Ren'Py - Deviant Anomalies [v0.9.5] [MoolahMilk]

1. 2.00 star(s)

Noid42

I have no idea why this game is so highly rated. (v0.4.5)

The renders and animations are nice, and that's pretty much the only great thing I found about the game.
    Other than that - the characters are completely cliché *LIGHT SPOILERS*
    Want that innocent corruptible little sister? you got it. powerful businesswoman finding her submissive side while losing control? yup. quirky sex depraved female scientist? yup.
    The writing is funny at times, most other times it drones on and on, throwing a bunch of random uninteresting facts about flat characters in a amateur-ish attempt to make them... well, less flat? it doesn't work.
    The gameplay is unimpressive, another one of these sandbox games with different events happening in different times. its a bearable concept but feels worse than usually because the game seriously lacks content, most of the days you'll do one single thing and spam money generator/pass time for the rest of the day. and while not awfuly so it does feel a bit grindy. especially at points near the end of an update.
    choices doesn't have much impact so far, but I'm a kinetic-novel type of guy so it didn't bother me.
    Some seriously basic things are missing (interaction with sister in the kitchen), and I did encounter a couple of non gamebreaking bugs nothing too major tho.

Overall its a skippable game for now. maybe with a bunch of extra content and the streamlining of the sandbox aspect it would be worth a revisite.

TL; DR -
    Why should I play it?:
    -renders and animations
    Why shouldn't I?:
    Writing, gameplay, or amount of content.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

TadStrange

So this game is definitely a must play, I strongly recommend anyone that is into mystery and the paranormal to check it out. The music is nice on top of the humor in it. The renders are chef's kiss on top of that. I'm not the biggest fan of sandboxes, but this one is definitely an exception. Especially when you see how much effort this dev has put into their entire system and setup like it's hella impressive. The characters all have distinct personalities and their own lovable qualities that really hook you. The work put into their designs was another thing that hooked me into the game, even the MC has a unique look you don't see like in most HS games. Big kudos to you MoolahMilk and may this game succeeds and rises in popularity. Keep up the awesome work!
  3. 5.00 star(s)

Kenrockkun

First time writing a review after playing a lot of games. This game is just like it's made for my sexual fantasy. It has all the kinks that I love and actually wanted. Dev are you sure you are not my doppelganger. So let's get right into the game. The Female characters and their body structure is 10/10 no kidding. I actually came to fap but this game has a very immersive story that will suck you right in. I actually played it in slow pace, enjoying every part of the game, be it story of sex scenes. Also if you love Milfs(Milfs are the best, I hope we get into a good relationship with both of them in the further series), Dominating women, big ass, nice titties. Then this game is for you
  4. 5.00 star(s)

slavesrus

Awesome game. Great story, great graphs, and good humor. Good looking girls, and nun poon. Need I say more. Holy sleepless nights batman. Oh, and lesbo nuns too, Holy strap-on batman. Riddle me this, why haven't you downloaded. Actually theres no sex with the nuns yet. But looks promising, a lot of innuendo. I suggest trying it. Dickskull and Eather give it two tits up.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

fedoraTipping

First, probably last review for me. This game very special for me. The characters are not there to just jerk off to, but the option is definitely there if you want it. The story is very very good, coming from a Tarantino fan. It doesn't take itself too seriously, but there are parts that brought me to tears
    You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
    I also love the fact that MC is a blank slate that also tells his personal story when the write thinks its right to do so.
    The theme involves some supernatural stuff that might caused by MC's personal life. Which I every much love.
    I hate open world VN's, but this one just hit the sweet spot of not having to wait and click around too much to get to some scenes, while giving players a sense of discovery. The world feels lived in with realistic stories and characters.
    The sexy parts are well done, and I love that this game can have hardcore sex scenes but keeping it congruent with the theme. And I might even would like it more if there more hardcore stuff, within the boundaries of the character involved of course.
    The dev also gives updates and replies frequently.
    This game is VN entertainment in the highest order. You should play this game regardless of your preference on story heavy or sex heavy games. Looking forward to the upcoming update.
  6. 1.00 star(s)

RandomGuy99

Review version of 0.92 Beta
    The Good
    • Good Renders
    • One of the VN with a unique game mechanics
    • Story is appealing with a good blend of Sherlock Holmes + Horror
    • If you like Ahegao, then this is for you
    • Good balance of humor, mystery and horror
    The Bad
    • A lot of quest and side quests that ends up no where. There is no real story progression but a lot of filler events that is semi complete
    • The corruption/stat mechanism is almost not relevant as there is no actual story/scene for it.
    • UI is messy and can sometimes have counter intuitive design.
    • Some progress/story/quest of the game will disappear from version to version as the dev try to fix the bugs making it confusing to play.
    • Extremely long release window between version and often buggy during the initially release
    • The dev is trying to add too many elements making the story all over the place. Too many side quest, girls and mini games that is done half way but not really meaningful to the main story. This cause the game to feel grindy and NOT delivering a story.
    Nutshell: A wasted opportunity for it to be one of the best in the genre. Now it is just a hot mess. The dev have also stated there will no release window in future. Potentially Patrons will be paying for a game that will never be completed /abandon.

Warning: The dev might be the next ICSTOR
  7. 5.00 star(s)

Zoranian

Everything in this game is excellent. the visuals, smut,writing and gameplay are all fantastic, I could write a long review raving about how good it is but there's plenty of those in here, so I'm going to try to highlight some of the things that stood up in my opinion compared to other games in here that are on the "top"

First of all the gameplay is actually fun, there's puzzles and mini games that are innovative compared to all, yes all of the erotic games on this site. they don't feel grindy and the investigation gameplay just require you to pay a little attention to your surroundings or clues given via dialogue, there's also an inbuilt hint system, which is great in case you get stuck or forget something. I found that the dialogues often give you all the information you need to advance so you won't use it very much but I'm really glad that it's there.
    I like that you get bonus stat points for paying attention or solving puzzles.

The UI is extremely convenient and slick, in my opinion the best out of all the games at this site, getting around isn't much of a hassle as in other games

Be careful of Witcher 3 Level sidequests xD

For those of you that love or don't love Femdom should know that it's optional, and unlike most of the femdom content that is on here it's actually leaning towards the sensual side than the bratty type of femdom, which is quite refreshing in my opinion. you can also pick the nicknames you want the use during the sexual scenes which gives them additional flavor, not to mention certain nicknames are a turnoff for some people so that's a bonus.

You also don't get locked out of femdom/maledom scenes if you have negative/postive karma which is fantastic in my opinion. You can be nice and still get Dom scenes and vice versa, hopefully it'll remain that way, the dev did mention something about unlocking the other "paths" via a bit of grinding in the future, which is a great solution in my opinion.

To sum it up I think this one is the one to watch for and back up on patron if you have the means, the foundation of this one is fantastic and the pace of releases is good and consistent. and if you can't back it just leave a like or a review so it gets more visibility, every bit helps.
  8. 5.00 star(s)

dazzed

Great game! Models, animations and writing are top quality. Good mix of different gameplay elements (puzzle, dialog, scenes, ...). Could use more interactions with characters outside their storyline, but I am sure this is going to be added later on. Looking forward to what's in store with the next updates.
  9. 5.00 star(s)

burrito107

Have to agree with everyone that this game is amazing. The visual are outstanding, and the writing is fantastic as well. To top it off, the sex scenes are hot as hell - in particular I love how dark the dev allows the player to get in some scenes.

The only nit I have is that, playing on Linux, I sometimes have a hard time clicking some icons (e.g. the map icon). I have to hover over it for a second or two to try to get it to highlight. This may be due to the renpy version on Linux - I haven't looked into that at all. Regardless, this is very minor issue and doesn't really detract from the overall experience.
  10. 5.00 star(s)

Deleted member 216358

Version reviewed: v0.4.3

What really sets this game apart from many is the excellent story and writing. This is the bread and butter of any good game. Few games do a great job with both the story and the writing, this game does both.

Character development is good. There is a decent amount of content to play through in the current version.

The detective events are done very well and are quite interesting and engaging.

The lewd and sex scenes are well done and the animations are good.

My biggest complaint with the game is the choice of using Honey Select. The author does a good job with improving the Honey Select models (except for their faces) and the Honey Select models look better than most games out there using it.

One problem with the character models is that 80% of them all have very similar faces. It's like they all used the same base template and only minor changes were made. If you took away their eye color, hairstyle, and hair color, it would be very difficult to tell all the females apart!

One minor complaint is that there is no bathroom icon on the top of the screen. I had a hard time finding the bathroom at the beginning of the game. It was attached to the kitchen for some reason and it was the only way to access it. The author did say that he planned on fixing this in the next release.

Overall, the game execution is extremely good. I was very impressed with the game! If the game used HD and detailed character models (DAZ 3D or something similar) it would be close to perfect. The character models are good enough to get the job done however.

I highly recommend this game and encourage others to give it a try!
  11. 5.00 star(s)

kxjw

Review for 0.4.3.

FANTASTIC sandbox game.
    • Good UI - navigation is quick and straightforward. There's an inventory, a questlog that splits into Main/Side, and a girl tracker. Wish there was a button to jump straight from the overworld to your room though.
    • Gameplay exists - VNs with zero gameplay are everywhere. This one has gameplay for both story progression and sexual content. Super refreshing. There seems to be branching decisions
    • Great renders, beautiful models, and top tier animations
    • Diverse cast of characters
    • The story has good pacing and is interesting. I'm drawn in and am excited to see what happens. There also appears to be branches depending on your decisions, but I'm not sure what they are yet
    • Freedom of fetish choices. Never seen this before, where you can choose either dom or sub with some characters and the dialogue & sexual content also reflects your choice. (If you want to see both, just save at the choice screen and play through both scenes)
    I'd say the only con is that you choose a "talent" at the start of the game without knowing how these talents affect gameplay. Generally I think that's a bad design decision, but honestly it's barely a con.
  12. 5.00 star(s)

Bogkun

This has been by far one of the most engrossing and engaging Renpy games I’ve experienced in a long time. The potential being presented here is immeasurable and every new update improves the quality by leaps and bounds.

With beautifully rendered models and all lewd scenes fully animated, it presents a story that elevates it far beyond what most corruption fetish games are. The characters feel real and engaging and I cannot recommend it enough.

Bottom line, play this game, follow its progress, and support the hell out of this dev as they are clearly going places!
  13. 5.00 star(s)

Derik X

Hi MoolahMilk, I just found this game yesterday, I saw your comment in some other game and followed your profile to this game. I am glad I did, after playing some of the games here it becomes more repetitive or content is very predictable. I like some fresh elements of moving forward with the game like some detective work, man I got stuck with few of those clues and stuff, I followed your discord for Beatrice.

Anyhow, the game is great,
    Animation I approve you make good effort in those with sounds added too, even small breathing movements makes it more lively 5 Stars
    Story Dialogue: I like how there is some intelligence behind the sentences not simple dumb What!! why.. whining etc.. and humor too. 5 Stars
    Renders I love them , very few scary scenes but it's no big deal, Most of them are beautiful hot gorgeous Ladies. fun to watch the variety 5 Stars

Now, I wanted to say a few things I found could make simple minded gamers like myself easy to follow, some clues are not popping out enough in the background , hard to click them unless I know what to look, especially the Window clue, why would I even think of clicking that, some highlight would be appreciated, I understand we are doing detective work, but help is needed to avoid grinding out to figure things. I understand the game is ongoing and there are updates to be expected, so, some elements like buy the key in hardware store online made me wonder where to find it.. running around for a while, later realized it's in next update. So, please mark them as "next update" like you do for quests. Thank you for this wonderful job of bringing this game to life, it's really good. I am waiting for new updates.
  14. 5.00 star(s)

jmcronshaw

Excellent game. One of the best looking honey select games i've seen. Some great characters and a really engaging story set in an interesting universe. Sex scenes are all pretty great and some really nice custom animations. The setting is pretty dark though and the MC can be very evil if you let him. Even the "good" path has some actions that might give some people some pause. Not a game for people looking for romance though it looks like there will be opportunities for sweetness and love, just not in a more traditional manner. Not for someone uncomfortable with male or female dom as nearly all of the sex scenes have one of those dynamics. But if you feel like you can deal with it or if you enjoy those things highly recommended for the engaging and well written narrative and tremendous looking sex scenes
  15. 5.00 star(s)

Thedarklord314

This game is a masterpiece. Never failed to excite me. The ero scenes, the detective-like solving problems, extreme fetish, funny mc, and animations, d*mn! This game is awesome! Fantastic! Superb! Those many weeks of waiting for the update is truly worth it! Love the drunk Sage scene! The depravity level is out of this world. Hahaha make more scenes like that. Keep it up MoolahMilk!
  16. 5.00 star(s)

elm0

review based on 0.4.2 version
    PRO:
    - good cg
    - good animations
    - many hints presents ig
    - not bad story
    - good ui
    CONS:
    - some deadends not marked ig
    - not real flaw but some event chans finished in a middle(y,y wip, early stage devt)
    - many scrap/"artifacts" in code like:
    "Let's Fuck" if eleanor.eventscale == 100: while eleanor.eventscale maximum is 13
    if inventory.has_item(mask): in shop scene, while mc unable to get mask so early
    if miabr_spreadlegs == False and mia.submissive >= 10: at game start
    elif mia.submissive >=15: while this variable cnt be greather than 4 by code
    "You have gained 2 Eleanor Karma points!" but no such action here, like ele_karma += 2
    - many game mechanics not implemented yet, like karma/stats

game have good potential, not bad in current state, but dnt expect many content and long story
  17. 5.00 star(s)

youngethan

It's rare to find a game here that makes me think about my decisions so carefully. The mysteries are fun to solve and the characters are fun to interact with. Generally not a fan of Honey Select, but this one is definitely an exception to the rule. 8.5/10, because some of the choices towards the beginning felt a little railroaded. 5 stars because it's still a WIP but has great potential.
  18. 5.00 star(s)

Horny

v0.4.1

Deviant Anomalies is one of the highest quality Honey Select games on this site, right up there with The Inn, House in the Rift, Mythic Manor, Once in a lifetime etc. The renders are absolutely top of class, and I love the mysterious and horror vibe. Characters are also cute, attractive and memorable, each with its own sassy personality and expressions that makes for engaging dialogues. I haven't yet completely finished the story but in short I highly recommend it.

Story: 10/10
    Girl looks: 10/10
    Girl personalities: 10/10
    Character development: 8/10 (the pacing can be a bit better)
    Renders: 10/10
    Animation: 10/10
    Dialogues: 10/10
  19. 5.00 star(s)

Erodragoon

Category: Video Game
    Version: 0.3.2
    Visual novel/Script: 5
    Gaming experience: 5
    Graphic quality: 5
    Character development: 4
    Xcitement: 4

Considerations:
    Very nice. Sandbox game with a good plot, interesting and mysterious.
    Maybe it has some grind at start as you cannot do two things at the same time (follow more than one plot thread). When you get the secondary missions it gets better. However, navigating through the map is quite fast. There are some shortcuts, specially at home. It would be better with more things to do, or even a forward time shortcut to work in your computer, as is the always available task so far.
    Easter eggs or random encounters would help cope with grind as well as keeping attention focused.
    Characters are pretty, different from each other. On the graphic side is very good, though sometimes girls head size is quite small, or maybe hands too big, but proportions seem quite "unusual".
    Cases are great to work with, interesting and refreshing.
    The tested version is playable with some minor bugs (Sometimes, in the afternoon mia is in the cafe and also in the bathroom) that do not affect gameplay.
    Nice work, keep up.
  20. 5.00 star(s)

MinjaBr

A amazing game, the artwork is on it's own league, the story has been really interesting so far, manages to make you care about the characters.
    In overall shows amazing potential for the future, and the present content doesn't disappoint