Unity Completed Desktop Waifu [v0.41] [Slowly Approaching Bear]

3.70 star(s) 3 Votes

keppenkannen

May 17, 2019
I like it! Have been looking forward to having Halo's Cortana on my desktop for years.
Here's my five cents:
  • She could really benefit from more expressions. Currently she just looks dead inside.
  • Customizeable costumes would be nice (a'la remove panties).
  • The idle chat bubble looks waaaay too invasive for my taste.
  • If the main mascot is selected then it would be fun if she'd interact with visible windows on the screen (sheep.exe ;))

Last edited:
Reactions: sangri31

Imouto36

Game Developer
Jul 15, 2020
Found out about this today, and I'm absolutely loving it! The voice commands are working perfectly! I have a few questions/suggestions though.

I've noticed that I can only rotate the vrm model about the vertical y-axis. Would it be possible to add rotation about the horizontal axis as well? (Please don't ask why... :p)

Secondly, is there a way to change the voice she uses for text to speech?

A few more things, firstly the default idle animation currently looks a bit stiff, it would be really nice if she moved her hands, like towards her face or chin, or tried to fix her hair occasionally, or maybe just swayed her arms casually, stuff like that. Also, it would be really nice if we can trigger some random animations just by left-clicking on her, instead of having to open the menu and select the poses (cause the latter way is just a tiny bit inconvenient). Maybe you can also have her react in a certain manner when we click specific parts of her body. ("Yamete Kudasai!" ;)) That would be really cool!

Also, as the previous poster commented, more facial expressions and maybe a less obtrusive chat bubble would be absolutely great.

Keep up the great work! I'm excited to see what's coming for this in the future. Thanks a lot for making such an amazing thing! :D

sheema

Jul 25, 2017
mouse is mirrored and I can't click anywhere except controls and close menu ind tray. cant click on skip or next inher speech bubble, if I click on her, she starts shaking violently and goes off screen, only her legs become visible and I can not interract in any way then

• Haha
Reactions: keppenkannen

Slowly Approaching Bear

Game Developer
Jun 23, 2019
I like it! Have been looking forward to having Halo's Cortana on my desktop for years.
Here's my five cents:
  • She could really benefit from more expressions. Currently she just looks dead inside.
  • Customizeable costumes would be nice (a'la remove panties).
  • The idle chat bubble looks waaaay too invasive for my taste.
  • If the main mascot is selected then it would be fun if she'd interact with visible windows on the screen (sheep.exe ;))
Facial expressions are definitely coming, the intrusive chat bubble is going, customizable costume is not happening due to how VROID works, at least for now. I'm not sure if interaction with windows is a good idea, I mean as you said the speech bubble is intrusive enough, then imagine a huge model walking around on your screen.

Found out about this today, and I'm absolutely loving it! The voice commands are working perfectly! I have a few questions/suggestions though.

I've noticed that I can only rotate the vrm model about the vertical y-axis. Would it be possible to add rotation about the horizontal axis as well? (Please don't ask why... :p)

Secondly, is there a way to change the voice she uses for text to speech?

A few more things, firstly the default idle animation currently looks a bit stiff, it would be really nice if she moved her hands, like towards her face or chin, or tried to fix her hair occasionally, or maybe just swayed her arms casually, stuff like that. Also, it would be really nice if we can trigger some random animations just by left-clicking on her, instead of having to open the menu and select the poses (cause the latter way is just a tiny bit inconvenient). Maybe you can also have her react in a certain manner when we click specific parts of her body. ("Yamete Kudasai!" ;)) That would be really cool!

Also, as the previous poster commented, more facial expressions and maybe a less obtrusive chat bubble would be absolutely great.

Keep up the great work! I'm excited to see what's coming for this in the future. Thanks a lot for making such an amazing thing! :D
Some people have requested the horizontal rotation before so I'll try to work this into the next update. You should be able to change the TTS voice by changing your default voice on Windows but obviously it is still going to sound all robotic and stuff. There are a bunch of random idle animations though so I probably won't add more for a while but I might add the trigger thingy.

mouse is mirrored and I can't click anywhere except controls and close menu ind tray. cant click on skip or next inher speech bubble, if I click on her, she starts shaking violently and goes off screen, only her legs become visible and I can not interract in any way then
Now this one I have never heard about haha. Are you on Windows 10?

Lastly, I'm really glad you people like it/downloaded it. At launch there were a lot of issues with the game but I think it is getting to a stage now that is at least acceptable.

Imouto36

Game Developer
Jul 15, 2020
So yesterday, I had been able to make the voice commands work, and she was able to follow all the commands, like google, playing on Youtube, starting Discord, and was even able to shut down my PC. However, when I booted up my PC today, and started the app, the voice trigger is no longer working. I followed all the troubleshooting steps and made sure I was doing everything right. I started the app with "Anime Assistant.exe" (not the Unity one), and ran it as admin as well. I checked that the display language, preferred language and voice pack were all set to English (US), and even the mic was working since I was able to trigger Cortana. Even the microphone settings window showed me that "AssistantV1" is using the mic.

I also checked the antivirus settings (I am using just Windows Defender) and nothing was caught there. I even cleared the appdata from "Username/AppData/LocalLow/Kovacs/Anime Assistant Unity" and restarted the app.

In the app's setting itself, "Can listen" is checked on, I have the "Wake up phrase sensitivity" slider to the maximum (extreme left) and the "Wake up phrase" is set to the default one. The TTS for her idle dialogues are still working though when I have that option selected.

I just can't figure out why I cannot trigger her voice commands using the wake up phrase, so I would really appreciate some help. It was working completely fine yesterday. Please do let me know if you need any particular log files or anything else for troubleshooting this. Thanks!

For anyone wondering, I had a chat with the dev and after some troubleshooting, we found out that the problem was actually with my accent (since I'm not a native English speaker). I was actually pronouncing "Sarah" with the "Sa" as in "sap" instead of as in "say", which was probably what was causing the wake up phrase to not trigger properly. It's all working fine now. The dev's response was fast and the support was amazing. :)

Last edited:

Drak41

Jul 6, 2019
can we get the settings saved? by that I mean I set her on my second monitor but when I restart she's back to the default monitor

the only other issue I have is she hears the wake word but nothing after that, I ask her to "open discord" and she replies with "I didn't hear anything", anyone else have this issue and found a fix?

TIA

Imouto36

Game Developer
Jul 15, 2020
can we get the settings saved? by that I mean I set her on my second monitor but when I restart she's back to the default monitor

the only other issue I have is she hears the wake word but nothing after that, I ask her to "open discord" and she replies with "I didn't hear anything", anyone else have this issue and found a fix?

TIA
Drak41 Did you try running "Anime Assistant.exe" as admin? That seemed to fix both the issues for me.

Slowly Approaching Bear

Game Developer
Jun 23, 2019

TIA
The monitor setting is not being saved on purpose because it could cause a lot of bugs, but I'll try to work something out for the next update. Do the other voice commands work?

Drak41

Jul 6, 2019
If I run as admin then "Hey Sarah" does not work
running as normal then "Hey Sarah" works but she does not hear my command after that, have tried "open discord" & "Tell me a joke" and "Google ssd prices", she just comes back and say's "I did not hear anything"

understand about not saving the Monitor setting, great program other wise, keep up the great work and I'm sure she get there soon :)

Imouto36

Game Developer
Jul 15, 2020
If I run as admin then "Hey Sarah" does not work running as normal then "Hey Sarah" works...
I now realize that this is actually what was happening to me yesterday. Looks like running as admin was actually what was messing up the wake up phrase for me as well (though my accent was to be blamed too, it's just that both things were happening together so I had no idea). Anyways, running it as normal now, and she's able to consistently recognize voice commands on my system. Thanks for the verification! :)

Slayer128

Jun 30, 2017
guys help after i installed it and showed it to my friends i suddenly dont have friends anymore pls help

Imouto36

Game Developer
Jul 15, 2020
guys help after i installed it and showed it to my friends i suddenly dont have friends anymore pls help
Ehh, don't worry, they are just jealous of you and your new waifu... ;) Don't let that hold you back, comrade!

meh65

Aug 8, 2016
Can you chance the text to speech voice?
Also where is a good place to get lewd models?

Imouto36

Game Developer
Jul 15, 2020
This just threw a trojan virus into my computer, just a warning to everyone
Rimentus1014 I'm not sure if you are just joking, but I have been using this for more than two months, and there are no trojan virus and stuff like that in it. It's safe to use, folks.

Is it possible to change the keybinds ? My middle mouse button doesn't work .. ^^
EddyGordo Well, I'm not sure about changing keybinds, but you can still right click on the system tray icon (that little icon with her face near the taskbar clock), and click "Settings" to bring up the exact same menu that you can bring up by middle clicking on her. Hope that helps. :)

is it possible to control my spotify with this?
kopaser You can launch the Spotify app with this, but further controls for spotify haven't been implemented yet.

i cant edit her
eeee1234 You can change her outfit under the "Appearance" tab under the middle mouse menu. For further customization, go to "Settings" and "Import VROID model" and you can download any .vrm model from vroid.com and import that in. Hope that helps. :)

Can you chance the text to speech voice?
Also where is a good place to get lewd models?
meh65 Voice change for text to speech hasn't been implemented yet. However, you can find a lot of good lewd models from the vroid.com website. You can also download VroidStudio if you want to create your custom models. Hope that helps. :)

Reactions: kopaser and meh65
3.70 star(s) 3 Votes