Ren'Py Abandoned Deserted Island Dreams [v0.42] [DeDagames]

3.30 star(s) 9 Votes

Norts

Oct 29, 2019
Just going to put this out there the creator of this game has basically given up on this he did a few updates the started a new game called Newlywed to be similar premis same lack of cohesion and effort to make actual paths that made sense but at least he "finished" that game its is about 5 days of story about 10 mins of content and will leave you fealing unsatisfied and is still riddled with mistakes bad spelling and bugs. If you wanna confirm this just check his peatron this game is basically dead the creator got too much "constructive" feedback took offence that ppl were not just accepting a half baked shoddy game and decided to post that it got too little positive reviews so he moved on from it and is currently making some new cuck game that will probably be half finished and half assed too. Sorry guys if i sound vindictive but this creator has a history of this he made living with laura a few years back made it for a few months then abandoned it so id give up on this just like he has.

SummerCar

Jan 5, 2020
Ok, So... The game has OK bones, I know others might be pissing & moaning about the renders or whatever, but I think they are fine. My issue is with the writing. & if the creator can see this, Please take note.

First, the Engrish, it has to be pointed out. That's not the big issue though, It's the story crafting & the execution. Let me give an example of what I mean. Let's say you pick the normal marriage route, set the wife's libido to nympho & say no to sharing right? There's 2 choices that inevitably lead to her cheating. Either she cheats when she goes alone to stargaze with Dustin, or, if you go with her, you later catch her cheating with him when you & Rebecca go to the lake. Ok, that's fine. Keep in mind, at this point A, This was on a path where she isn't a cheater before coming to the island, B, Both she & her husband have had a conversation & agreed not to fuck others & C, She has no idea that her husband found out that she was cheating. But if you go the former route, where she cheats on the stargazer night, When the husband comes home & finds her in bed with Dustin, they react like "Oh hi Mark", like it's just normal, & he doesn't get upset until she threatens to cut the husband off from sex. Now if the first attempt was prevented by the husband going stargazing with them, then when they cheat at the lake, if you choose the option of watch & then "Revenge is sweeter when she isn't expecting it", keeping in mind the wife has NO IDEA that the husband knows, later in the game, first the wife & husband make plans to spend the night together, but then suddenly Dustin is coming over & she asks if the husband wants to stay & watch or leave. The fuck?

Now if these scenes were playing out on cuckhold routes, it would make sense. However, on the cheating routes, no, there's no logic to it at all. Either the game is set to where she doesn't cheat & everything is normal, or if she does cheat, Both she & her husband act like it's normal even though logically she's doing it behind his back, aka without his knowledge or consent.

Now, I think that this is because some of these choices just hamfist into routes that don't actually fit the choices made, so this is one of the main areas where the writing needs to be improved.

Now if the creator can read this, I tell you what. I'll help you correct the engrish on your script, so it reads like proper English, & I'll help you with improving the writing. I think the premise & idea of the plot is decent, but man, that writing needs work.
Just going to put this out there the creator of this game has basically given up on this he did a few updates the started a new game called Newlywed to be similar premis same lack of cohesion and effort to make actual paths that made sense but at least he "finished" that game its is about 5 days of story about 10 mins of content and will leave you fealing unsatisfied and is still riddled with mistakes bad spelling and bugs. If you wanna confirm this just check his peatron this game is basically dead the creator got too much "constructive" feedback took offence that ppl were not just accepting a half baked shoddy game and decided to post that it got too little positive reviews so he moved on from it and is currently making some new cuck game that will probably be half finished and half assed too. Sorry guys if i sound vindictive but this creator has a history of this he made living with laura a few years back made it for a few months then abandoned it so id give up on this just like he has.
All of the dev's games are basically like this. He introduces like 20 choices at the start of the game and the game's story falls apart 3 minutes in because it doesn't properly account for all the different branches. That combined with the poor English and poor renders makes them unplayable. Then after rushing some ending or abandoning it, he creates a "new" games using the exact same characters with a different premise.

And I agree, if he just focused on making a simple game with like 2-3 paths instead of throwing 10 choices at the start that don't matter and had a proof reader check over it, he could actually make something decent.

Slappy Kinkaid

Game Developer
Apr 14, 2018
All of the dev's games are basically like this. He introduces like 20 choices at the start of the game and the game's story falls apart 3 minutes in because it doesn't properly account for all the different branches. That combined with the poor English and poor renders makes them unplayable. Then after rushing some ending or abandoning it, he creates a "new" games using the exact same characters with a different premise.

And I agree, if he just focused on making a simple game with like 2-3 paths instead of throwing 10 choices at the start that don't matter and had a proof reader check over it, he could actually make something decent.
Valid. I like to give the benefit of the doubt though. For all we know, maybe he's just more unskilled than he realizes & just needs some coaching & guidance. That's why I offered to help the guy out because maybe it's just a matter of teaching him how to do the games better.

Now, that said, the choice is up to him. He can either accept the assistance I'm offering, & maybe improve his skills, therefore improving the quality of his games, which would make him more money, give him more credibility & make him & his fans happier, or he can ignore it & keep bumbling from one janky, poorly written disaster to the next, which clearly isn't working out too well for him. I guess it all boils down to how much self awareness & ability to learn & grow, or if he's stupid & egotistical, in which case, he'll just stay stuck in his cycle of churning out broken, abandoned bugs until he fades into obscurity.

Norts

Oct 29, 2019
If you decided to play his new game its basically a carbon copy of the previous 2-3 games he has made same models even and similar plot and your decisions basically have zero impact.... I give up on this creator guys waste your time on this if you want but im done.

Swooosh

Oct 22, 2021
If you decided to play his new game its basically a carbon copy of the previous 2-3 games he has made same models even and similar plot and your decisions basically have zero impact.... I give up on this creator guys waste your time on this if you want but im done.
I dont think this is true. He got better with Route to Cuckoldry. It's not true that decisions have zero impact. And i think there are some hot scene that fit better with a cuckold game. For example i think that the dirty talk scene where Emma record MC with the phone is hot and is something new in his works.
ropppp good job man! PS: i think you only need to improve a bit your renders now. Graphic is still poor.

Reactions: Shadow-Dark-one

kurailxix

Modder
Oct 21, 2018
He posted a new version of the game he is currently making on patreon.
thanks for the link, couldnt find it elsewhere, tried Kemono

he mentioned specifically how he dislikes F95, and wanted another place to post
I understand why, its gonna get hate for its english, since its not his first language
and for people who want high quality visuals
its a niche in a niche

they could use some polish, and unfortunately don't seem to always get finished
but I enjoy the games he puts out

Last edited:
3.30 star(s) 9 Votes