lucky65

Aug 15, 2018
No mod used, deleted all saves (thanks xapican), and I didn't try to rename MC. But that was the first time the error occured.

While running game code:

File "game/scripts/day1.rpy", line 1105, in script

$ renpy.save_persistent()

File "game/scripts/day1.rpy", line 1105, in <module>

WindowsError: [Error 2] The system cannot find the file specified: u'C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Games\\1A1\\DesertStalker-0.13c-pc\\game\\saves\\persistent'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:

File "game/scripts/day1.rpy", line 1105, in script

File "renpy/ast.py", line 1131, in execute

renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)

File "renpy/python.py", line 1061, in py_exec_bytecode

exec(bytecode, globals, locals)

File "game/scripts/day1.rpy", line 1105, in <module>

File "renpy/exports.py", line 3575, in save_persistent

renpy.persistent.update(True)

File "renpy/persistent.py", line 397, in update

save()

File "renpy/persistent.py", line 413, in save

renpy.loadsave.location.save_persistent(data)

File "renpy/savelocation.py", line 494, in save_persistent

l.save_persistent(data)

File "renpy/savelocation.py", line 352, in save_persistent

self.persistent_mtime = os.path.getmtime(fn)

File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/genericpath.py", line 62, in getmtime

WindowsError: [Error 2] The system cannot find the file specified: u'C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Games\\1A1\\DesertStalker-0.13c-pc\\game\\saves\\persistent'

Windows-10-10.0.22621 AMD64

Ren'Py 7.5.3.22090809

Desert Stalker 0.13c

Sat Jul 22 16:37:05 2023
Well not sure but developer or modder may be more help with that issue. Seems to be corrupt script file possibly.

Paz

Aug 9, 2016
No mod used, deleted all saves (thanks xapican), and I didn't try to rename MC. But that was the first time the error occured.

While running game code:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
If the file is indeed there, it might be some odd permission issue. I would suggest moving the game to another drive (or at least out of Program Files) and retry, or try to Run as admin.
It's the first time some reported an error of this kind, so not exactly sure what the actual cause could be.

Reactions: xapican

tranxx4

Oct 28, 2021
If the file is indeed there, it might be some odd permission issue. I would suggest moving the game to another drive (or at least out of Program Files) and retry, or try to Run as admin.
It's the first time some reported an error of this kind, so not exactly sure what the actual cause could be.
That's what I was going to say. I've had games refuse to work because I installed them in a weird spot and permissions were denied. Never knew that the desktop had specific permissions disabled until I tried to run a specific game from my NSFW folder located on the desktop.

Kellermann

Engaged Member
Oct 20, 2020
Well, first time I've stumbled across a game of this caliber in a long time. I feel like it may be also a long time before updates :( One game actually worth reading all the text.
DS has one of the shortest release times of the top rated games on F95 (generally around 3-4 months or so) and has been doing it consistently for several years. You are not going to find many that beat it.

omegashrn

Jul 26, 2017
Need moar nao!

Love the game, can't wait until we get further along. Actually enjoying the story of this one.

der123fer

Donor
Aug 8, 2020
Dev log 23.07.2023
d14a-39.jpg d14c-4.jpg

Hey all, I'm making decent progress all over the place. The Decayed are getting a bit more sinister vibe and Kateryna's peach is getting more exposure, just the way it should be. Next week I should have some news regarding the Raider settlement, I have something small but neat in mind for that in 0.14.
I am currently preparing to move into a different apartment -which has been long overdue-, so the progress numbers are not rising as much as I would like, but I am trying my best. Thank you as always for the patience!

Render progress:
Visiting Abrax: 30%
Kateryna's homecoming: 30%
Visiting Asani: 10%
Queen scenes: 25%
Home interactions: 0%

muschi26

Engaged Member
Jun 22, 2019
can someone remind me where or who is asani?I seem to have forgotten.Havent played it in a while
The black raider girl who’s with Asha and that other dude you kill at the start of the game. The one who goes off to live in the middle of nowhere and gives you the car later on.

wildride69

Jan 5, 2023
Well, first time I've stumbled across a game of this caliber in a long time. I feel like it may be also a long time before updates :( One game actually worth reading all the text.
100% Agree great renders, great story that is actually intriguing. I love this game. I'm even skipping update to playing this every 2 updates instead of 1 just so I can experience the content in a more immersive way.

Cheers

HarryJSON

Apr 7, 2023
Dev log 23.07.2023
View attachment 2793924 View attachment 2793925

Hey all, I'm making decent progress all over the place. The Decayed are getting a bit more sinister vibe and Kateryna's peach is getting more exposure, just the way it should be. Next week I should have some news regarding the Raider settlement, I have something small but neat in mind for that in 0.14.
I am currently preparing to move into a different apartment -which has been long overdue-, so the progress numbers are not rising as much as I would like, but I am trying my best. Thank you as always for the patience!

Render progress:
Visiting Abrax: 30%
Kateryna's homecoming: 30%
Visiting Asani: 10%
Queen scenes: 25%
Home interactions: 0%
I am interested to see what will be the new dynamic in the house now that Kateryna has joined the household. The previous ones were either slaves or captives but she is like a family member so it will be interesting to see the relationship between her and Ain now that Kat is the youngest one and knowing Ain she is bound to get jealous so there is a chance of them competing for Zaton's attention.

1800 Mr. Tourture

Jun 10, 2017
I am interested to see what will be the new dynamic in the house now that Kateryna has joined the household. The previous ones were either slaves or captives but she is like a family member so it will be interesting to see the relationship between her and Ain now that Kat is the youngest one and knowing Ain she is bound to get jealous so there is a chance of them competing for Zaton's attention.
Speaking of jealousy don't forget ashana (dark hair raider twin, might have got the name wrong) and kitty. Considering the note said Queen stuff, Kat stuff, and Raider town stuff, Jealousy might be the theme of next update

Cricco

May 5, 2021
It's amazing how in this game women catch hands left and right. Which hollup FBI but also as an evolved bonobo who won't start beating his woman because mad max didn't go m'lady for every other lady, this rare kind of unapologetic violence is crazy fun. Been taking every chance to do it and better believe i'll uppercut the queen soon as i can :KEK:

4.80 star(s) 591 Votes