ancient Sparta or in the Zulu under Shaka Zulu, is what inspired the whole Children of Zeta business, which does follow roughly your idea... the Vessels procreate with the purpose of breeding soldiers and workers both for the central authorities (the Palace, The Temple and the Army), and for those who cannot procreate themselves (elder couples, queer couples, single men and women and so on)...Children are recruited/assigned according to their inclination and/or the needs of the city.
Next to this, couples who can procreate and do so are free to either hand over their children to the Temple or to keep them and raise them themselves.
As a player, you are free to decide which way you would prefer things to have gone in the case of Zaton and Zahra.

If in your head-canon all children are passed through the Temple system and are Children of Zeta, that's fine and will probably not be contradicted explicitly in the lore. Potentially the argument can be made that children handed over to the Temple, can be, on request, reassigned to their natural birth parents. We will also not explicitly state that all children go through this process, allowing the player to make up their minds about it.
In other words, it's up to your preference. If incest skeeves you out, then go for the "they are Children of Zeta" route, if not, keep it as is....either way, Ain and Shani regard Zaton and Zahra as their parents, which kind of renders the whole "let's not make it actual blood incest" point a little moot.

As to why incest has become acceptable in this society... it has mostly to do with scarcity of alternatives, with how the few people who started to rebuild and who eventually built Zeta were forced into that or going extinct... we are handwaving the whole incest=genetic defects issue by (at least in my mind) having moved past that particular issue through advancements in medicine and genetic therapy well before the whole End of Days scenario came to be.
In other words, humanity had cured cancer, aids and whatnot else before the End of Days and, incidentally, brought humanity to an evolution point where also inbreeding would not be source of medical issues.... that, at least, is how I personally rationalise the handwave of this particular plothole. (it, combined with several centuries of survival of the fittest, also explains how come most people you see on screen have athletic builds).
It's not about incest. The main point was how the term & relation of daughter was turned on it's head (from blood related offspring to a more purely social concept.)

Also, social mutation makes much more sense than inbreeding not being a issue (as long as humans have dna, genetic pool will always matter, especially if you don't have access to gene editing tech)

Also, in a city there won't be scarecity of alternatives, especially if you can just kidnap people to fill out your gene pool.
And if there were really problems with availablity of mates, there are much more drastic systems than preserving the family unit & encouraging incest.

Sorry, I'm not trying to tear down your back story, it just doesn't make as much sense.
If you really want blood related incest itself to be accepted, maybe go with the whole unscientific handwaving as you said.
But if you only care about the MC & this daughters being related, my system makes more sense over all with no need for handwaving basic genetics.

Social development (restructuring) in extreme situations is very interesting & often a very important part of dystopia.

It can be open ended, I just like world building/ world setting & hence made a theory about how the situation could come out. Logically it fits the best I think.

Also, sure children can be willingly handed over, but in a dystopia, harsher rules make more sense, rather than trying to preserve the family unit & the love between parent & child.
The system is there to match based on suitability, not to pander to soft parents wanting their children with them.
That's how I'd imagine a dystopia anyway, rules & systems uncaring about compassion or moral outrage.

Anyway, if you like incest, I'd think breaking the law to get to his daughters back would be more romantic ¯\_ (ツ)_/¯

Personally I don't care about incest one waybor another. Thinking up a logically sound system & how it evolved from the modern social structure, without any unscientific hanwaving, is more interesting imo :giggle:

Last edited:

Cynicaladm

Oct 21, 2020
the change in sexual mores, the social mutation you speak of and the softening of taboos goes back to the early days of Zeta, when population was very small in numbers. Zeta wasn't always a city.... let's just say there are parts of the backstory of the city itself that are yet to be explored and presented.
Things will make a little more sense then, if I do things right.
That said, even now, incest is not, in fact, encouraged specifically in any way... it's just not a big deal if it should happen. We are describing a highly sexualised society where there are people who will bang anything that moves, family or not, and people who are less so inclined, but on the whole, there is a freedom about the topic that just allows for all manner of configurations.

That aside, families are still families, by blood or otherwise, and there's no reason to do away with them altogether. If there's enough resources to go around, a couple should be able to provide for and keep their children. human relationships and affections, and biological imperatives, should still count for something.
anyway, that's me rambling...

Is there still going to be a fair bit of handwaving necessary? Yes.. but then, the Zones themselves aren't really grounded on solid science either, and they are integral to the setting, so that's just something we have to live with. We are also not going to try and define every little aspect of how society evolved to where it's at, both to leave a little mystery and because there's only a fraction of the players that would actually appreciate the effort... and finally, because the more in detail you go, the more you end up having to explain, and the more you risk contradicting yourself.
In short, we want to keep certain things a little open ended.

That said, we are not really that far separated in what we're saying... on the whole, the rules are strict and there are systems in place to distribute the population where needed. It's already there..and I believe I wrote as much in the library entry for the Temple and the Priestesses and the Children of Zeta. (though I don't have it in front of me right now, so...)

Then there's individual cases that may follow those rules or not... specifically, the MC is part of the 1% in Zeta.. he has much more leeway to do whatever he wants because he's rich, has status, is connected and has individual strength to back it up.
Even in a dystopia, we are now several centuries after the moment in which society was rebooted, people's relationships and levels of resources are on a sliding scale... and it does make sense for certain dynamics to reintroduce themselves, over time, where possible.

DarkDank

Oct 26, 2019
View attachment 2104616

Hey again! We have started integrating the new scenes in the game (coding/music/etc.) while the remaining parts are rendering. More than 40 animations have been rendered so far (both NSFW and story ones) and I am actually considering to get a third rendering PC to get all the pre-posed scenes rendered quicker if that remains a bottleneck in the future.

I think we're getting closer to the release, and the current plan is for the Beta to be out in the first week of November. Maybe it can come out sooner, around Halloween, but it's a bit unlikely still.

Oh, and yes, I said last week I was considering an additional scene. And we think it's about time Zahra has a nightly talk with the MC about everything that's happened.... in a sexy dress.

Render progress:
Ivy's scene: 100%
Shani's mission pt.2: 90%
Kitty's scene: 90%
Kateryna's scene: 90%
Zahra's sleepover: 90%
Zahra's scene: 20%

Reworks:
d1e (Zahra's introduction): 50%
(More to follow...)
Looks so great. Can't wait.
Wonder if/when we'll get wife, MC and niece scene...or maybe add wife's sister to the mix...but that would be an orgy at that point I guess, so a ways off still.
Some form of depravity though. Either adult sister bonding, or niece with her uncle and aunt bonding...

Also, when Shani gets back, having her more active in the harem scenes other than just pushing down Ain's head...perhaps Shani pushing Ain's head down into her own crotch? :devilish: She uses her sister just like her father, since she's a Stalker now too.

the3m_dude

Feb 22, 2021
View attachment 2104616

Hey again! We have started integrating the new scenes in the game (coding/music/etc.) while the remaining parts are rendering. More than 40 animations have been rendered so far (both NSFW and story ones) and I am actually considering to get a third rendering PC to get all the pre-posed scenes rendered quicker if that remains a bottleneck in the future.

I think we're getting closer to the release, and the current plan is for the Beta to be out in the first week of November. Maybe it can come out sooner, around Halloween, but it's a bit unlikely still.

Oh, and yes, I said last week I was considering an additional scene. And we think it's about time Zahra has a nightly talk with the MC about everything that's happened.... in a sexy dress.

Render progress:
Ivy's scene: 100%
Shani's mission pt.2: 90%
Kitty's scene: 90%
Kateryna's scene: 90%
Zahra's sleepover: 90%
Zahra's scene: 20%

Reworks:
d1e (Zahra's introduction): 50%
(More to follow...)
Zahra is just so goddamn beautiful bruh i love her

Remembrance

Feb 1, 2020
the change in sexual mores, the social mutation you speak of and the softening of taboos goes back to the early days of Zeta, when population was very small in numbers. Zeta wasn't always a city.... let's just say there are parts of the backstory of the city itself that are yet to be explored and presented.
Things will make a little more sense then, if I do things right.
That said, even now, incest is not, in fact, encouraged specifically in any way... it's just not a big deal if it should happen. We are describing a highly sexualised society where there are people who will bang anything that moves, family or not, and people who are less so inclined, but on the whole, there is a freedom about the topic that just allows for all manner of configurations.

That aside, families are still families, by blood or otherwise, and there's no reason to do away with them altogether. If there's enough resources to go around, a couple should be able to provide for and keep their children. human relationships and affections, and biological imperatives, should still count for something.
anyway, that's me rambling...

Is there still going to be a fair bit of handwaving necessary? Yes.. but then, the Zones themselves aren't really grounded on solid science either, and they are integral to the setting, so that's just something we have to live with. We are also not going to try and define every little aspect of how society evolved to where it's at, both to leave a little mystery and because there's only a fraction of the players that would actually appreciate the effort... and finally, because the more in detail you go, the more you end up having to explain, and the more you risk contradicting yourself.
In short, we want to keep certain things a little open ended.

That said, we are not really that far separated in what we're saying... on the whole, the rules are strict and there are systems in place to distribute the population where needed. It's already there..and I believe I wrote as much in the library entry for the Temple and the Priestesses and the Children of Zeta. (though I don't have it in front of me right now, so...)

Then there's individual cases that may follow those rules or not... specifically, the MC is part of the 1% in Zeta.. he has much more leeway to do whatever he wants because he's rich, has status, is connected and has individual strength to back it up.
Even in a dystopia, we are now several centuries after the moment in which society was rebooted, people's relationships and levels of resources are on a sliding scale... and it does make sense for certain dynamics to reintroduce themselves, over time, where possible.
Fck, I wrote so much then my browser crashed. :ROFLMAO:

In short, better to embrace the handwaving, if it is possible to openly raise your own children, even for the 1%, as the temple not strictly collecting all the children at birth could cause the system to collapse in many ways.

So while the MC taking back his children at the apprentice age, or having a compromise with the temple where he can be involved in raising them in the temple is okay, openly keeping them & raising them from birth would probably not be allowed by the temple, either for the 1% or 99%. Otherwise it can very easily lead to collapse of the 'daughters' social structure.

Wish I could rewrite everything, but my hands are paining(that's how much it was:cry:)

I enjoyed this interaction though. Tag me if you ever want to discuss social structure or world building (y)

Reactions: Cynicaladm

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016

In short, better to embrace the handwaving, if it is possible to openly raise your own children, even for the 1%, as the temple not strictly collecting all the children at birth could cause the system to collapse in many ways.

So while the MC taking back his children at the apprentice age, or having a compromise with the temple where he can be involved in raising them in the temple is okay, openly keeping them & raising them from birth would probably not be allowed by the temple, either for the 1% or 99%. Otherwise it can very easily lead to collapse of the 'daughters' social structure.

Wish I could rewrite everything, but my hands are paining(that's how much it was:cry:)

I enjoyed this interaction though. Tag me if you ever want to discuss social structure or world building (y)
It's fantasy and some people love incest in these games period.
If the Apocalypse happens like in DS world humanity would be doomed. Not big enough gene pool to sustain population growth. Maybe some players aren't aware of this, but real life incest is the end of the line for reproduction. So enjoy your retarded children :ROFLMAO:

Cynicaladm

Oct 21, 2020

A little bit of backstory is in order, to explain how we got here in the first place.
Z made the Vessel character as a cameo/one off appearance within the scene dedicated to Kateryna. The purpose was to plant the seed for potential pregnancy or at least an interest in Kateryna towards that, whether as a fetish or a desire for maternity remains to be seen.
Trying to explain the interaction and give it a deeper context, I came up with the whole Temple, Priestess, Vessel institution, that until that moment had not existed in the lore of Zeta, pretty much on the spot. We came to determine how such an institution could play an important role and potentially explain away a few demographic issues that developing Zeta in a region with limited natural resources and enemies on every side would pose. (Rather than fixing the issues, what it does is give an extra element to the few players who nerd out on these things, to balance the scales in their own head canon).
The intention was never to rewrite the entirety of the social model of the city even though it ended up doing that at least partially.
Even so, this scene and the subsequent content came several releases into the game, when the concept of more or less traditionally structured families was already established, especially so in the case of the MC 's domestic situation, which itself represents about half of the content of the game.
Had we thought of the Temple before starting the game, we might have tackled the whole thing differently. But I'm fairly happy even with this solution.
Rewriting the entirety of what was done by then, just want feasible and would have altered the vibe of the conversations at home significantly, a vibe we put some effort into creating, with an eye on credible interactions infused with sexy bdsm overtones.

So we are sticking to the handwaving and to leaving things open enough for every player to make up their own mind about how the finer details of Zetan society are defined and how they impact the gaming experience... And whether Ain and Shani spent their childhood at the temple or at home in your playthrough is entirely up to your imagination. As is, what lore is established supports both possibilities and I doubt we will ever delve into that part of their lives.

Last edited:

Remembrance

Feb 1, 2020
It's fantasy and some people love incest in these games period.
If the Apocalypse happens like in DS world humanity would be doomed. Not big enough gene pool to sustain population growth. Maybe some players aren't aware of this, but real life incest is the end of the line for reproduction. So enjoy your retarded children :ROFLMAO:
I don't even care about incest lol. I'm more interested in the social structure. But yeah, genetic damage is one of the variables in how incest would affect the social structure.

Remembrance

Feb 1, 2020
A little bit of backstory is in order, to explain how we got here in the first place.
Z made the Vessel character as a cameo/one off appearance within the scene dedicated to Kateryna. The purpose was to plant the seed for potential pregnancy or at least an interest in Kateryna towards that, whether as a fetish or a desire for maternity remains to be seen.
Trying to explain the interaction and give it a deeper context, I came up with the whole Temple, Priestess, Vessel institution, that until that moment had not existed in the lore of Zeta, pretty much on the spot. We came to determine how such an institution could play an important role and potentially explain away a few demographic issues that developing Zeta in a region with limited natural resources and enemies on every side would pose. (Rather than fixing the issues, what it does is give an extra element to the few players who nerd out on these things, to balance the scales in their own head canon).
The intention was never to rewrite the entirety of the social model of the city even though it ended up doing that at least partially.
Even so, this scene and the subsequent content came several releases into the game, when the concept of more or less traditionally structured families was already established, especially so in the case of the MC 's domestic situation, which itself represents about half of the content of the game.
Had we thought of the Temple before starting the game, we might have tackled the whole thing differently. But I'm fairly happy even with this solution.
Rewriting the entirety of what was done by then, just want feasible and would have altered the vibe of the conversations at home significantly, a vibe we put some effort into creating, with an eye on credible interactions infused with sexy bdsm overtones.

So we are sticking to the handwaving and to leaving things open enough for every player to make up their own mind about how the finer details of Zetan society are defined and how they impact the gaming experience... And whether Ain and Shani spent their childhood at the temple or at home in your playthrough is entirely up to your imagination. As is, what lore is established supports both possibilities and I doubt we will ever delve into that part of their lives.
Yeah, no problem. I just like stimulating the social situations. The 1st post was just my theory crafting on the social structure in the game & possibilities off of that.
I never mean to suggest any change or rewriting was necessary. Sorry if it felt that way.
Like you say, there's enough room to fill out the backstory & social situations while you guys have a flexible social structure to support it. That's nicely done.

1 suggestion tho, had already written it before the browser crash: Be careful after the pregancy(if implemented). As, if the player gets an easy choice about the child, the lore would skew in one direction. And establishing that MC can openly keep & raise children would just play in my mind as not possible, temple cannot allow that if they want to preserve the current society. (Maybe I'll rewrite & post the problems if I get time later.)

So my suggestion is to introduce a little conflict: The temple wants the child (without going into details about the social rules, just say that they want "MC's offspring should be properly raised by them")
Then MC can:
Agree (give away child choice);
Compromise - Church takes child but MC & family have visitation rights & can sometimes bring the child home (should give most flexibility in terms of using the child in the plot. Available when you want, with the temple when you want)

I'd want to stop there, but thanks to handwaving, 3rd choice:
MC remains stubborn & finally the temple retreats after warning, "don't take this as weaknes & tell everyone about this" implying not to be public about the child, keeping it vague & blurred whether MC has to keep the child a secret from the public (you can probably show important characters as not public eye to get around that)
This way maybe you can even tie temple plot into it.

It's just not possible for incest to be accepted in a society where people raise their children from birth. Raising from birth would form attachment in most people & they'd find incest sick & in the end only one social norm could remain.

Rather than genetics, it'd be a emotional & social issue, where like 90% would form attachments to their young child & that'd effect their perception of children, even when they grow up & they'd find anyone who sexualized that sick.

So yeah, keep handwaving while blurring the rules as flexible as possible if it ever comes to raising a child in the game (y)

Had we thought of the Temple before starting the game, we might have tackled the whole thing differently.
Now that's an interesting what-if. Do chat about it if you have any free time. It'd be fun to talk of the society & world setting without having the constraints of the game.

I played this quite sometime ago. Only posted now due to free time. Will probably only play after quite a few updates. So, I don't really care that much about the game itself, but the alternate family definitions just seem so nicely done...

PS: Don't get me wrong, the game is pretty nice. Visually & conceptually. Without a well made game, I wouldn't have played enough to see the society. And the blurred rules & social settings were very well done to give player freedom.
My posts have mostly been about discussing the possible social structure of the city, not related to the game itself. The game is pretty nice & no rewriting is necessary & keep up with the flexible backstory. It's very nicely done. <- this was about the game.

Reactions: Cynicaladm

JohnF95zone

Engaged Member
Oct 31, 2017
Yeah, no problem. I just like stimulating the social situations. The 1st post was just my theory crafting on the social structure in the game & possibilities off of that.
I never mean to suggest any change or rewriting was necessary. Sorry if it felt that way.
Like you say, there's enough room to fill out the backstory & social situations while you guys have a flexible social structure to support it. That's nicely done.

1 suggestion tho, had already written it before the browser crash: Be careful after the pregancy(if implemented). As, if the player gets an easy choice about the child, the lore would skew in one direction. And establishing that MC can openly keep & raise children would just play in my mind as not possible, temple cannot allow that if they want to preserve the current society. (Maybe I'll rewrite & post the problems if I get time later.)

So my suggestion is to introduce a little conflict: The temple wants the child (without going into details about the social rules, just say that they want "MC's offspring should be properly raised by them")
Then MC can:
Agree (give away child choice);
Compromise - Church takes child but MC & family have visitation rights & can sometimes bring the child home (should give most flexibility in terms of using the child in the plot. Available when you want, with the temple when you want)

I'd want to stop there, but thanks to handwaving, 3rd choice:
MC remains stubborn & finally the temple retreats after warning, "don't take this as weaknes & tell everyone about this" implying not to be public about the child, keeping it vague & blurred whether MC has to keep the child a secret from the public (you can probably show important characters as not public eye to get around that)
This way maybe you can even tie temple plot into it.

It's just not possible for incest to be accepted in a society where people raise their children from birth. Raising from birth would form attachment in most people & they'd find incest sick & in the end only one social norm could remain.

Rather than genetics, it'd be a emotional & social issue, where like 90% would form attachments to their young child & that'd effect their perception of children, even when they grow up & they'd find anyone who sexualized that sick.

So yeah, keep handwaving while blurring the rules as flexible as possible if it ever comes to raising a child in the game (y)

Now that's an interesting what-if. Do chat about it if you have any free time. It'd be fun to talk of the society & world setting without having the constraints of the game.

I played this quite sometime ago. Only posted now due to free time. Will probably only play after quite a few updates. So, I don't really care that much about the game itself, but the alternate family definitions just seem so nicely done...

PS: Don't get me wrong, the game is pretty nice. Visually & conceptually. Without a well made game, I wouldn't have played enough to see the society. And the blurred rules & social settings were very well done to give player freedom.
My posts have mostly been about discussing the possible social structure of the city, not related to the game itself. The game is pretty nice & no rewriting is necessary & keep up with the flexible backstory. It's very nicely done. <- this was about the game.
Dude, you could potentially write your own fantasy world building with the complex/expanded social structure narrative/story, then partner up with capable programmer(s) and graphic/3D artist(s) and make that into a game (preferrable VN or other type is good too). That is much better I believe since others not only can experience and see but ultimately enjoy the game, you and your team potentially can get financial support from fans.

Definitely much better than reading boring ass 1000+ words on an online forum, in which I almost put you on ignore list :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: Mograx

Yngling

Nov 15, 2020
How so? There were quite a few societies which practiced sacred prostitution, where men would sleep with temple prostitutes (e.g. to worship Astarte or another fertility godess). However these societies still also had nuclear families.

There were also societies in which incest was either not forbidden or actually encouraged (admittedly, most known examples involve royals or high nobility).

Then there have, over the course of human history, existed a great number of civilizations of which we have absolutely no idea about their sexual norms and morals, even if we today actually know that civilization even existed!

You are partially correct in that continued inbreeding with close family members is very bad genetically speaking.

However I think you overestimate the amount of people needed to keep a gene pool more or less functioning.

Again, in the course of history, there have existed many villages (or even entire countries, like Iceland or Greenland) of maybe a couple hundred indviduals living at the same time. Some of these villages were so isolated that they also mostly married inside the village. And I would even say that, within such villages, there existed certain social classes and people would even try to marry within their social class (e.g. farmers marrying farmers and labourers marrying labourers) thus even further limiting the gene pool. Of course, sometimes a stranger would wander in and provide some much needed fresh blood, but still. Such villages also survived and thrived for centuries.

Ideal? Probably not, but still viable.

Reactions: selberdreher

Carefree247

May 24, 2019
Cynicaladm
1666050666266.png

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I gotta ask about her man, will we see more of the hive plot since they are an anomaly to the mutant plot and possibly a future threat/power to be wary of ? I can see them needing seasonal culling as well as a source for sending prisoners or possible gladiatorial beast

I liked her soo much both for her dangerous beauty and the mystery she posed(mostly the beauty atm her scene was cheap imo I need more !),on that note why do some scenes she doesn't look as plum but some scenes she does , same for the daughter

imadumb

Dev of Rikugun Shikan Gakkõ
Game Developer
Aug 25, 2022
1666059532839.png
"Crawl out through the fallout, baby
When they drop that bomb
Crawl out through the fallout
With the greatest of aplomb
When your white count's getting higher
Hurry, don't delay
I'll hold you close and kiss those
Radiation burns away "

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
How so? There were quite a few societies which practiced sacred prostitution, where men would sleep with temple prostitutes (e.g. to worship Astarte or another fertility godess). However these societies still also had nuclear families.

There were also societies in which incest was either not forbidden or actually encouraged (admittedly, most known examples involve royals or high nobility).

Then there have, over the course of human history, existed a great number of civilizations of which we have absolutely no idea about their sexual norms and morals, even if we today actually know that civilization even existed!

You are partially correct in that continued inbreeding with close family members is very bad genetically speaking.

However I think you overestimate the amount of people needed to keep a gene pool more or less functioning.

Again, in the course of history, there have existed many villages (or even entire countries, like Iceland or Greenland) of maybe a couple hundred indviduals living at the same time. Some of these villages were so isolated that they also mostly married inside the village. And I would even say that, within such villages, there existed certain social classes and people would even try to marry within their social class (e.g. farmers marrying farmers and labourers marrying labourers) thus even further limiting the gene pool. Of course, sometimes a stranger would wander in and provide some much needed fresh blood, but still. Such villages also survived and thrived for centuries.

Ideal? Probably not, but still viable.
It's hard to say because nobody is gonna make a study about how many people you need to sustain growth without fatal mutations-infertility. What we know is that european noble houses ended being full of genetic disorders due to inbreeding in a small gene pool during the Middle Ages. Today there are studies about what incest is doing to muslims at a bigger scale.

But like I said before, this is a game and fantasy happens.

Reactions: Yngling
4.80 star(s) 584 Votes