Apr 28, 2020
Some. Specifically the blacksmith, the owner of the dancer pub, the restaurant/pub owner, the "boyfriend," and the "mom guy"
I already do the last ending, it was actually pretty good, though I was hoping to see what happened to the NPC after we left them. I mean like the Dancer and owner couple's, I was hoping to see what happen to them.

Silentce

Quiet Eldritch Horror
Modder
Uploader
Jan 2, 2018
I keep in touch, the number of patrons is updated once a month (on the first day).
Also in anticipation of the Christmas holidays, I take orders for translating games from people without the need for a subscription.
By the way, there are still many games that, due to the complexity, no one has yet undertaken to translate (even MTL).

Patreon program was created solely to support MTL of games, as well as for those people who need to translate a particular game out of turn.
And yes, read at least the first couple of thread's pages before saying what others have already discussed. ;)

I've seen this song and dance before. New guy comes in with an MTL program, thinks he is going to make serious cash doing "quick, easy" MTLs. Let me be blunt, it never works and most people are going to take offense to you asking for money to run a script that anyone can do. My advice? Take some time to hone your skills and translate manually. Even if you have to use online dictionaries to get the job done people are more likely to support you if you are putting in the man hours. Doing something that you finished in a weeks time and expecting monthly income for it isn't gonna fly for many people.

Besides side note I have moved this to my primary translation and I look forward to showing it off in this thread when It is done. :)

Mirgosoft

Game Developer
Oct 24, 2019
My advice? Take some time to hone your skills and translate manually.
I understood your point of view long ago. However, I have the right to stay with my own and continue to do what I do.

Besides side note I have moved this to my primary translation and I look forward to showing it off in this thread when It is done. :)
Great, I said from the very beginning that I only support the ideas of improving/making a better translation. The main thing is that the games should be translated, and not "have been protracted" for years. ;)

Mirgosoft

Game Developer
Oct 24, 2019
My advice? Take some time to hone your skills and translate manually.
In short, I will add that I am not able to do manual translation for 2 reasons:
- I am used to automating many processes using my skills and experience in programming.
- I don't have a lot of time for this, and therefore the translation of 1 game in manual mode can take more than a month. That is why I provide translation source files to anyone who wants to do a manual translation of a game.

That is why I have only 1 way, and how useful it will be for people, I think, time will judge. Nevertheless, I have already said that I do not count on "serious cash" from my hobby. But, of course, this does not mean that I take my translations lightly or will stop doing my translations in any time. The process of writing programs, the web-system of the list of games for patrons, as well as the making patreon page/discord server, generally take a decent amount of time for me. And I, as mentioned earlier, value my time.

BeatTheMeats

Nov 25, 2020
In short, I will add that I am not able to do manual translation for 2 reasons:
- I am used to automating many processes using my skills and experience in programming.
- I don't have a lot of time for this, and therefore the translation of 1 game in manual mode can take more than a month. That is why I provide translation source files to anyone who wants to do a manual translation of a game.

That is why I have only 1 way, and how useful it will be for people, I think, time will judge. Nevertheless, I have already said that I do not count on "serious cash" from my hobby. But, of course, this does not mean that I take my translations lightly or will stop doing my translations in any time. The process of writing programs, the web-system of the list of games for patrons, as well as the making patreon page/discord server, generally take a decent amount of time for me. And I, as mentioned earlier, value my time.
keep doing what you need to do man, im sure the other person is just jealous because you're stealing his thunder and hurting his ego (look how smug he is when he said he's going to show off this to this thread). nothing wrong with you helping the community at all.

Feb 26, 2018
keep doing what you need to do man, im sure the other person is just jealous because you're stealing his thunder and hurting his ego (look how smug he is when he said he's going to show off this to this thread). nothing wrong with you helping the community at all.
I think I remember someone saying people are toxic here before... :sneaky:

And it seems that you do not see the picture from another's viewpoint.
I guess you never worked hard for anything in your life or perhaps your empathy got lost...
Or you think whatever product is good as long as it exists

Reactions: Striff

BeatTheMeats

Nov 25, 2020
I think I remember someone saying people are toxic here before... :sneaky:

And it seems that you do not see the picture from another's viewpoint.
I guess you never worked hard for anything in your life or perhaps your empathy got lost...
Or you think whatever product is good as long as it exists
I did say that and I still stand by my words. Mirgosoft is keeping calm and being a gentleman while the other guy continues to talk down and berate this user just because he set up a donation site. i dunno why you're talking to me as if I'm the one being toxic when I'm giving this man my support and making sure he knows someone is standing up with him.
just look at what the other person wrote. " I have moved this to my primary translation and I look forward to showing it off in this thread when It is done. :)" he's not even finished with his main project and is now rushing to translate this game so he looks like a hero.

Reactions: AH-64E
Feb 26, 2018
"Tastes could not be discussed."
This is why both manual and machine translations coexist on the forum.
I know very well they coexist and I even backed up nynevongo on "A Bitch JK In An RPG", but the difference is in attitude. One being humble and understanding complaints because they are more or less in the right, and well what happened in this case.
(I rather not go into more detail, I am already dancing on a thin thread probably for stirring drama)

I did say that and I still stand by my words. Mirgosoft is keeping calm and being a gentleman while the other guy continues to talk down and berate this user just because he set up a donation site. i dunno why you're talking to me as if I'm the one being toxic when I'm giving this man my support and making sure he knows someone is standing up with him.
just look at what the other person wrote. " I have moved this to my primary translation and I look forward to showing it off in this thread when It is done. :)" he's not even finished with his main project and is now rushing to translate this game so he looks like a hero.
The reason for me implying "toxic" was because after your removed comment, you gave yourself a go to fire back at Silentce which did not seem to be in a "gentleman's" taste.
As for the pateron thing again I rather not go into it for reasons in the brackets above.
And I too stand by what I said, for you not even trying to understand why he could be rightfully peppered up and instead implying he is in the wrong.

Silentce

Quiet Eldritch Horror
Modder
Uploader
Jan 2, 2018
Great, I said from the very beginning that I only support the ideas of improving/making a better translation. The main thing is that the games should be translated, and not "have been protracted" for years. ;)
Quality takes time. Putting a game in a script and having it do the work for you does not :)

I too wish I had more time to knock out translations left and right but doing it manually can take months unfortunately. I do what I can though.

fatsoperson

Jun 29, 2017
Honestly, I think a lot of this discussion can be avoided by just having an MTL tag to distinguish between MTLs and proper translations.

Also, my two cents on the discussions, I feel Silentce should be given credit where credit is due. Translation is hard work and he has put in a lot of effort correcting word wraps and bugs on other translations. I lurk around alot and greatly appreciate the work he has done.

I don't think anyone should be angry at MTL, if it's not a snipe on a project that is currently being worked on (happens a lot in manga translations also and is not a nice thing to do).

Having a patreon for MTL translations though, especially considering Mirgosoft did not make the tools himself is a bit dubious, but like he said, if there is demand, then so be it.

Orchidbunny

Mar 18, 2020
Anyone know how to get the True Ending?
I know "Mother" guy, and Blacksmith need to be talked to with Sober Clothes, but then what?

nivak.mal

Jul 25, 2017
so i guess we should redirect our anger at shills like you then? the game is unplayable because he TA++ the script. and even if an actual translator comes along more often then not there won't be a new thread posted for the same game so it'll be buried. People like you are the worst they defend any crap on the basis that oh look that guy is "toxic" he must be in the wrong, well guess what he's prob spent more time and is more invested on trying to translate it then the guy who setup a patreon for MTL and threw it out within an hour.

Duffmast

Oct 19, 2018
alot of arguing over MTL but to be truthful to ya all, is it going to get a Uncensor patch? xD

4.00 star(s) 6 Votes