4.80 star(s) 4 Votes

Tsugumi

Oct 16, 2018
When artists only receave pats on their backs they start to get lazy
To be fair, that is a gross misinterpretation (intentional or not - depends on the person): artists are far from special in that regard, this can affect any kind of creator - tools, machinery, construction - you name it. Plus, something I keep noticing more and more of: people seem to misunderstand - or intentionally conceal - the logic of that chain of events. Think about it:

1. you create something.
2. you get "a pat on the back" (likely monetary) for a job well done.
3. that means people like the stuff you made.

Logical conclusion: why not make more of that stuff? This keeps getting labeled as "lazy" and "repetitive" and seen in a negative light, but sometimes it is simply the creator reinforcing their livelihood - you said it yourself, "because money". You found something you enjoy creating, you found people who enjoy your creations. Frankly, I wish I had the luxury of referring to making something I like (and making that a financial foothold in life, to boot) "being lazy".

I find it unfair and borderline disrespectful to label creators left and right just because some abuse the notion.

dopss

Jun 6, 2020
Damn, I was really hoping for some more action between mother and daughter. would've been way hotter. Nethertheless good stuff.

Mar 5, 2019
To be fair, that is a gross misinterpretation (intentional or not - depends on the person): artists are far from special in that regard, this can affect any kind of creator - tools, machinery, construction - you name it. Plus, something I keep noticing more and more of: people seem to misunderstand - or intentionally conceal - the logic of that chain of events. Think about it:

1. you create something.
2. you get "a pat on the back" (likely monetary) for a job well done.
3. that means people like the stuff you made.

Logical conclusion: why not make more of that stuff? This keeps getting labeled as "lazy" and "repetitive" and seen in a negative light, but sometimes it is simply the creator reinforcing their livelihood - you said it yourself, "because money". You found something you enjoy creating, you found people who enjoy your creations. Frankly, I wish I had the luxury of referring to making something I like (and making that a financial foothold in life, to boot) "being lazy".

I find it unfair and borderline disrespectful to label creators left and right just because some abuse the notion.
I don't think lazy is quite the right word, when people say it. The medium improves, the means to create improve, more artists pop up, with better workflows, become more competitive, and you have to take into account the rest of the space. Nobody exists in a vacuum and something that could be sustainable before, isn't. New economy, new audience etc. It's not so much that Desire didn't do a good job, but it's a similar scenario of a previous release, with the same characters involved. It's not moving the needle forward. Now, I haven't watched it, I can't say much about it, and I have no interest for it, for the reasons stated above. I could be the only one that has those reasons, and that's just me projecting. Sure. But maybe other people feel that way, too.

For me, personally, I played Witcher 1 and 2, didn't like them, so I have no real interest in Witcher 3, or the girls, so I am not quite qualified, or an authority to direct Desire, let alone dictate, what he should do next. But making these overly ambitious movies, that take this long to make, to serve more of the same, I don't think it's that viable. Personally, I don't think it's that viable for any creator. If we're at the point that it takes the creator two to three years to release their film, and that be just part 1 sometimes, is just too much to ask of the audience. That's a workflow issue. Maybe the base is large enough right now that it isn't an issue, but development times are something that are just going to keep growing, and that's inevitably going to lead to loss of subscriber base, or make that base more volatile. At least, that's how I see it.

Quintara

Aug 17, 2017
well i must say that i am rather not liking this spinoff it did not bring anything new to the table except over done dirty talk and cock worship i know that is enough for many but i was hoping he would expand on the futa and add some spicy new concepts alas thanks you to people who posted links

Reactions: Datboi666

JAV4Life

Aug 27, 2018
i dunno what it is, but for as lengthy as it was i felt like i didn't really see much happen. like the best way i can describe it is, when someone talks a lot without really saying anything.

Reactions: xxxDreamZzz

rf96

I rape lolis with my tentacles
Uploader
Donor
Aug 11, 2017
OP UPDATED

1st update in two years, damn

Reactions: x0run

seraphimd2

Jun 18, 2017
I don't think lazy is quite the right word, when people say it. The medium improves, the means to create improve, more artists pop up, with better workflows, become more competitive, and you have to take into account the rest of the space. Nobody exists in a vacuum and something that could be sustainable before, isn't. New economy, new audience etc. It's not so much that Desire didn't do a good job, but it's a similar scenario of a previous release, with the same characters involved. It's not moving the needle forward. Now, I haven't watched it, I can't say much about it, and I have no interest for it, for the reasons stated above. I could be the only one that has those reasons, and that's just me projecting. Sure. But maybe other people feel that way, too.

For me, personally, I played Witcher 1 and 2, didn't like them, so I have no real interest in Witcher 3, or the girls, so I am not quite qualified, or an authority to direct Desire, let alone dictate, what he should do next. But making these overly ambitious movies, that take this long to make, to serve more of the same, I don't think it's that viable. Personally, I don't think it's that viable for any creator. If we're at the point that it takes the creator two to three years to release their film, and that be just part 1 sometimes, is just too much to ask of the audience. That's a workflow issue. Maybe the base is large enough right now that it isn't an issue, but development times are something that are just going to keep growing, and that's inevitably going to lead to loss of subscriber base, or make that base more volatile. At least, that's how I see it.
so,while i can agree with your point,there is a little problem on your argument,people are paying him to do that,specifically,his first idea was continuing the ME video,but them people asked him to continue The Witcher series,so while he may not be gaining any new fanbase,he is doing expressly what they are paying him for,and probably will maintain them for some good while,it helps that he stops his patreon whenever he thinks he will not deliver anything worth note or going into a break.

Reactions: thedayafter

Tsugumi

Oct 16, 2018

That first sentence was precisely the point I wanted to make.(y)

I avoided mentioning Desire specifically, as I was trying to make a point related to a group of people rather than any one person, but it seems now I am a bit late in replying since it has already been mentioned. :rolleyes: Not only has this particular movie been the result of feedback received from his audience, the work ethic presented thus far has estabilshed Desire as a trustworthy person, not engaged in questionable practices like "let me keep getting your monthly "donations" while I keep throwing out a couple teaser pics every month for this AWESOME game I am probably going to be working on for the rest of my life". So, at the very least, if things do go south, I trust this particular creator to not keep milking the audience whilst quietly packing things up to run off with all the money.

Alvar12

Aug 24, 2022
So I guess it’s going to be a while since we see truss again I wounded where she’ll go next

Mar 5, 2019
so,while i can agree with your point,there is a little problem on your argument,people are paying him to do that,specifically,his first idea was continuing the ME video,but them people asked him to continue The Witcher series,so while he may not be gaining any new fanbase,he is doing expressly what they are paying him for,and probably will maintain them for some good while,it helps that he stops his patreon whenever he thinks he will not deliver anything worth note or going into a break.
I understand, but the people speaking up would represent some of his subscriber base, possibly even most of his subscriber base. But not all of his subscriber base. Some might have even disagreed, but didn't voice their complaint. Some left, some came. I assume, because that's usually how things go. Not just for SFM/Blender artists, but most things. And, if I recall, Desire didn't want to go into the ME project, because he got burnt out the first time, because he simply doesn't care for ME. And that's fine. If I were given the option between doing something I want to work on, and something that makes me want to self-delete, I will always choose the former, rather than the latter. What I was getting at, was not keeping all your eggs in one basket. Yes, people will complain regardless, people that wouldn't support you, won't support you. Desire doesn't need my money, which is why I am not here telling him what he needs to do. I am merely making an observation. Spending a long length of time working on something, it is entirely possible that the end result won't live up to expectations for a lot of people, and the trade off will be those two years of waiting.

It's not so much the "price gouging" as some people say, as much as the wait itself. Two years worth of wait, to rub one out in 38 seconds. It's superfluous. A lot of people here are voicing their disappointment because, other than the length of the product, not much separates it from previous work. It doesn't push the needle forward, meaning it wasn't worth the wait. The implication being that maybe the next project will take some chances, and do something different. When? In the next 2 years? It's not an appealing prospect. 2 years are still 2 years. I don't think you understand how much time that is. And what if the next one is 3? Or 4 years? To get more of the same again. Excitement fades, people WILL check out. It's not a matter of if, but rather when. And the thing is that the new release, one as big as this, should attract new followers, to either grow Desire's sub base, or compensate for the potential loss. First impressions are not positive, from what I am seeing so far. A lot of it has to do with expectations, but that's out of Desire's hand. If you plan to make something that takes two years to produce, it better blow people's mind. This is obviously not it.

But maybe I am wrong. Maybe this is a huge hit, and people will subscribe to Desire in droves. Obviously, we'll have to wait a few months, at least, to see how that goes, and how that crowd received Desire's announcement of his next work. I don't believe taking two years to work on something is a viable strategy.

4.80 star(s) 4 Votes