• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

zerodead

Engaged Member
Jan 18, 2018
man, I'm doing a lot, but I need to start playing to do a better review in the translation, I'm doing it, but I still haven't played until the end

jaredh72

Apr 26, 2017
I have the same issue, how did you open that file without it appearing as a mess?
Are you opening the .rpy file or the .rpyc file? The latter is what always appears as a mess. You'd need either need to decompile those to get the .rpy files or extract all the files within the .rpa files.

any word on if the patch works with this version? i assume it won't
Looking at the code, the way the scenes were worded, and with what I know about Renpy coding, it's done in a way where the change in relationships isn't enough. Part of the scene needs to be rewritten by the patch too. So the short answer is no.

Last edited:

open_your_third_eye

Sep 11, 2018
Are you sure you have uploaded the right version? Because i've tried to play it and i have no new Fay's events, no matter if i play it from the save from previous version or with the cheats mode, i also tried with and without the patch from v0.3 version. Still no new Fay events.
Had the same issue, you need to have unlocked the attic to progress with her next event as far as I can tell. To do so, explore the island until you find the cave, use the key on the beach house shack at the dock, pick up the ladder there, and use it in your room during the day. After that just wait for her to visit you on her own at night.

Last edited:
Reactions: hentai charley

DeeCanon

Mar 12, 2018
Are you opening the .rpy file or the .rpyc file? The latter is what always appears as a mess. You'd need either need to decompile those to get the .rpy files or extra all the files within the .rpa files.

Looking at the code, the way the scenes were worded, and with what I know about Renpy coding, it's done in a way where the change in relationships isn't enough. Part of the scene needs to be rewritten by the patch too. So the short answer is no.
i figured as much, thanks (y)

jaredh72

Apr 26, 2017
Actually, as far as the patch goes, I don't think the new events really need to be reworded. I believe the title override from the v0.3 patch is all that is really needed. I'm not 100% sure on that though until I get to those new scenes myself (this is the first version I've tried), as UnRen failed to be able to decompile the fayevents.rpyc file that came with the patch, so I can't see what changes (if any) really needed to be done to it.

I've confirmed that you only need the patch file from v0.3 (not the fayevents.rpyc file).

Last edited:

3DbPNuRHhpW

Jan 19, 2019
UnRen failed to be able to decompile the fayevents.rpyc file that came with the patch, so I can't see what changes (if any) really needed to be done to it.
You need a more recent unrpyc.

I checked version 0.3 with and without the patch, and there are no significant differences in game/scripts/fayevents.rpy. An unofficial 0.4 patch should probably contain only game/patch.rpyc from the 0.3 patch.

Reactions: jaredh72

shyguycase

Sep 28, 2019
Found what appears to be a bug (but not a crash, so no traceback). After Fay's 7/7 relationship Event completed, I ended up back in the Main Hall but could not interact with anything there, and I don't have any HUD buttons to click, so I can't go anywhere else and am soft-locked at that point.

Comparing to other events, fayevents.rpy appears to be missing the line:
Code:
    $ interact = True
at line 744 just before the existing line:
Code:
    $ ui.interact()
When I made that change, I can now interact with the mainhall scene.
I also had the same issue.

BTSpoon

Dec 27, 2017
I also had the same issue.
I've had this issue as well, rewinding back to before you trigger the event and skipping time til the evening then doing the even seems to work. Could be an issue with Lucinda...? Or something else during the afternoon, I do have a save with the issue if it'll help at all, just speak with Fey on the bench to trigger.
*edit - bug happens when you redo the even later.

Last edited:
Reactions: devil_hunter

NoNeedForThat

Jan 16, 2018
Had the same issue, you need to have unlocked the attic to progress with her next event as far as I can tell. To do so, explore the island until you find the cave, use the key on the beach house, pick up the ladder there, and use it in your room during the day. After that just wait for her to visit you on her own at night.
I don't see the beach house. All there is on the beach are just two chairs. I've discovered the cave but would need a light source.

cooperdk

Engaged Member
Jul 23, 2017
I committed a version 0.4 pre-patched with updated Lewd Mode (inc)
This requires no manual work, just extract and play.

DiP-patched_0.4.zip (548 MB)
GoFile:
Pixeldrain:

Last edited:
Reactions: Torquemadder

cooperdk

Engaged Member
Jul 23, 2017
You need a more recent unrpyc.

I checked version 0.3 with and without the patch, and there are no significant differences in game/scripts/fayevents.rpy. An unofficial 0.4 patch should probably contain only game/patch.rpyc from the 0.3 patch.
Incorrect. There are four or five new scenes in the new version. About 200 new lines of code.
Regardless, I already updated it just above.

Reactions: PsybehrWolf

cooperdk

Engaged Member
Jul 23, 2017
Actually, as far as the patch goes, I don't think the new events really need to be reworded. I believe the title override from the v0.3 patch is all that is really needed. I'm not 100% sure on that though until I get to those new scenes myself (this is the first version I've tried), as UnRen failed to be able to decompile the fayevents.rpyc file that came with the patch, so I can't see what changes (if any) really needed to be done to it. I'll edit this post again after I've found out for sure.
I used unrpyc adapted to Python 3 to decompile and adapt the 0.4 patch from the 0.3 patch and the original 0.4 version of the events file.

The events file I unpacked with unrpa (also Python 3 specific) and I repacked the scripts (for my own prepatched build) with rpatool specifying archive version 2.
As you know, the regular patch is just two files to extract to /game.

Every time I use these tools, or even just work with a RenPy patch, I laugh my ass of over Ren'Py and it's inability to enter 2022 (or at least 2016).

Last edited:
4.20 star(s) 5 Votes