Ren'Py - Deviant Anomalies [v0.9.5] [MoolahMilk]

1. 5.00 star(s)

BeastBuddy

I really love the game.

Most games often have only one girl or 2 who I really like and the rest is more of a boring cliché.
    But Deviant Anomalies have lots of girls and no girl what I really dislike or what is really boring.

The corruption system is a really great idea and have so much potential ...
    I look really excitet to the future of that game \(^o^)/
  2. 5.00 star(s)

feonixpreator

Very fun game so far. Strong narrative opening, great renders, interesting plot.. some actual mysteries to solve and grow. I am very much looking forward to seeing how this continues. The exhibitionism is good and interesting when it happens. Definitely has some growing to do but worth every star.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

Mr_Sel

The renders are amazing and the setting is actually interesting. The story is in its early stage but seems to be decent enough.
    Dev introduces different mechanics to keep things interesting. Some of them work better, some work...not so well (I'm not really into hidden object games).

Still, the quality is strong in this one. Chanel, pour me another one!
  4. 5.00 star(s)

MedicBear

The game plays out like a police procedural. You, the new detective on the local police force go about solving crimes, with each new case revealing something about the world and the main overarching plot of the game, all building towards finding out what happened in that first snowstorm. There's a lot of potential here, interesting visuals and good writing, though we will need to wait for further updates to really comment on the overall quality of the writing (understandably lots of setup and not so much payoff so far, it's early days). It's definitely a lot of fun, and makes this game stand out amongst the crowd. I found myself really immersed in solving the crimes, though I felt that some of the clues were a bit obscure and I only found them by accident, overall it was really fun to do.

I just hope this game doesn't suffer from feature creep. There is already a lot going on here, with the detective mechanics, relationship mechanics, sandbox gameplay and visual novel parts. There's a lot of content, just most of it at the moment isn't actually the main story but instead various side missions. I worry that the developer will end up focusing in on making new side content and/or gameplay elements, and the main plot of the game will suffer but we shall see.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

Caribdis

If you like mystery, the supernatural, and detective stories, you'll love Deviant anomalies.

The story is well written and got me hooked quickly. I'm really intrigued to know more about the deviants and anomalies and I can't wait to see how the plot will progress. Nice and likeable characters and some of the cutest girls ever.
    Keep up the good work Moolah!

P.S. OBVIOUSLY Mia best girl :BootyTime:
  6. 3.00 star(s)

Deleted member 894997

Its an okay game, but with bad game mechanics and UI that brings down the experience a LOT!

Story, render and dialog are okayish.
    But the bigest issue of this game is the UI.

Issues with it:
    1: The UI in general is verry slow, and even laggy, and this is on a great computer.
    2: The really slow UI in combination bad navigation in the world, (especially in the home), buttons far apart when when menues apear and that you cant for example get out of the phone or task menu by just clicking outside the box, is really annoying.
    3: The "schtick" with this game is the detective part, and its fine if you want that in the game. But the execution is just TERRIBLE.
    Its a pixelclicker, where you need to find clues, but you get no hint what so ever that "you should look closer on this spot".
    There is no vissual clue, glimmer or anything like that on like 50% of the huge amount of clues, that show up with out you hovering your mouse over it.
    And there are so many clues, so since you get no real guidance on many of the clues, you end up pixel scanning every single picture to find where you hear a sound (and its even worse where there are buttons on that same picture) when you hover over an area you are suppose to look closer at.
    This in combination with the laggy UI is just so BAD.
    The amount of clues and amount of interviews you need to do, is way to high also.
    Its just super tedious and annoying.

Also on top of this, the game contain a fair bit of grinding.
    Its not the worst ive seen for sure, but its just at the top of the acceptable range.

All these points (except the laggy ui, but that makes all of this SO much worse), are very obviously added to elongate play time.
    But what it actually does is just bring down the overall experience by a lot.
  7. 3.00 star(s)

KhaelDragon

The game is mediocre in all aspects. Far from being the best renders, rather annoying point and click mechanics (not a big fan of this phenomenon), lack of sex scenes. In general, I cannot scold the game, because it simply does not match with my tastes, but also cannot put a rating higher than "average" for purely implementation.
  8. 5.00 star(s)

joeyfly23

This is my first time rating, commenting or reviewing anything on this website despite being here for a while now and playing at least 150-160 games from here. So why am I writing this now? Simple-

Deviant Anomalies is the best "adult" genre game I have ever played. There are games out there that look and run better but none are as captivating. The characters are fleshed out and genuinely seem interesting. Despite trying to tell a complex story with branching arcs, the plot is not convoluted. The author, MoolahMilk, is actually talented it seems. He/she is not trying to live vicariously through the MC. Nor do they go on and on, in an attempt to seem erudite, causing one to both roll their eyes and cringe at the same time like many other authors here. The text is perfectly saturated. No dialogue seems wasted. Lastly, the surprises and twists do come from left field so that is also refreshing.

Basically-
    The models are beautiful.
    The story is interesting.
    MC ain't no simp/cuck/ or rapist.

Play this game, it's good.
  9. 5.00 star(s)

Shyguy1369

A very excellent start to a VN. Interesting story and there are side quests to the main story that are just as fun. The mystery of it all is what intrigued me in the first place. It's got so much potential and I am glad to be a supporter for this VN game. Would definitely recommend it and enjoy as you try to solve the mysteries within.
  10. 5.00 star(s)

AnonCope

You'll find yourself soft cock, fully encapsulated in the game, and not even realize it, loving every second of it.

One of the best gameplay experiences hentai games have to offer. And when you do finally get those moments of H - content, Top Shelf quality.

With the content currently in game (version 0.3.3) I came on 3 separate occasions before running out of what was available. My new favorite game! (y)
  11. 5.00 star(s)

DarkLup

So after playing the games for the two last updates I can say that it has the potential to be one of the best Game on this site.
    It's a bit rough around the edges on some aspect (mostly things that can easily change with the developpement like some quality of life improvement).
    The chara design is very varied while all of them being attractive .
    The story is very intriguing and dark without being "edgy"
    Maybe a bit of music would add to it ?
    It's a very solid game with a lot of potential looking forward to the future .
  12. 5.00 star(s)

Vulgi

Short and simple

Good
    - Amazing story
    - MC has a personality
    - Renders are top notch
    - Same for animations
    - Cutest sis (childhood friend) on earth
    - No grind "for now"
    - All sidecharacters are likeable /believable so far

Bad
    - Nothing

Conclusion
    If the Dev can keep the quality .. Deviant Anomalies will be a top tier game one day.
  13. 1.00 star(s)

badnboujee

Deviant Anomalies is part of a new generation of H-games that show that DAZ models aren't needed for a fun, entertaining, and lascivious experience. The other ones that come to mind are Pale Carnations, Ripples, and Once in a Lifetime. I quite enjoyed everything I've played so far, and am very excited about the future of the VN, since we're so early on. The concept of solving mysteries involving the paranormal is unique enough to keep the player invested. There are hints to an overarching plot scattered throughout the game. The lewd content is well done, with a variety of attractive girls and stunning animations (with relatively quick turnaround, as this game does not seem to be the dev's full-time job; get those Patreon numbers up folks and subscribe to MoolahMilk!), along with pretty good dirty talk, which is relatively rare in VNs. There seems to be room for fetish content as well, for those who are interested in rarer things in VNs like armpit or foot worship.

The most exciting aspect of this game is that it's so early on and yet there is so much potential. I cannot communicate how much I am looking forward to future updates. MoolahMilk, you've got the seeds of a truly great games on your hands!

Sophia is obviously best girl but despite her not having enough H-content yet I'm willing to give this a 5-star rating easily.

____

UPDATE: I originally posted this review in Feb 2021. As of March 2023, Moolah Milk has made almost no substantial plot progress or lewd progress with the main love interests, and has grown even more irascible and mercurial as a dev. The potential is still there, but it's just that, potential. Not worth the money or time until he gets his shit together.
  14. 5.00 star(s)

Scy7he

The game is great....very great in fact

The renders are well made (one of the best HS renders out here)
    the story is nice and engaging as well

Some scenes may not be for the weak hearted ....but for me this detective/murder mystery + supernatural story has gotten me hooked

Definitely one of the best games on the site

Highly recommend playing (10/10)
  15. 5.00 star(s)

slmkaz

The writing is good and the character design is also good; but what really gives this 5 stars are the things that honestly I have yet to see another 3dcg game do so far.

Most impressively is the movement camera during scenes, whether a wobbly camera to create tension or panning the camera to show everything going on in a scene. I didn't even know that HS (Or HS2 I guess) even that functionality, mainly because I haven't seen another HS-based game do it so far.
    Additionally the writing text in sex scenes and the bubble icons representing choices are a good touch. While nether is really that groundbreaking to me, it's something new which I appreciate.

Full disclosure I am a patreon supporter as well, and even though so far my votes have been outweighed in both polls so far (FML right?), I'd rather have a creator that actively engages and weighs the interests of their audience than someone who is silent for months on end.

Hoping the creator gets the support they deserve, since I think this can really become something great.
  16. 5.00 star(s)

Cruxiz

Props for something actually engaging en well written. Also the graphics are really good and the talk during sex part is something I have not seen before. A genuinely original creation therefore! Well done!
  17. 5.00 star(s)

Ixalon

Just finished playing the 0.3 version of DA. Really like the story. It reminds me of the experience I had playing Once in a Lifetime and Ripples. There is a good plotline running throughout the game and lots of foreshadowing of what is to come. Some of the interactions are not there yet, but it is an early build of the game so I don't mind that.

There are definitely a lot of beautiful characters and a diverse range of personalities. Not all of the women immediately fall head over heels in love with MC, but you can tell that there is a path to getting them eventually. This helps to keep it interesting. There are several times when you have the choice to choose dom or sub routes and I recommend using a save and running through both of them as the renders are nice either way.

All in all, I am really enjoying where the story is going and I can tell that the dev has a storyline planned and it will be a lot of fun when it is done. Highly advised for anyone that likes good plot mixed with their lewds. Also, please support the dev if you have the means.

Ix
  18. 5.00 star(s)

aessir

I love the game. The models are gorgeous, the story so far seems interesting, the gameplay is really fun. I love the whole detective stuff. The game feels like an erotic Telltale Game. One of my favourites ever. I just pray it doesnt get abandoned like my other 2 previous favs :(
  19. 5.00 star(s)

ColdHusk

A very overproduced masterpiece. Quite a hidden gem on here.

Decent enough plot, no bugs that I'm aware of, and a decent setup for a story. The only problem with this game is just how relatively little content there is. Which is a sign of something great.
  20. 5.00 star(s)

Jack_Whitters

Incredible game, the renders and animations are incredible and make the characters feel alive, while also retaining funny moments and silly jokes sprinkled around here and there.

The story is also interesting and gets you invested, showing that a lot of thought goes into the development process. Not to mention the H scenes are great and allow for a lot of interaction.

Lot's of potential for this, and looking forward to the progress that's made!