VN Ren'Py Onhold Detective: Purity & Decay what will you choose [v0.0.5] [Onhold] [Nijo]

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Nijokun

Game Developer
Jun 2, 2020
Cover.png

Overview:
You are going into the role of a detective who wants to follow in the footsteps of her father ...
you have to fight your way through puzzles of all kinds to find the puzzles and / or culprits
the game builds on game decisive decisions that can influence the game so choose your actions wisely​

Thread Updated: 2022-12-01
Release Date: 2022-11-01
Developer: Nijo - -
Censored: No
Version: 0.0.5
Language: English
Genre:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Changelog:

Developer Notes:

DOWNLOAD
Win/Linux
: - -
Mac: - -
Android: - -
Other:
COMPRESSED*

*This unofficial port/version is not released by developer, download at your own risk.

screenshot0003.png screenshot0005.png unknow (6).jpg o13.jpg 1243.jpg 1656.jpg 1556.jpg 1126.jpg 6.png introb.jpg 999.jpg 800.jpg 844.jpg 728.jpg self3.png home9.png home2.png op10.png

Last edited:

ben akeba

May 9, 2018
it's a definitve definite that this game lack content and any semblance of english due to the "prologue PART 1" and the summary T_T

Reactions: bosakpl

BrokenRose

Jan 21, 2018
Despite the dodgy English this looks great, especially if this is indeed Nijo's first Ren'Py project.

Pers0nas

Sensei Overnight
Game Developer
Aug 9, 2020
These renders look really great, and this might be more of a story focused game rather than one that focuses primarily on sex. I'll definitely try it when I get the chance, and good luck Nijo.

ansc

Jan 16, 2018
Ok, so...

1. The renders are good for Koikatsu. At times even impressive.

2. The 'Engrish' is moderately bad, the writing is boring. This is very fixable.

There was something that happened that needs to be re-thought, though...

I'll lay it out:

*flash*
a distorted smiley face appears-
and then a shot of the phrases "it is your fault" and "why didn't you stop him" repeated over and over in small font against a black background...

To say this is derivative of Lessons in Love would be charitable.

Dev, if you are reading this, you have a solid premise for a game here. Ripping other people's ideas is about the quickest way to dry up interest and good will possible.

More importantly, it means you aren't actually creating your own game.

I'm not even saying you necessarily need to change your story... just that it is an incredibly bad idea to rip a recurring image from one of the most popular koikatsu-graphics-based adult games out there.

Anyways, fix the 'Engrish' (or get a proofreader), get better at writing, and come up with your own unique ways of expressing the grief and self hatred your main character feels and you will have a game many people will love to play.

c'3st moi

May 11, 2021
From the pictures, I have the impression that this game is exclusively lesbian oriented.
Can anyone, who has tried it, confirm this?

Reactions: Bringbok

Nijokun

Game Developer
Jun 2, 2020
Since I don't own the thread yet, I'll just answer it below

ansc

I'm constantly trying to improve my English expression and writing. I was aware somewhere that this was going to be a big problem and as I said I'm in the process of improving it until it's no longer a problem.

because of the flash pictures it's true that i was inspired by lesson is love but after your post i will definitely try to make it unique so that it gets more of its own vibe

But the story that I came up with behind it is my own and I want to continue to implement it. I will only try to implement the "horror/scary" parts in such a way that they apply as if it is from this game

but in any case, many thanks for the groundbreaking tips

c'3st moi

no it's not you can also have relationships with male characters it is planned that it have a nice balance

BrokenRose

yes it's my first game i'm trying thanks

ploper26

Mar 15, 2019
Waiting for more content to form a definitive opinion, but for now, I really like that you actually control the MC. A lot of female protagonist games end feeling like you are a disconnected spectator / puppet master to the MC's actions, and it doesn't feel like that here.

Reactions: Nijokun

voyeurkind

Jan 26, 2018
I'd change the font, but so far I'm curious, and I like puzzles. I'll continue watching this one.

Oh, and the MC does spend significant time with a guy in the prologue, so I wouldn't say it's lesbian only.

Nijokun

Game Developer
Jun 2, 2020
I'd change the font, but so far I'm curious, and I like puzzles. I'll continue watching this one.

Oh, and the MC does spend significant time with a guy in the prologue, so I wouldn't say it's lesbian only.

Because the font is hard to read or because it is too thin ?

Also thank you for giving it a try ^^

voyeurkind

Jan 26, 2018
Because the font is hard to read or because it is too thin ?

Also thank you for giving it a try ^^
I'm old, so both of those issues are a problem. The font is definitely difficult for me to read, and the thinness of the letters doesn't help

Necrosian

Jul 26, 2017
After playing, i really like whats here already. Renders are nice and i like the style of characters. Can't really judge the story yet, but i like the characters that are present in prologue.
Few gripes i have are about the font, which sometimes have trouble reading and the text is slightly off center.
Also maybe add a default name to MC. I suck at naming characters XD

• Star-struck
5.00 star(s) 1 Vote