HTML [Dev Log] Grizzly Grove [Gay][v 0.18e]

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

KekKoo

Apr 4, 2018
I think its kinda hilarious that you had to put this in the post
From what I've gathered being on this site, you actually have to, or ONE PERSON at minimum will ask at some point. This also assumes those same people even bother to read the post, or even worse, aren't just doing it deliberately in the first place. But that's just me being peak cynical.

Rafster

Bear chaser
Game Developer
Mar 23, 2019
I think its kinda hilarious that you had to put this in the post
It often happens with the games with the gay tag. It's unavoidable, given the size and popularity of this site. Someone will ask on the first page even if I put it on the title.

Funny thing is, technically you can avoid every sex encounter on this game, so M/M sex can be avoided...but hey, where's the fun on that?

BTW, congratz on your game, it seems to be successful. I told ya, I always loved the UI style on your game.

Reactions: Whale_Shark

Whale_Shark

Talking Shark. Developer of Confidence Man
Game Developer
Sep 12, 2020
It often happens with the games with the gay tag. It's unavoidable, given the size and popularity of this site. Someone will ask on the first page even if I put it on the title.

Funny thing is, technically you can avoid every sex encounter on this game, so M/M sex can be avoided...but hey, where's the fun on that?

BTW, congratz on your game, it seems to be successful. I told ya, I always loved the UI style on your game.
Yeah you could probably call it "Big Fat Gay Game with Tons of Gay Sex," and people would still ask :rolleyes:

I played your demo and I think you're doing some really cool stuff! Especially the phone with the email and events mechanics. That shit is super cool and the function and style of it are top shelf! Keep it up!

Thanks about my game too. It seems like people like it and it makes me excited to keep working on it!

Reactions: Rafster

Rafster

Bear chaser
Game Developer
Mar 23, 2019
Version 0.15 09/10/2021 Gym Update, part 1

Special note for 0.15: Due to the change of the martial arts skill to fighting, players must start on a new game for this update. I'm very sorry for that.

Features:

• Changed the fitness skills of the game. Martial arts is renamed to Fighting, and both Muscle and Fighting skills now decrease if you don't practice in 4 days. To avoid that, you should join the gym on this update. Any muscle/fighting stat gain before the fourth day will avoid the decrease.
  • Implemented the cleanliness system on the game. It's a stat which will decrease from 100 over time (some actions accelerate the process). If you let the cleanliness go below 20, a blinking icon will show up, and some NPCs will react if the cleanliness of Ryan is below 20, even refusing sex (others may react the other way around. There are some pigs around this city). To avoid it, take a shower on home from time to time (it will return it back to 100). Be mindful that taking a shower or a bath will use soap bars. You can buy them on the Convenience store on the mall. There will be other locations to recover cleanliness, like the showers on JCS, so keep an aye on them.
  • Added a shower section on JCS to have a shower if needed.
  • Replaced the gym instructors names, for Roy and Garrett. Because I like them more xD.
  • Added the Grizzly Cave Gym location to the map. To unlock it, you must assist to the demonstration on the Bear Claw shopping mall (Random event on the mall. Just hang around there) and train with one of the instructors.
  • Added the first day scene for both instructors.
  • Added the training sessions on the muscle section of the gym, both alone and with Roy, the instructor. Also, 2 sex scenes with Roy were added, but one is unavailable for now. It will be available later when the Brawler's pit event gets added.
  • Added the solo training sessions on the fighting area. The training partners will be added on the next update.

Bug Fixes

• Fixed a severe bug that affected users with lower resolutions than 1280x1024. The vertical and horizontal scrollbars were enabled so the players now can navigate through the whole screen. It does not fix completely the game at lower resolutions, but now players will be able to see the whole screen. It's recommended for players below 1280x1024 to hide the sidebar to see most of the screen or use the zoom functions of your browser/device (on PC -firefox- you can use ctrl+mouse wheel to zoom out). Thank you to the discord users for bringing this to my attention.
  • Rebalanced all the skill gains through the game, and lowered some requirements.
  • Fixed a non working sex scene with Brian (JCS Gym).
  • Enabled working on Saturday at JCS.
  • Fixed Current location not updating after being sent directly to a location (for example, when you are sent home after finishing each job on JCS, or when you click on the job alert to go directly to JCS).
  • Fixed showing Dalton's office instead of apartment's image on the rent payment event.
  • Disabled the promotion event at the end of level 1 of JCS until the level 2 is implemented.

surfpup

Jun 23, 2021
It's fun already. Some really hot pictures. Did I miss the part where it tells you how much rent is? I looked at the event planner, and it shows Monthly rent payment Start and End both at 10/09/2021? I'm trying to figure out if I can afford to buy anything, and I'm clueless, but that might just be me being stupid. Gonna need soap soon.
Restarting is no problem.
On the Select a random image option for your character, it might be better to cycle through them than to actually randomize the picture? I was going for a certain image (one I had before), and luck wasn't with me, so there was quite a bit of clicking and seeing unwanted images multiple times before finding the one I wanted. Not a big deal. Thanks for the update!

Rafster

Bear chaser
Game Developer
Mar 23, 2019
I looked at the event planner, and it shows Monthly rent payment Start and End both at 10/09/2021?
I'll look it up today, thanks for bringing this to my attention. The rent is now at 350$.

Edit: I just checked ingame today, and it shows me:

Start: 10/10/2021 08:00
End: 10/10/2021 23:59

The event only last 1 day, that's why you see the same date, but it's different hours. Can you give a screenshot on your event planner?

Last edited:

surfpup

Jun 23, 2021
1631295900148.png . I mean that's about the same as what I see, but I don't really know what it means. What is the 24 hour event? You don't pay rent daily, right? I don't understand the significance of the end date time. It's 10/18 in-game now. I haven't paid anything to anyone. It says I haven't missed a rent payment. I was thinking you paid monthly? Wouldn't the due date be the end of the event? I would expect the event planner to say something like $350, due 11/9, or whenever it is actually due. Again, sorry if I'm being stupid.

Rafster

Bear chaser
Game Developer
Mar 23, 2019
View attachment 1397817 . I mean that's about the same as what I see, but I don't really know what it means. What is the 24 hour event? You don't pay rent daily, right? I don't understand the significance of the end date time. It's 10/18 in-game now. I haven't paid anything to anyone. It says I haven't missed a rent payment. I was thinking you paid monthly? Wouldn't the due date be the end of the event? I would expect the event planner to say something like $350, due 11/9, or whenever it is actually due. Again, sorry if I'm being stupid.
No worries, let me explain: You pay the rent monthly, counting 1 month since you start the game. For example, in your screenshot says: October 09, 2020, from 8:00 to 23:59 (I put it on the english notation: mm/dd/yyyy). It means you still have 1 month to gather the 350 bucks for the payment. You're now on september 11, so it's logical that you don't have to pay yet.

I considered a daily rent...but it's a real pressure and I don't like that system (it's the system used in hornstown)

When you get to October 9th, you can pay a visit to dalton (from your house living room) to pay the rent (or have some fun with him...who knows)

surfpup

Jun 23, 2021
Ok, thank you for explaining! I was thinking my game time was in October, not September, so that's where the end time confused me. It happens when I play games late into the night after my brain has died.

Last edited:

Rafster

Bear chaser
Game Developer
Mar 23, 2019
Ok, thank you for explaining! I was thinking my game time was in October, not September, so that's where the end time confused me. It happens when I play games late into the night after my brain has died.
No worries man.

By the way guys, thanks to the feedback everyone gave me, I need to take a look on the general style of the game (Fonts, adding backgrounds or not...even the style of the buttons) so I'll be taking the whole weekend to start changing it. Expect the game with a new coat of paint next week. I'll be posting pics of the progress as soon as I'm happy with them (and that, is a loooong process :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: ). I'm so glad I started this dev log thread ... this wouldn't be possible without you guys :D thank you so much.

Last edited:

Oliz82

Mar 15, 2021
Hello.

Overall, this update was really interesting. The gym is really well equipped. The weights area is too similar to JCS Gym though. The only purpose for now is Roy and what could happen with him. That could change if we don't work at JCS. Or you could have different training methods at the two locations. For the fighting skills at the ring, it was amusing though I was sad that nobody came to help the MC with all the people we encountered on the first day. Since you've included a decrease to the stats, you should put a notice next to the stat (like last training was X days ago) or just a count down or up depending what you choose (next training or efficacity remaining).
The cleanliness system : I didn't try going to the extreme so I can't really tell. But the cleanliness of the appart seems useless as of now since we never receive anybody. The only use would be training. I don't know if the message concerning the state of the appart is frequent but I've seen it for the first time on the day of the rent. Since this stat is becoming so significant, you should think to move it under Sex Drive on the left.
I've finally been able to have sex with Louie and Brian since you repaired the scenes, so thank you.
We can work on saturday but it's the same as a week day. I was hoping for something different (like nude training, VIP clients...). So as of now, I prefer doing other things.
The rebalance of the skill gains is good. Some stats are still hard to increase (intelligence, computer or anal top) but it's not really useful after 20/30 so I'll wait for now. My only problem is with the attitude stat : the only way to increase it is to help women in trouble at the mall (outside one option the first encounter with the 2 evolving relationships). It's too little since it decreases easily when you practice the kinks stats (one time with Clay in the basement of one of the clients and already -5, maybe more, I was too shocked by the number).

We can encounter Wade the first day at the gym or while training by yourself even if we never encountered him before. The same for the gloryhole or the restroom sinks, we can have sex with him even if we never encountered him nor have sex with him before.

The time doesn't move when we "Take a quick shower" and "Wait near the restroom sinks to see if someone wants some sex".

Since you want to sell the condoms at 2 locations, there should be a difference between them (quantity, quality, flavor). Otherwise it's repetitive so not very useful.
The Bear's Den Clothnig Store shouldn't appear if there's nothing to do there yet. You could make us buy the "Suit and tie" if you want it to exist.

There should be a penalty if we go to bed too late (like you go to bed at 3AM and you're as fresh as if you go to bed at 00:00 when you get up at 8AM?)

If you go to work at 9am, there's a message on the left saying you're late though you're just on time.

In the last sentence of some sex scenes, the icon is grey and not the character we have sex with (Louie, Brian or Marcus; cf files). There are 2 links at the end when we have sex with Brian (cf files).

I've got a message saying my relationship with Marcus leveled up but it's still at 100/100. It's to unlock the love stat or you want to increase the friendship stat?

I found an error when we have sex with Roy (cf files).

There's a sentence when we distract Bob while waiting for help that seems strange. "like the fucker who did this to us a time ago". It should be "some time ago" or "a long time ago". Or my english isn't as good as I thought, sorry (cf files).

With the apparition of the gym and the future police location, I hope we'll know what happened to Bob and possibly help him and the other victims.

Concerning the rent event, I was thinking of a simple message like "rent due on x" but it could destroy your idea of event.

You're glad to have started this dev log thread but we're all thankful you've shared your game with us.

Rafster

Bear chaser
Game Developer
Mar 23, 2019
First of all, sorry for the radio silence. I've been working nonstop since last saturday on the re-skin of the game (changing the font, the sidebar style, background for pop-up dialogs, backgrounds for most of the screens, redesign of the dialog boxes, adding more portraits, etc....) and it's way harder than I thought at first, but I think you will like it. You'll have more news about this very soon.

Oli, thank you for you detailed feedback. I'll try to answer as best as I can.

For the fighting skills at the ring, it was amusing though I was sad that nobody came to help the MC with all the people we encountered on the first day
I know. My plan was releasing the partner training and the tournament in one go, but I had to upload that update for the fixes (especially for people with lower resolution devices). After I deal with the bear game's makeover, I'll finish the gym content.

Since you've included a decrease to the stats, you should put a notice next to the stat (like last training was X days ago) or just a count down or up depending what you choose (next training or efficacity remaining).
Noted on the idea list, I could add a notification when there's one day left.

I don't know if the message concerning the state of the appart is frequent but I've seen it for the first time on the day of the rent. Since this stat is becoming so significant, you should think to move it under Sex Drive on the left.
You mean, the apartment's cleanliness? it's incomplete right now, you're supposed to get sick if you don't clean your apartment in weeks. But as it now, it's incomplete. But it will make sense once I do the health system.

We can work on saturday but it's the same as a week day. I was hoping for something different (like nude training, VIP clients...). So as of now, I prefer doing other things.
Yeah, I see saturday more to work optionally. The activities you suggest, are more fit for the level 2 of the job, since Ryan will become a VIP cleaner and he can do those activities. Now, having said that, VIP clients is a GOOD IDEA, and I could add a mission for that (for example, I still have to write Dalton's optional jobs)

My only problem is with the attitude stat : the only way to increase it is to help women in trouble at the mall (outside one option the first encounter with the 2 evolving relationships). It's too little since it decreases easily when you practice the kinks stats (one time with Clay in the basement of one of the clients and already -5, maybe more, I was too shocked by the number).
Yeah, attitude is a problem, and I need more scenes where we can take an approach that raise/lower the attitude stats. I'll keep in mind for the future JCS level 2 and 3 jobs, and I'm also planning random events on the map, and those might be good chances to implement that. And let's not forget the hospital either, where a doctor can help you with those stats. I'm aware of how hard is right now, and it's a priority too.

We can encounter Wade the first day at the gym or while training by yourself even if we never encountered him before. The same for the gloryhole or the restroom sinks, we can have sex with him even if we never encountered him nor have sex with him before.
Wade is a disaster as a character....and I realized it very late. It should have been like Mack, with his friendship rate and have a logical presentation...I'm going to have a long and hard look at this character. You can be sure of it.

The time doesn't move when we "Take a quick shower" and "Wait near the restroom sinks to see if someone wants some sex"
I fixed the quick shower on JCS, and the mall's restroom sex sequences. Time will move on 15 mins for the showers, 30 mins for sex. Thank you for reporting in.

Since you want to sell the condoms at 2 locations, there should be a difference between them (quantity, quality, flavor). Otherwise it's repetitive so not very useful.
The Bear's Den Clothnig Store shouldn't appear if there's nothing to do there yet. You could make us buy the "Suit and tie" if you want it to exist.
Condoms are a placeholder, but they will be useful once I start to implement the health system completely, and yeah, all stores are empty right now (with the exception of the convenience store, with the soap bars). I'm gonna dedicate an entire update to add more items to each store.

Bear's den will have some sense when the clothing system is working, but yeah, it's suffering the same as the other stores.

There should be a penalty if we go to bed too late (like you go to bed at 3AM and you're as fresh as if you go to bed at 00:00 when you get up at 8AM?)
You're a hardcore player, eh? just my kind. Another suggestion for the idea list, I never thought about that.

If you go to work at 9am, there's a message on the left saying you're late though you're just on time.
That is another case of me, and my weird wording. You're supposed to go to work between 8:00 and 8:59...if you get to 9:00 is counted as late. I changed the words on the notification to be more clear about this.

In the last sentence of some sex scenes, the icon is grey and not the character we have sex with (Louie, Brian or Marcus; cf files). There are 2 links at the end when we have sex with Brian (cf files).
And you have found a function that I didn't know it would work! when you get high stats on at least one of the sex skills, npcs should compliment you and the game would gave you skill bonuses on top of that. But the comments use the default portrait...and aren't making any sense on each sex situation...so I disabled the comments for now and left the extra bonuses. So if you see extra perversion gains, now you know why :p . I have rethink that part.

I've got a message saying my relationship with Marcus leveled up but it's still at 100/100. It's to unlock the love stat or you want to increase the friendship stat?
Yeah, before I redesigned the friendship/romance part a couple of updates ago, going from a friendship to a romance was almost automatic...now it isn't (it will require some special events for each character, like dalton or Mack) so the romance stat is not supposed to start right away.

I found an error when we have sex with Roy (cf files).
Thank you for reporting in. The neutral dialogs had an error, and they were fixed.

There's a sentence when we distract Bob while waiting for help that seems strange. "like the fucker who did this to us a time ago". It should be "some time ago" or "a long time ago". Or my english isn't as good as I thought, sorry (cf files).
Hah, your english is way,way better than mine. I corrected that bit of dialogue.

With the apparition of the gym and the future police location, I hope we'll know what happened to Bob and possibly help him and the other victims
Bob ...
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Concerning the rent event, I was thinking of a simple message like "rent due on x" but it could destroy your idea of event.
Unfortunately, yeah, I feel it changes a bit the idea of the event. Maybe I can rename it to Rent Payment day, or something like that.

You're glad to have started this dev log thread but we're all thankful you've shared your game with us.
And I'm glad you took all the time to play and give me this valuable feedback. Thank you so much :love:

Last edited:

Oliz82

Mar 15, 2021
Hello.

First of all, sorry for the radio silence. I've been working nonstop since last saturday on the re-skin of the game (changing the font, the sidebar style, background for pop-up dialogs, backgrounds for most of the screens, redesign of the dialog boxes, adding more portraits, etc....) and it's way harder than I thought at first, but I think you will like it. You'll have more news about this very soon.

Oli, thank you for you detailed feedback. I'll try to answer as best as I can.
No problem. I thought it was the case since you mentioned it in your post above mine.
And you're welcome if I can help even a little.

You mean, the apartment's cleanliness? it's incomplete right now, you're supposed to get sick if you don't clean your apartment in weeks. But as it now, it's incomplete. But it will make sense once I do the health system.
"The dust and dirty is becoming noticeable on your apartment. You should clean it." I was talking about this message. I found it strange it appeared the same day as the rent, that's why I asked.
But you almost answered about it in your reply.

You're a hardcore player, eh? just my kind. Another suggestion for the idea list, I never thought about that.
Not really. But I found it strange that you can party all night and go to work, to school or anything else without being tired or a little drunk. Though I may analyze too much since it's just a game (a porn game to be precise), sorry.

Bob ...
I know.
But he fell victim to the drugs too though his motive might differ from others.

I forgot to ask about the lunch with Mr Jhonson. At some point, to increase their relationship points, I did it everyday but it's hard to keep doing it with what we gain.
Something else : have you already thought of a way to interact with Mr Jhonson if we don't work at JCS, since the event at the mall only happen after increasing the relationship at some point?

Thanks a lot for your explainations. :)

Rafster

Bear chaser
Game Developer
Mar 23, 2019
Time for latest update on how things are going. But first I have to reply:

I forgot to ask about the lunch with Mr Jhonson. At some point, to increase their relationship points, I did it everyday but it's hard to keep doing it with what we gain.
I intended it that way on purpose, at least until you get to JCS level 2, where more events with him will be available. Because the deadline for the romance will start there, and you will need the 100 FR points with him in order to progress to romance. Don't worry, there will be more ways to interact with him.

Something else : have you already thought of a way to interact with Mr Jhonson if we don't work at JCS, since the event at the mall only happen after increasing the relationship at some point?
Jhonson is a crazy workaholic, he only goes from his house to work, and back. That's why I put his romance/interactions so closely tied with JCS, unlike other characters like Mack or Wade. But I was also planning to enable chatting with him through the smartphone, even setting up a date with him that way.

And as for how I'm doing lately...the reboot of the Ui is going alright...I'm redoing every passage, and I'm at the mall so far. BTW, I had to re-write All-In-One Convenience store almost completely. As Oliz82 pointed out, Wade's character wasn't making any sense...so I transformed him in a character like Mack, with a friendship meter. He will have an introductory scene on the store (or the gym if you don't know him when you join) and now you can chat with him there to gain friendship (and a sex scene if you have enough friendship). Also, the foursome scene with his two buddies was moved to the random scenes. There will be one with Wade and Ryan taking a break and doing some talking and if your friendship is high enough the foursome scene will be unlocked. Social points will no longer be needed for wade's sex scenes on the mall anymore.

I initially planned the next update for tomorrow...but it won't be ready, but at most it will be at next week After I'm done with JCS lvl 1 and the gym.

Last edited:

ryanstevenz

Aug 25, 2019
Time for latest update on how things are going. But first I have to reply ...
Hey mate, I know I'm not the most helpful lurker here in terms of giving feedback, but I really appreciate how engaged you are on this thread. And I hope you don't feel pressured to work so hard on this, I can appreciate you have life/other things to do. I guess this is my way of saying that I really like what you're making and I want to cheer you on through the long haul, and want this to remain as enjoyable for you as it is for us.

blackcat0610

Sep 25, 2021
After playing Hornstown , I began to like this sandbox word game. I like your works very much, and I very much look forward to the plot of surrender and control and some more BDSM plots. Sorry, forgive my personal hobbies and my poor english .

• Red Heart

Rafster

Bear chaser
Game Developer
Mar 23, 2019
After playing Hornstown , I began to like this sandbox word game. I like your works very much, and I very much look forward to the plot of surrender and control and some more BDSM plots. Sorry, forgive my personal hobbies and my poor english .
Thank you for your kind words, and everyone else who encourages me through this process. Reading this thread just makes me want to work harder.

Oh, and the remake of the Ui is still in progress (now I'm at JCS). A big shoutout to Whale_Shark , who gave me a lot of suggestions on the new Ui. I should post pics...but I don't want to spoil it yet...since there is no new content on the next update (I'm sorry for that, but the redesign took a lot longer than I expected initially). The next update will be the same bear, but with a different fur :)

Whale_Shark

Game Developer
Sep 12, 2020
Oh, and the remake of the Ui is still in progress (now I'm at JCS). A big shoutout to @Whale_Shark , who gave me a lot of suggestions on the new Ui. I should post pics...but I don't want to spoil it yet...since there is no new content on the next update (I'm sorry for that, but the redesign took a lot longer than I expected initially). The next update will be the same bear, but with a different fur :)
The redesign is going to look so fucking fresh! You are all gonna like it

Reactions: Oliz82 and Rafster

Oliz82

Mar 15, 2021
Hello.
Thank you for your kind words, and everyone else who encourages me through this process. Reading this thread just makes me want to work harder.

Oh, and the remake of the Ui is still in progress (now I'm at JCS). A big shoutout to Whale_Shark , who gave me a lot of suggestions on the new Ui. I should post pics...but I don't want to spoil it yet...since there is no new content on the next update (I'm sorry for that, but the redesign took a lot longer than I expected initially). The next update will be the same bear, but with a different fur :)
The redesign is going to look so fucking fresh! You are all gonna like it
And I like when devs help each other and share with us (though I don't understand technical things). Seeing a project from the start to the end is always interesting.

Whale_Shark

Game Developer
Sep 12, 2020
And I like when devs help each other and share with us (though I don't understand technical things). Seeing a project from the start to the end is always interesting.
low key I'm just giving Rafster more work to do and setting expectations higher...so...

Edit: I'm still confident you will all like it

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes