The Anax

Game Developer
Oct 24, 2017
Greetings! I just posted 500 of my renders of art from my current interactive novel, Desideratum: Blood Bonds! If you are one of my fans and could spare a scant moment of your time, please give me 5 stars and feel free to leave supportive words as well!

Now, back to work on all my dark projects!

The Anax

Game Developer
Oct 24, 2017
For those that do not visit my discord, Patreon, Twitter or the gallery here, this is just a reminder that in about 2 hours at 2pm MOUNTAIN TIME, I will be starting a live stream Developer Q&A. If you've had any questions about the new Slugs and Bugs Unity game that I am creating, then feel free to watch. And afterward, I will take questions about all my other Anaxverse projects- this one included!

The Anax

Game Developer
Oct 24, 2017
Any news you can share in the thread? Feels like you haven't been doing much lately.
Hah! I wish it felt that way to me! I do not have much to share off the top of my head. I just wake up and work writing and rendering about 10 or 12 hours a day and never take a day off- though I shall do so on Halloween of course, since I always take that day off! Otherwise, if you add up how much time I spend producing all this free content with how much money I make- it comes to about $3.11 an hour! So, definitely done on passion alone!

Anyway, if you feel I have not been doing much lately, you should definitely hang out in my Discord or Patron me at least a dollar so that you get progress reports and such. Otherwise, I have no idea why you feel like this. For example, since the last update here, I have been working fulltime on Slugs and Bugs: Conversion and managed to do over a thousand renders and wrote scripts for my programmer for character dialogues, menu options, stats and such totaling about 200k words, lol So, busy, busy, busy!

I am hoping I can finally slow down and relax a bit once I have everything ready for the massive first release of a Unity game (that's what the Q & A today is about). Once that's done, I can focus on D:BB again, and I decided even if Impresario does not get the monster hunts programmed quickly, I'll just keep producing everything except those, which it will skip, so the content for that project should pick up over the next couple of weeks, me thinks. Otherwise, I have no life, I don't get to play video games, or do anything except work on this stuff as I try to build a future.

The Anax

Game Developer
Oct 24, 2017
The Live Q&A went well today but for those that were unable to make it, I shall be holding it a second time on Sat! So, if you worked during the week, you can join me this weekend to discuss the new Slugs and Bugs: Conversion unity game!

The Anax

Game Developer
Oct 24, 2017
Ok, with all the work to get SB:C ready and with that Halloween surprise- my new website , and my upcoming wedding (I'm getting married on Halloween) I have been two weeks overdue with trying to get the new D:BB release out, but my $30 and up patrons just got access to chaps 11 and 12, and starting tomorrow I'll get onto the hunt and such, so the updates will now start trickling down. So, if you happen to be one of my highest patrons, go enjoy yourself, and if not, then be ready because within just a few weeks you'll have new content!

Reactions: desmosome

The Anax

Game Developer
Oct 24, 2017
Ok new update is public! Go and enjoy yourself!

muttdoggy - I did put up the mega download this time!

@Moderators - If any moderators want to make mirrors at those other places feel free to! And, please mark this as updated in the games part for me. Thank you!

Deftlink

Mar 2, 2018
Hi Anax, just want to say you did a great job with Cult of Corruption. You understand the mind control/ corruption genre like no one does.
Love that you did not shy away from incest and cuckold elements too, it blended in nicely with the dark tone of your work.

Reactions: The Anax

The Anax

Game Developer
Oct 24, 2017
Ok back from my wedding and ready to get back to doing what I love!

CatharineTheDominaQueen - It might be that you left everything in the zip folder. Try using a program like WinZip or 7z or something to unzip the folder you download here, and then, once extracted, it will probably play correctly. Otherwise, if you have already done that, you may try a different browser and see if that helps!

Valronn - I have a few animated gifs here and there in all my projects, but most of it is still frame because, oh my, I am up to well over a thousand renders on this project and it's always getting larger! I have to often stop myself from going overboard as my patrons can attest because I love building my lore and making things entertaining. I try to balance quantity and quality as best I can!

cell943

Oct 14, 2017
Really nice update. It's probably the best so far.
Two suggestions for improvement:
  1. Make the sewer doors (those opened by the levers) more obvious. Having to step through and search every panel to get an option to open a door is a pain. If a door is there, just go ahead and show it (mark the grey square on the map until the appropriate lever is pulled). Note, this doesn't apply to secret doors (like another in the sewers).
  2. When the gate drops between you and Roy, it's not obvious that's what happened. It kind of seems like you're all on one side of the gate, which makes the next page very confusing. This can be resolved by saying something like "Roy stands next to Molly...when a barred gate suddenly slams down between you and Roy!"
Maybe more, but that's as far as I've gotten.
Also, didn't there use to be a surrender button? I've downed a few potions to survive the earlier bosses, and now it's super hard to lose to the golem.
Also, it seems like the entry for Dyrnwyn is locked even though I used it against an enemy in the sewers. This may be because of chapter skipping.

As a side note, it may be appropriate to add coprophilia/phagia, as tags, though it's kind of easy to pretend something else is happening.

Bug: Inspecting an item during your turn (to remember what it does) skips your turn and is free damage for the enemy.

Last edited:

The Anax

Game Developer
Oct 24, 2017
cell943 - Thanks for the feedback. The way the sewer doors work, due to the HTML triggers needed, I do not think can be done any differently, and just now I did add a couple of sentences to help make the scene less confusing.

The surrender button is now removed because it is obsolete. I mentioned this here a while back, but I decided to add a Bad Ends menu to this title and all my past ones (eventually) where, like my character unlocks, one unlocks the Bad Ends and can watch their favorite ones an infinite number of times. What this means is that as of this release, one unlocks the Bad Ends by WINNING the fights. In other words, if you play through the sewers and reach the boss (other than hidden fights, like the Slugged Slave), ALL the Bad Ends are unlocked.

I think due to how pretty much all other games in our community work, one generally loses to get the bad ends, and so, I took the design for granted. However, one night as I sat reflecting on this title, it dawned on me that it would be much better game design to let people experience all the Bad Ends by winning! That way it is not redundant, so no reason to surrender, in fact, you want to win in order to unlock them all efficiently!

I'll have to look into Drynwyn... it should have unlocked once you beat the Mountain and obtained it.

cell943

Oct 14, 2017
The surrender button is now removed because it is obsolete. I mentioned this here a while back, but I decided to add a Bad Ends menu to this title and all my past ones (eventually) where, like my character unlocks, one unlocks the Bad Ends and can watch their favorite ones an infinite number of times. What this means is that as of this release, one unlocks the Bad Ends by WINNING the fights. In other words, if you play through the sewers and reach the boss (other than hidden fights, like the Slugged Slave), ALL the Bad Ends are unlocked.
I noticed this after posting. That's a really smart move. Good on ya!

EDIT: Oof, huge bug to report. If you check your inventory while on the hunt selection screen for one area (where you can check what you need for that area), you get stuck in an infinite loop. Clicking "changed my mind" sends you to the inventory screen, and clicking return there sends you to the area screen.
Plus, I get the message that I've dodged, but I'm still taking damage.

Last edited:
Reactions: The Anax

The Anax

Game Developer
Oct 24, 2017
SugarCube Hacker
Allows you to cheat in SugarCube games (Browser extension)
Well, to cheat on HTML games is very easy, actually, one need only open it in notepad and change whatever they like, but right now cheating is pretty much enabled on this title as is. All you will need to stomp everything in your way is a strength potion for now, and the portals to the House of Haggle will also be removed in the final version, so, for now, one can just go there all they like.

Also, it should be noted for posterity that the final release will have a Story Mode version, meaning no health or anything. Literally, you'll be invincible and just go through the game, which, even now I cannot see a reason to cheat (not that I mind because I love cheating on video games, it's fun!) but after Story Mode, I really can't see why one would need to.

4.70 star(s) 3 Votes