• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Scruffles DEV

Fuckass
Game Developer
Oct 3, 2022
First time stumbling across this game. Looks pretty decent, so I'll give it a whirl.
One thing though. From the preview pics:

Is she just hella short? Or did you forget to scale things here? Kind of a wierd nitpick, I know, but door handles are designed/positioned/intended to be placed at waist level for the average person to maximize ease of use for the general public. This one is level with her shoulders somehow though? Like... what? :ROFLMAO:

Sorry, just one of those "One you see it, you can't un-see it." things.
Thanks for giving it a go!

Totally get it lol. I scale things around Daine (6'), including that door (measured myself at a door and everything, then eyeballed the heck out of it lol). She's barely over 5'. If the scale is wonky, it probably is.

Scruffles DEV

Fuckass
Game Developer
Oct 3, 2022
Why not give an option to play the sandbox version or the linear version? I don't like sandbox because I never know what to choose.
Awesome Idea, but I'm not so sure it would work particularly well with Detached, as when you do certain events also has an effect on the story/dialogue (albeit minor at this point, as a lot of things like event order, choices, and the sort are going matter a lot more in Chapter 2).

I feel like making a kinetic mode would limit what the player could achieve in terms of choices, and would also limit what the end outcomes could be because of this, as it would be built around the sandbox mode. I'm sure I could make it work with some thought though.

My main issue is that, at this stage, Detached is more of a hobby that I'm sharing with the world. I simply don't have the time to invest in creating a separate rework of code to convert it from Sandbox to Kinetic (I work full time and have a family).

I will definitely keep this in mind should I be able to invest more time into the project though. :)

Reactions: ArhraCole

Woodstock_1983

Sep 16, 2020
Awesome Idea, but I'm not so sure it would work particularly well with Detached, as when you do certain events also has an effect on the story/dialogue (albeit minor at this point, as a lot of things like event order, choices, and the sort are going matter a lot more in Chapter 2).

I feel like making a kinetic mode would limit what the player could achieve in terms of choices, and would also limit what the end outcomes could be because of this, as it would be built around the sandbox mode. I'm sure I could make it work with some thought though.

My main issue is that, at this stage, Detached is more of a hobby that I'm sharing with the world. I simply don't have the time to invest in creating a separate rework of code to convert it from Sandbox to Kinetic (I work full time and have a family).

I will definitely keep this in mind should I be able to invest more time into the project though. :)
Being you work and tend to a family, why not be come friends with other DEV and ask them to help you make a kinetic version?

nyatd

Creator Of Falling Stars
Game Developer
Jan 22, 2021
Being you work and tend to a family, why not be come friends with other DEV and ask them to help you make a kinetic version?
He tried making friends with me for this exact reason but I really like Detached the way it is, so I had to say no, unfortunately. Maybe Scruffles could talk someone like TheMagicalGurl into being his friend/unpaid worker?

DmytroFan

Aug 5, 2023
you know, maybe your game is not bad, but the stupidity when you press the same dialogues ENDLESSLY, it's maddening and we just delete the game , is it possible for you to do this when the dialogue has already been reviewed ,
stop repeating the same thing stupidly

Reactions: Scruffles DEV

yilkin

dl.rpdl.net
Donor
Feb 23, 2023
Detached-0.7.1
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.​

MrBenny

Jul 20, 2021

Thanks for providing the information I was searching for... Well I wanted to check and see if another format might have been added, that isn't a heavy sandbox.

For me, it took away from the already good story I was enjoying. And the fact I'm just not a sandbox fan, never have been.
Though, I hope your project does well...the story is good. B Regards.

Bob69

Uploading the World
Uploader
Donor
Mar 2, 2019
Detached [v0.7.1] [Scruffles] - Compressed

Use at your own risk.

Win/Linux [653 MB]
- - -

Mac [650 MB]
- - -

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
You definitely are.
The truth is that playing as someone other than the MC doesn't appeal to me at all. I like to play in an immersive way, and as I see it, all your character does is watch how someone else creates his own harem. A real turn down. I guess it won't be possible to play as the MC and not the entity that influences the MC, whatever that may be. Am I right?

Scruffles DEV

Fuckass
Game Developer
Oct 3, 2022
The truth is that playing as someone other than the MC doesn't appeal to me at all. I like to play in an immersive way, and as I see it, all your character does is watch how someone else creates his own harem. A real turn down. I guess it won't be possible to play as the MC and not the entity that influences the MC, whatever that may be. Am I right?
It's not entirely apparent that you're this secondary entity, aside from the grammar used in very specific (and few) situations, and hinted at through Daine's internal monologues in a very minor way.

As far as the gameplay goes, it's more or less like any other sandboxy VN.

It's fairly inconsequential, so much so that another F95 user made a mod that allows you to change Daine's name (though I'm not sure if it's been updated for the current release yet).

Scruffles DEV

Fuckass
Game Developer
Oct 3, 2022
Thanks for providing the information I was searching for... Well I wanted to check and see if another format might have been added, that isn't a heavy sandbox.

For me, it took away from the already good story I was enjoying. And the fact I'm just not a sandbox fan, never have been.
Though, I hope your project does well...the story is good. B Regards.
Completely fair! Thank you for the kind words.

Though in response to some similar complaints, I have, in recent updates, begun to work on making character events less reliant on wandering around and make some of them piggy back off of others. The result has been a lot less events required to be 'found' through poking around the sandbox.

Also, new in 0.7.1, I've added additional hints in character event screens that give you an approximate timeframe of when to trigger events that are found in the sandbox with a written indicator inside brackets beside the event titles: (Weekday/Weekend/*Specific Day of the Week*). This has been done to hopefully help with sandbox fatigue.

Thanks again for the suggestions and kind words!

Scruffles DEV

Fuckass
Game Developer
Oct 3, 2022
I do want to try playing the game, truly, but nearly 7 GB download... :eek:
It's definitely a chonker.

It's because I hate myself and refuse to budge on artistic endeavors once I have an idea in my head, and insisting on making static imagery as fluid and organic as possible, while also refusing to use much lighter sprites/background combinations resulting in the use of a stupid amount of renders just because I like having characters look and move around while standing/sitting in the same spot for a while like some kind of pretentious asshole artist type.

I genuinely appreciate and understand the hesitation lol.

Scruffles DEV

Fuckass
Game Developer
Oct 3, 2022
you know, maybe your game is not bad, but the stupidity when you press the same dialogues ENDLESSLY, it's maddening and we just delete the game , is it possible for you to do this when the dialogue has already been reviewed ,
stop repeating the same thing stupidly
Understandable criticism.

I can definitely look into being able to 'skip' repeatable generic events in the future, but I'm also trash at coding, so this is something that would require some research.

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
It's not entirely apparent that you're this secondary entity, aside from the grammar used in very specific (and few) situations, and hinted at through Daine's internal monologues in a very minor way.

As far as the gameplay goes, it's more or less like any other sandboxy VN.

It's fairly inconsequential, so much so that another F95 user made a mod that allows you to change Daine's name (though I'm not sure if it's been updated for the current release yet).
I, like I said, like to play immersively, so knowing beforehand that I'm playing as the entity influencing the MC and not the MC makes the experience much less rewarding. What I'm saying is that I can't play like I'm the MC because that's not the case, so what really is happening is that I'm seeing another guy's story through the eyes of the entity that's influencing him, and so for what you say, there aren't even many hints about what he does or thinks.

In my case, being able to change the name of the MC is not something that interests me: I always use the default one, and if there is none, I use Asdf as the name.

okokok

Aug 19, 2016
Don't think it matters too much but in the latest update Hide-and-Seek happened before The Fear of Being Left Out when the main events log says Fear is supposed to happen first

battali0n

Oct 30, 2021
3DCG, Animated, Male Protagonist, Exhibitionism, Harem, Milf, Titfuck, Oral Sex, Dating Sim, Horror, Humor, Sandbox, Virgin, Vaginal Sex, Superpowers, Creampie, Big Tits, Sleep Sex
Hi,
Your VN looks interesting but I haven't tried it yet because I have been waiting for your future tags to be listed.
A lot of developers throw in unexpected fetishes that ruin Li's or the entire game for some of us, so we have learned to ask.
So far all the tags look pretty Vanilla except for the Exhibitionism and Sleep Sex. Are any of these optional?
And what about other non-vanilla fetishes like Lesbian, NTR, Group sex, Female Domination, etc.
Do you intend to include any of these and will they be :
optional, as in the player decides whether they happen,
skippable, the MC doesn't see it but it still happens or
Forced and unavoidable?

3.60 star(s) 16 Votes