The Anax

Game Developer
Oct 24, 2017
@ghostrider200 Not sure, that's a pretty ambiguous question. You might look over the last couple of pages here, as I pretty much have told everyone what to do if they were unable to beat it on their own. If not, feel free to join my Discord and I can tell you on the SPOILERS chat there.

Nov 4, 2017
Oh Hey Anax, when's the next update coming out?
Amazing game. I ve been following your games since the first ones on tfgamessite. Love the writing and the art style in this one especially❤
Also, Will there be more Possession scenes?

Reactions: The Anax

The Anax

Game Developer
Oct 24, 2017
@Waggleton.P.Tallylicker - There will definitely be more possession scenes. The release set ups now days are that my $5 have these until the next build is finished. Once done, my patrons get access to that and the last one goes public. So, right now they have access to the update, and I do not think it should be too long before I have the next build ready for them (since you have followed me so long, you know I do solid updates at a very good speed). I am glad you have enjoyed this one so much!

Don't forget too, if you are a fan, to join my Discord. I am in there all the time answering questions and showing spoilers and such!

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
Playing this I'm getting a lot of broken images in the hunting parts. In combat, the monster images ending with "In.png" are largely actually named "IN.png" on the disk.

The Anax

Game Developer
Oct 24, 2017
Playing this I'm getting a lot of broken images in the hunting parts. In combat, the monster images ending with "In.png" are largely actually named "IN.png" on the disk.
Weird, I don't seem to be, but of course, my version is the patreon one. Maybe those are things I fixed. Feel free to get on the bug report on my Discord server and upload a screenshot for me, and thank you! No one else has ever reported this.

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
Weird, I don't seem to be, but of course, my version is the patreon one. Maybe those are things I fixed. Feel free to get on the bug report on my Discord server and upload a screenshot for me, and thank you! No one else has ever reported this.
I'm guessing you're on windows. On a non-windows OS, file paths are case-sensitive so MountainSasquatch2In.png, for example, is a different path to MountainSasquatch2IN.png. The game is looking for the former but the file on the disk is named the latter. This is still the case on the patron version.

The Anax

Game Developer
Oct 24, 2017
Ah ok! Yes, I use Windows, I am guessing so do most of my patrons because you are the first to ever bring this to my attention at all. So, I'll go and try to make sure that they are all caps before this release goes public. Thanks for the report!

EDIT: Actually to make this way faster, which ones did not work on your OS?

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
Actually to make this way faster, which ones did not work on your OS?
It seems to be all of them. I have yet to see a fight where the initial image showed up properly before I fixed it. I don't know whether "IN" or "In" is supposed to be the correct version, but the files in the image folder seem to be consistently "IN", and the game calls for "In" equally as consistently. I have yet to complete the caverns, so I don't know if the forest will be the same way.

The Anax

Game Developer
Oct 24, 2017
Oh in that case it must be something to do with the browser maybe or something on the operating system that you are using, for example, to use Sasquatch, please see the attached screenshot. As you can see I have taken a screenshot of the programming and of the .PNG file. They are both named identically. This may also explain why no one else has ever issued this bug before, as it appears I have no way to fix it. Most annoying as I would prefer you could see all the monsters.

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
Well I don't have the source you have, but looking at the compiled script it appears that the image called for on dodge is indeed the "IN" variant, but the one at the start of combat is the "In" spelling.

The Anax

Game Developer
Oct 24, 2017
OH wait a sec, I think I understand your meaning. Hmm... this will take a long time to fix, but eventually, before the next public release, I think it will be fixable.

The Anax

Game Developer
Oct 24, 2017
hotuck As the man making this, I can! When my $5 patrons get the newest release in a bit over two weeks, then the version they have had all this time goes public. Of course, if you want the most up-to-date, instead of giving the $5 one might spend at a corporation for a fast food meal or an expensive coffee, one might better, instead, invest that into a poor S.O.B. trying to make ends meet while creating entertainment for the community! Anyway, a couple of weeks!

hotuck

Nov 23, 2017
Oh okay, and thanks for replying. By the way, I really like the concept of Giggler. Do you have any plans on actually making it into one of your game series?

The Anax

Game Developer
Oct 24, 2017
hotuck Absolutely. The final two- INITIAL- interactive novels that are left are Giggle Night: Trixie's Trial and Of Sex and Souls: Noir Nights. So, GN:TT will be all about superheroes and super villains, with the Giggler and his clownifications being the main stage. I think this game, D:BB, might be the first game to ever have clownification in it, but that's just a nod to GN:TT. Since this title happens a year or so after GN:TT, it's just a link the two novels have. But, the main them in GN:TT will be different types of clownification and corruption, with the heroes and innocents having different outcomes on their lives based on what Trixie decides to do as a brand new super hero.

Reactions: Master of Puppets

Morier

Oct 9, 2018
Loving your games, Anax. But are you aware that's there's an easy exploit for taking no damage during fights, not only for this game, but also Cereborg? It does not seem to cause any errors or problems, but is likely due to the engine used.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

The Anax

Game Developer
Oct 24, 2017
Morier - Yes, thank you, I am aware.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Also, in the final version, please note that all the Bad Ends will unlock when one beats a level as opposed to losing repeatedly as well. I just like to reiterate this whenever I get a chance. This means no one will need to lose a million times. For, "story mode" players, it will unlock all Bad Ends at the end of the Monster Hunt chapters.

The Anax

Game Developer
Oct 24, 2017
muttdoggy New release as of today! Until my friend, Muttdoggy gets new uploads done, the new public release can be .

anonymous04

Apr 7, 2018
Whenever I defeat an enemy in chapter 8 I get an error message saying " Error: Audio: Track "Null" does not exist"

Does anyone know what might be causing it and know a possible fix?

The Anax

Game Developer
Oct 24, 2017
anonymous04 - I just got up, or I'd have responded sooner, but I checked my Discord for bugs (back when this was the new release) and there was a report of this. We discovered it was happening because the player saved their game while on the hunt and was then loading their game. This knocked all the variables out of whack, and led me to an idea which is implemented in the new Patreon version, and will eventually be released when that version goes public.

In short, I had played so many games in the community over the years where in order to see the Bad Ends, aplayer had to lose. With D:BB probably having 50 or more Bad Ends, it dawned on me how flawed this designed was, so I designed a Bad End collection (like how my Character Unlocks work if you've played my finished projects). Now, there is no need for more than one save file and no need to lose on monster hunts because as of the "Sewers Hunt" version, if one succeeds in a hunt, all the Bad Ends unlock on a menu and one can watch them as many times as they like!

Anyway, I believe you likely saved and loaded your game which cannot be done on a monster hunt. Once you head out, you're in it to win it! (Or still lose it in this version!)

4.70 star(s) 3 Votes