Machete

Engaged Member
Apr 7, 2020
im not seeing this icon, but also not seeing any way to progress further
sometimes you just need to advance your day a few times and some event you still haven't played triggers

But i see that you did. Check if the quest are all in a state of 'to be continued' and if you inspected the mission books both at the mutants and the raiders. Also, roam your house. Maybe you missed some harem teamup.

Machete

Engaged Member
Apr 7, 2020
At a glance, you have Your Majesty quest pending but it doesn't seem possible to continue. It should be closed by now. And you don't have the mutant base accessible.

I would say you screwed up some trigger and missed a lot of content.

If helping the mutants is optional, i'm not so sure about the queen's quest and maybe the quest checker doesn't work well in your playtest. You may want to bug report to Zetan.

boy1208

Apr 17, 2023
At a glance, you have Your Majesty quest pending but it doesn't seem possible to continue. It should be closed by now. And you don't have the mutant base accessible.

I would say you screwed up some trigger and missed a lot of content.

If helping the mutants is optional, i'm not so sure about the queen's quest and maybe the quest checker doesn't work well in your playtest. You may want to bug report to Zetan.
so what do i do now, how can i fix this without starting over?

hanumania

Jul 12, 2023
I enjoyed this one quite a lot. I get a lot of Fallout, Skyrim, Assassins' Creed, Last of Us & Dragon Age Origins vibes from it.

MY ONLY CON
1. A lot of the weapons look straight out of a fantasy movie or game. Why not just a long sword? Also the Egyptian Khopesh would fit in this world.

Congrats on the game and I wish you much success. Keep up the good work
Kopeshes are thematically relevant since it's Egypt and everything, but there would be no reason, I think, for them to be developed in a post-apoc setting for that reason alone. They emerged as part of a highly ritualistic culture, before the basics of military tactics had really been developed. Looked at objectively they are quite a silly weapon. Certainly better than nothing, but when you have steel and modern smelting technologies to work with you're better off with a rapier sort of weapon, or just a plain old spear.

ThorinKing

Engaged Member
Feb 16, 2023
Kopeshes are thematically relevant since it's Egypt and everything, but there would be no reason, I think, for them to be developed in a post-apoc setting for that reason alone. They emerged as part of a highly ritualistic culture, before the basics of military tactics had really been developed. Looked at objectively they are quite a silly weapon. Certainly better than nothing, but when you have steel and modern smelting technologies to work with you're better off with a rapier sort of weapon, or just a plain old spear.
Also keep in mind that they were made of bronze and that form allowed them to be more robust than a straight blade of similar length - at least according to historians and bronze weapon makers I've read on my historic weapons forums.

Reactions: xapican and Xythurr

hanumania

Jul 12, 2023
Also keep in mind that they were made of bronze and that form allowed them to be more robust than a straight blade of similar length - at least according to historians and bronze weapon makers I've read on my historic weapons forums.
Glad to see more folks coming around to bronze. We've all been taught from early childhood and computer games and such that bronze was replaced by iron because it wasn't as "good." Minecraft isn't helping matters much. :p

In reality it was due to it being harder to acquire. Bronze was even cheaper to make as you needed less fuel and less skill to forge things out of it.

In almost all ways bronze was better than iron until the introduction of steel to the West... Wootz steel had been made in South India since at least the time of Alexander, but yeah.... Bronze was great. Totally off topic. Sorry.

harem.king

Engaged Member
Aug 16, 2023
Short Poll
If you can select a new fetish never implemented in Desert Stalker to be added, which you choose ? React with your choice

(y) - Loli/ shota (12 votes)
❤- NTR (6 votes)
:unsure: - Futa(5 votes)
:ROFLMAO:- Hardcore BDSM (4 votes)
:love:- Bestiality / monster (2 votes)
:(- transformation/ bimbofication (1 vote)
:mad: - exhibitionism (1 vote)
:oops:- other (quote with the answer) (1 Vote for ???)
You forgot a "none" option.

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
Still, it's softer than iron and steel, so doesn't hold a fine edge as well, and will deform much more easily when it contacts bone, other metal, etc. On the plus side, it's less brittle than iron and early steels so it is less likely to chip or shatter. Iron and steel can and do lose their edge and can deform/chip against a hard target, but they are better at retaining their edge overall. And it was more that iron became easier to acquire and smelting technology improved - it requires much higher temperatures to both smelt and work. Bronze continued, but became more for ornamental use than weapons' use once we were firmly into the "iron age". Don't often see folks outside of my weapons forums that talk about wootz. Also, please, whatever you do: don't call pattern welded steel "Damascus": it's one of the oldest marketing lies still in active use. :ROFLMAO:
Oh thank's and I was wondering if my Indonesian Kris (Keris) was from "Damscus" :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
(Nahh it is original from Indonesia was brought from there almost a century ago by my uncle)

hanumania

Jul 12, 2023
Yes, one has to get into details about metallurgy to understand why bronze is better... Yes, it doesn't make longer blades than iron, but is certainly not softer, where softer is a rather abstract term-- softer how? Iron is more brittle, it loses its edge more quickly, but can be cast into longer blades, because of how long it remains hot and other [science]... Anyways, one need only look at contemporary uses of bronze or brass and understand why they are still used to get a sense of why bronze is great.

For example,why giant boat propellers are made of bronze, not steel (steel would shatter/warp and rust far more easily and so on)...

Ok... Enough. I apologize for derailing this thread. hehe

lkhundar

Apr 3, 2020
Desert Stalker [v0.15]
Video enhancement mod

This mod improves the overall quality of the game's animations.
It overwrites the native 30fps animations of the game with interpolated 60fps animations.

how ? Thanks to deep-learning processes, trained predictive models can interpolate one "fake" frame next to each native frame.

The result gives a smooth effect on each animations.

I also applied a Denoise/Deblock filter. Some lost details can even be recovered in certain scenes

Download links (303 animations) : Mega ;

I didn't inspect each animation in depth , so feel free to report any flaws you find (bugs, video artifacts...)

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

How do you install this on Mac?

4.80 star(s) 578 Votes