TiffanyMonroe

Forum Fanatic
May 29, 2018
I like how you struck a balance by making him ugly on the outside but good on the inside and her look good but ugly on the inside. A Nosferatu with a heart of gold and an insufferable dyke with super human powers lol I don't remembers vampires being weak to water. Is that a Nosferatu trait?
This game is making me want to replay bloodlines.(y)

Reactions: The Anax

The Anax

Game Developer
Oct 24, 2017
@TiffanyMonroe Well, I have always loved folklore and myths since I was a child. I have a massive collection of books, some from even the 1800's discussing myths and lore from every country around the world. According to old myths about strigoi (what we now think of as vampires) and to a lesser extent, legends concerning demons or undead in other cultures as well, the undead cannot pass running water. (Think of the legend of Sleepy Hollow and the headless horseman, and how he could not cross the bridge).

In some times in history, bodies of the dead, suspected of being ghouls, vampires, and such, were actually weighed down and kept under water after death because it is believed that their natural element is "earth" and like mud, if the undead get in water, they can become trapped. This is also why it works in reverse, so like a Rusalka in folklore cannot leave the water.

Anyway! I try to do my best to weave real history and use actual folklore in my projects!

TiffanyMonroe

Forum Fanatic
May 29, 2018
@TiffanyMonroe Well, I have always loved folklore and myths since I was a child. I have a massive collection of books, some from even the 1800's discussing myths and lore from every country around the world. According to old myths about strigoi (what we now think of as vampires) and to a lesser extent, legends concerning demons or undead in other cultures as well, the undead cannot pass running water. (Think of the legend of Sleepy Hollow and the headless horseman, and how he could not cross the bridge).

In some times in history, bodies of the dead, suspected of being ghouls, vampires, and such, were actually weighed down and kept under water after death because it is believed that their natural element is "earth" and like mud, if the undead get in water, they can become trapped. This is also why it works in reverse, so like a Rusalka in folklore cannot leave the water.

Anyway! I try to do my best to weave real history and use actual folklore in my projects!
Omg how you get your hands on a book from the 1800's?:oops: You paid an arm and a leg on Ebay? lol I would take a nice hardback to a kindle any day but eventually books will disappear completely. I've always loved history but never thought to learn about mythology.

The Anax

Game Developer
Oct 24, 2017
@TiffanyMonroe Well, you will be delighted to hear that these interactive novels are actually just the foundation for countless ebooks I will be writing within my Anaxverse and selling on Kindle! They will not be "erotic", though adult oriented, so you'll be able to share it with all your family and friends and not have to worry about being seen in the wrong light.

Reactions: TiffanyMonroe

ILCjr

Dec 27, 2018
Ok, I am stuck in the caverns, I have gone down the hole to the crystals and the portal, but can get no further. Can I get a hint?

The Anax

Game Developer
Oct 24, 2017
Ok, I am stuck in the caverns, I have gone down the hole to the crystals and the portal, but can get no further. Can I get a hint?
I think on future versions I am going to program "Spoilers" that people can choose to click or not before a hunt, telling them all the equipment they will need, until the final version where I put a strategy guide with it. So, can you show me a screenshot of where you can get so that I can figure out exactly where you are, please? And thank you.

Edit: Or actually, if you can just right click the image and do save image as and tell me the name of the image that works as well. There are multiple crystal checkpoints and I want to know what this portal looks like. I think I know where you ware, but want to make sure I don't give you the wrong information.

ILCjr

Dec 27, 2018
I went through everything that I could find on the first level and did the puzzle there and was taken to this level. I got the keys, but no matter what I do I can not go any further.

Reactions: asd33asd33

The Anax

Game Developer
Oct 24, 2017
Heh, I had actually thought about the bombs, but since there was no hint like the one about using the bomb to get into the flower room, I dismissed it.
That's where I am kind of at right now. A lot of these maps and such are inspired by games I played as a kid 40 years ago. And, so, Legend of Zelda, is a good example of this. I want to try and make things somewhat of a puzzle, but not too hard, but not too easy either. I appreciate you asking, and I hope you'll enjoy the rest of the adventure down in the caverns!

Reactions: ILCjr

ILCjr

Dec 27, 2018
That's where I am kind of at right now. A lot of these maps and such are inspired by games I played as a kid 40 years ago. And, so, Legend of Zelda, is a good example of this. I want to try and make things somewhat of a puzzle, but not too hard, but not too easy either. I appreciate you asking, and I hope you'll enjoy the rest of the adventure down in the caverns!
Maybe small hints, but don't give it all away. I would have eventually tried the bombs, because it seemed the only logical thing, but just got confused. Thanks again for helping me, I appreciate it.

Reactions: The Anax

Max1236

Feb 8, 2018
Could someone help me? I'm stuck in the cavern and I don't have the fire bombs needed to go further. How can I go back and buy the stuff I need (no more enemy encounters, the area is clear)

ILCjr

Dec 27, 2018
Could someone help me? I'm stuck in the cavern and I don't have the fire bombs needed to go further. How can I go back and buy the stuff I need (no more enemy encounters, the area is clear)
You have to load a save, or that is the only way that I found.

The Anax

Game Developer
Oct 24, 2017
icarlc is correct, for now the only way will be to load a new save game. As you have seen, we've pushed Twine to unseen limits on the project, and I am not sure if I can implement an exit yet without breaking other triggers. It's a work in progress. And also, @Max1236 don't forget to look up a few posts and check the spoilers if you want to know everything that you will need on the Caverns Hunt to complete it!

Reactions: ILCjr

InvaderGir

Nov 12, 2017
So I seem to have a problem with the mountain monster hunt I've gotten to the point where I talk to the barbegazi but when I go to the summit nothing new happens and it doesn't seem like they actually come with me

The Anax

Game Developer
Oct 24, 2017
@InvaderGir - Can you get a screenshot for me of what the barbegazi are saying when you visit them? Also, as an aside, you def did not save the game while on the hunt and load it?

The Anax

Game Developer
Oct 24, 2017
I am sorry, but all the variables have to be loaded for a hunt at the start of a hunt. If you save in the hunt and load, it will put you on the "right webpage" of sorts, but it breaks the variables.

I should add that the same thing can happen if one uses the back button to win fights.

Reactions: ghostrider200
4.70 star(s) 3 Votes