xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
I`m wondering if cutscenes do count as animations ? :unsure: If not what is the difference ? and are the sex scenes animated in this game ??

dbain

Apr 23, 2023
I`m wondering if cutscenes do count as animations ? :unsure: If not what is the difference ? and are the sex scenes animated in this game ??
Well, not all but some cutscenes are "animated", in a way, by layering and interpolating different images to create the illusion of fluid movement. Then there are cutscenes that are just still pictures that count as cutscenes too. And to answer your question, yeah, most of the sex and other cutscenes in this game are animated like that.

Reactions: xapican

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
"Cutscenes" are the bits where you don't advance the dialogue yourself, it advances automatically to match up with the music, I believe.

Reactions: xapican

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
Well, not all but some cutscenes are "animated", in a way, by layering and interpolating different images to create the illusion of fluid movement. Then there are cutscenes that are just still pictures that count as cutscenes too. And to answer your question, yeah, most of the sex and other cutscenes in this game are animated like that.
"Cutscenes" are the bits where you don't advance the dialogue yourself, it advances automatically to match up with the music, I believe.
Thank's guy's for the reply, I was a bit unsure after reading the last review, where the lack of animations were pointed out.

dbain

Apr 23, 2023
Thank's guy's for the reply, I was a bit unsure after reading the last review, where the lack of animations were pointed out.
At times, it's wise not to lean solely on the ratings. While an amalgamation of ratings can give you a good insight, one's own preferences and inclinations may diverge, right? Judging by the presentation in the beginning of this thread, if it piques your interest, I'd suggest giving it a go. I, personally, like it for multiple reasons. :--)

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
Actually, I proceed like that, in doubt give it a go, I'm following this game since 2 or 3 updates already and simply love it, as I read the review, my thought was:" hell, how off is my perception," and questioned myself if the cutscenes don't count as animations, but yeah, specially Puppet Masters answer confirmed my thinking.

Reactions: dbain

wildride69

Jan 5, 2023
...huh? Is the dev such an insecure little prissy princess that he can't handle people comparing his game to another very similar one that nobody would blame him if he took inspiration from? :ROFLMAO:
Probably because DS is better in every meaningful way and people probably say it in the thread. That VN has potential but needs much better writing imo.

Xythurr

Oct 29, 2017
...huh? Is the dev such an insecure little prissy princess that he can't handle people comparing his game to another very similar one that nobody would blame him if he took inspiration from? :ROFLMAO:
Yeah when I read that it made me laugh. Pathetic shit right there. I'll still check the AVN out at some point but prissy insecure devs doesn't usually bode well for the long-term success of a project.
We'll see if it eventually gets added to the abandoned pile because his feelings got hurt lol.

That dev when he sees a Desert Stalker related post:
crying-black-boy-crying-baby-boy.gif

4.80 star(s) 589 Votes