mginvoke

Sep 29, 2020
i unlocked the post, gonna share some of the info but not anything about content:

5.0 Progress Update, News and Announcement!
Helloooo peeepo! It's close to release time again! Okay, here's a quick update post.

Okay I know many of you don't want to read so I will do a TLDR of frequently asked questions. Please read this part at least!

TLDR:
1. For the next release(0.5) Every one has to replay the game which means save files won't work! This is pre-planned some time ago.
2. 0.5 will be ready this month! I was aiming for mid august but I predict it should be ready around 20 ish. Regardless, it will be ready this month August so get hyped!

3. Ok, many have asked what was the 0.4+++ episodes about. Those are mini updates that I was releasing to patrons as a sneak peak. The major update is 0.5. I have released 3 episodes so far but I've decided not to release the other 3 for reasons that I will outline in the full post.

4.Yes! These special episodes are all within 0.5!
5.Yes, SOL content is in this update which push main event forward.
6. Please link discord and patreon and chat with me on discord! If you have any questions about update or whatever, drop a message or even DM me. I hang out every single day and reply to all messages. I will still reply on patreon or whichever sites but it will take longer. (I've been muting discord every time we get closer to release as it is a freaking timesink and I end up surfing the web and chatting nonsense with discord peeps, but if you dm me, I will always check in throughout the day and reply you.)

7. Yes I will make a subscribestar account. But after update is over. That is my full focus at the momento!

Okay! Now down to the full post.
Wazzup! Progress on 0.5 is great. I'm working on many things which will make the game much better I believe. But first, I will address the mini episodes.

I won't release the next 3 episodes and instead release the whole 0.5 as we are near release time already. After releasing the first 3, I realized the impact isn't great. It takes me much extra time to sort out all the different versions and also, much of the feedback was it is very underwhelming as some contain no lewd scenes. As such it is quite pointless to download and some peeps feel disappointed. Just to clarify for new peeps, all the bonus content is released on top of what is in 0.5 and it will be together! It is not a separate arc.

Also, the last episode included more than 200 renders! (For comparison, most devs do 2-300 renders per main update with maybe 5 stock animations? We do the same amount for a mini bonus episode :D:D)

After the underwhelming feedback (majority feedback was story is interesting but no lewds so its frustrating. I also need to push Moon story line as it is so important later on!), I decided to work on a new side storyline which includes a feminist arc. The objective was create simple throwaway event so that I can rush a lewd scene for every mini episode.

... [Information about upcoming content that I removed] ...

Also, one last thing. I've been quite dismayed with our patron drop out rate as it is very very important to hit our target by the end of the year! However, we are still ranking very high on various websites so that is awesome. I have no doubt that once we put out a good update, we can hit the target :D:D

I've been checking out many games as well as interacting with many other devs to see how much content they put out and I can confidently say you will not find a single dev that will put out a 3000 render update like we do out of 10's of thousands of games. (If you find one, pm me and I will check it out. If it is true, I will set out to outwork him when we hit our fulltime target ;) I think we will surpass 3k images in 0.5 muahahah.

Majority of the more active devs probably put out 400 render updates. Let's not even talk about less active ones. There are those that take a year to put out 400 measly renders (no kidding). While number of images is not everything, you can compare the complexity and image quality for yourself.
Also keep in mind that DA is a relatively complex game when it comes to renpy visual novels!

So please manage your expectations and stay with us! 1k patrons by end of the year and we will finish Deviant Anomalies. A free game for everyone to enjoy!

In terms of release schedule, I think I have a very good idea on what works best now. From a dev perspective, I need to find the best release schedule that will garner the most patrons! As such I've been testing monthly schedules, 3 months schedule and weekly mini episodes to see which has the most impact. For example, would a 3 months lag time entice people to patron as they are more looking forward to it? Would a monthly release get more attention as it ranks more often etc, etc.

As of now I think the monthly-ish release schedule works best! So look forward to that once 0.5 is out.

Alrighty, no more lengthy posts from now till release time. It's grind city. Speed is my energy,
Expect a couple of spoilers from now till then! Peace out!

Much love

Moolah Milk!
ALSO, i wanna rant a little about the last few points you made MoolahMilk:

imo the reason that you're dropping patrons is because the game infrequently has informative Patreon updates Moolah. I love the game and have fun playing it and even subbed. and the render count is huge! they're really gorgeous renders and there's a ton of them. But, I think the content you provide on patreon between game updates is unsatisfying. I wish it was a weekly update on patreon instead of a monthly. or if there were even biweekly preview pics. if you dont use discord, i don't think you're really getting anything from subbing on patreon for Deviant Anomalies. there's no progress bar or anything either; there's a percentage bar on the 'about' page, but i don't think it's accurate, since it's been at 5% forever. i think you need to take a leaf out of Killer7's book (who has a weekly PUBLIC post with 1 non-spoiler, very vanilla render and some info) or look at what Caribdis does (almost weekly progress bar update on discord for Eternum, also available to the public). currently, DA doesn't even have posts about game progress even for patrons.

again, i really like the game. one of my faves. but i think there are some clear flaws with communication. tho i think that moolah is actually very active on discord, so i don't understand why there are issues with putting that info on patreon. ppl basically will have to ping him or PM him on discord to get info which will probably end up just being harassment and annoying him. a move to monthly updates def seems like a huge step in the right direction

MoolahMilk

Game Developer
Oct 25, 2020
Mia is smol... cute, innocent tatas not shameful melons.

Found all clues but how to solve nun case
Make sure to observe them (magnifying glass icon) and look for more clues on their bodies to complete da case! Also check for new dialogue options when you've found some clues.

I second this, big and unruly bewbies
We have so much big bewbies alreadyyyy. We need to show gratitude and appreciation of all shapes and sizes. We don't believe in boobism here.

The completion of the nun case won't be available until the next update I believe.
That's right. This updates focus on main case!

i unlocked the post, gonna share some of the info but not anything about content:

ALSO, i wanna rant a little about the last few points you made MoolahMilk:

imo the reason that you're dropping patrons is because the game infrequently has informative Patreon updates Moolah. I love the game and have fun playing it and even subbed. and the render count is huge! they're really gorgeous renders and there's a ton of them. But, I think the content you provide on patreon between game updates is unsatisfying. I wish it was a weekly update on patreon instead of a monthly. or if there were even biweekly preview pics. if you dont use discord, i don't think you're really getting anything from subbing on patreon for Deviant Anomalies. there's no progress bar or anything either; there's a percentage bar on the 'about' page, but i don't think it's accurate, since it's been at 5% forever. i think you need to take a leaf out of Killer7's book (who has a weekly PUBLIC post with 1 non-spoiler, very vanilla render and some info) or look at what Caribdis does (almost weekly progress bar update on discord for Eternum, also available to the public). currently, DA doesn't even have posts about game progress even for patrons.

again, i really like the game. one of my faves. but i think there are some clear flaws with communication. tho i think that moolah is actually very active on discord, so i don't understand why there are issues with putting that info on patreon. ppl basically will have to ping him or PM him on discord to get info which will probably end up just being harassment and annoying him. a move to monthly updates def seems like a huge step in the right direction
Great feedback mginvoke! Though I'm interested to know. Would you have stayed as a patreon if I posted a spoiler post every week and make a really cute and fancy progress bar but put out say....maybe 300-400 renders a month? There could be many peeps like you.

300-400 renders per update would be a breeze. I would have plenty of time to make things absolutely perfect the way I want it and also have time to make tons of update progress posts. It's worth a try. That might work even better.
Currently, I'm not going to make any further posts or wallpapers as I'm trying very hard surpass 3k images this update.
I have little time left. I'll post some spoilers and thats it.
But I will see the response and see how it goes next update. It might help.
If it works then why the hell not. Work smarter not harder right?

Regarding your comment about dm's on discord. I don't think I've missed a single DM since I started whether its on patron or otherwise. I reply to patrons and non-patrons all the same. I dont think I will change that anytime soon. I also enjoy chatting with people and getting organic feedback.

I personally prefer if I could speak to a dev directly to answer my specific question.

Regarding the devs you mentioned. Well...erm, lets just say I will never abandon DA. If DA flops very badly (I certainly hope not), I might end it quickly or sustain a full time, real job while making slow progress on DA. But I will complete it.

Trust me, I've considered making a Daz "sideproject" with loli faces countless times. Make extra loli money while milking DA, why not right? But that would mean I would have scammed all the patrons who have supported me from the beginning. (Some paying obscene money for a half-made renpy game.) I just can't bring myself to do that. How do you sleep at night? I would do it 100% if I was an emotionless robot but I'm not. It's too late to back out now and I must make try to make DA a success no matter what.

I really like Cari though as he completed a really well made game and pushed on despite having less than 200 patrons for the better part of his development time. Sadly, devs like him don't get recognition he deserves. Oialt is awesome and well worth it.

Ahh but I can't contain myself and I must ask, I'm very interested to know what is written in those patron posts by killer. You seem very impressed and happy with it. Also, what do you like about the game? If possible can you try to describe what is attractive about the game? I'm genuinely curious. I could learn something.

RandomGuy99

Nov 11, 2018
Mia is smol... cute, innocent tatas not shameful melons.

Make sure to observe them (magnifying glass icon) and look for more clues on their bodies to complete da case! Also check for new dialogue options when you've found some clues.

We have so much big bewbies alreadyyyy. We need to show gratitude and appreciation of all shapes and sizes. We don't believe in boobism here.

That's right. This updates focus on main case!

Great feedback mginvoke! Though I'm interested to know. Would you have stayed as a patreon if I posted a spoiler post every week and make a really cute and fancy progress bar but put out say....maybe 300-400 renders a month? There could be many peeps like you.

300-400 renders per update would be a breeze. I would have plenty of time to make things absolutely perfect the way I want it and also have time to make tons of update progress posts. It's worth a try. That might work even better.
Currently, I'm not going to make any further posts or wallpapers as I'm trying very hard surpass 3k images this update.

Regarding your comment about dm's on discord. I don't think I've missed a single DM since I started whether its on patron or otherwise. I reply to patrons and non-patrons all the same. I dont think I will change that anytime soon. I also enjoy chatting with people and getting organic feedback.

I personally prefer if I could speak to a dev directly to answer my specific question.

Regarding the devs you mentioned. Well...erm, lets just say I will never abandon DA. If DA flops very badly (I certainly hope not), I might end it quickly or sustain a full time, real job while making slow progress on DA. But I will complete it.

Trust me, I've considered making a Daz "sideproject" with loli faces countless times. Make extra loli money while milking DA, why not right? But that would mean I would have scammed all the patrons who have supported me from the beginning. (Some paying obscene money for a half-made renpy game.) I just can't bring myself to do that. How do you sleep at night? I would do it 100% if I was an emotionless robot but I'm not. It's too late to back out now and I must make try to make DA a success no matter what.

I really like Cari though as he completed a really well made game and pushed on despite having less than 200 patrons for the better part of his development time. Sadly, devs like him don't get recognition he deserves. Oialt is awesome and well worth it.

Ahh but I can't contain myself and I must ask, I'm very interested to know what is written in those patron posts by killer. You seem very impressed and happy with it. Also, what do you like about the game? If possible can you try to describe what is attractive about the game? I'm genuinely curious. I could learn something.
I genuine like your game & i might even pledge in future. It's mechanics is quite unique. The only gripe i have with it is the corruption mechanics on LI. The number to change a lot and we do not know why. Also the corruption level does not seem to level even the character have level up. Is it just a place holder? If yes, i would recommend to just put a label the mechanic is not ready else it will get players frustrated,

MoolahMilk

Game Developer
Oct 25, 2020
I genuine like your game & i might even pledge in future. It's mechanics is quite unique. The only gripe i have with it is the corruption mechanics on LI. The number to change a lot and we do not know why. Also the corruption level does not seem to level even the character have level up. Is it just a place holder? If yes, i would recommend to just put a label the mechanic is not ready else it will get players frustrated,
Ahh yes buddy. I know. It will fall into place soon. There is a lot to set up. It will be clearer next update as i refurbish the code but it will take time.

mginvoke

Sep 29, 2020

Honestly? yeah, probably. I really like the game so would probably patron every month for the monthly update. or even for a preview tbh. Plus i think it would come up more often on the latest updates page, which might help the game gain popularity on here. it's a really good game but i don't think it's as popular as it should be.

yeah that's a personal preference for sure. to each their own. i know that personally if my fans were messaging me every day saying "update wen? giv mia bob pls", it might drive me up the wall, but maybe your fans are better than that! and you might be more patient. either way, you do you man!

I don't actually like the game that much LOL. it's a bit too upbeat and vanilla for me. I just like that he has weekly public posts! you should see his patreon page. It's usually a render + a few pars of text. I do think that he initially gained popularity by doing weekly or monthly updates on here, and then slowly switching to a longer cycle. idk if that's possible for every game, or even yours, but i think that's how he gained his popularity at the beginning.

also, thanks for having such a receptive attitude to what i said. i was worried i came off as too critical.

midoriya_deku

Feb 1, 2020
If you put it that way, fiiiine, I'll try keep my boobist tendencies in check. Thank you btw, appreciate all the hard work you're putting into this game, so much that after lurking for a year on here, tis the first time I've posted anything on this forum. If there was a way to anonymously subscribe on Patreon and pay with crypto...

fedoraTipping

Jul 1, 2021
Any other games that have characters like Sage? Very-mean-but-not-really kind of characters. I know Hana from pale carnations. While waiting for the update, I cant find any games to get into...

slavesrus

Jul 29, 2021
Does anyone know how to get the fucking ropes off. Love the game so far devs, keep up the good work. Oh and pllleeeaassee let me choke slam moe in the near future. That is my... Ahem, the mc's pussy and only his to see or touch. The fuck this guy thinking? He basically called us a cuck. Anyway I digress. So the rope thing, I woke up in a van and for the life of me can't get them off. HELP SOMEBODY.

badnboujee

Jun 6, 2017
Does anyone know how to get the fucking ropes off. Love the game so far devs, keep up the good work. Oh and pllleeeaassee let me choke slam moe in the near future. That is my... Ahem, the mc's pussy and only his to see or touch. The fuck this guy thinking? He basically called us a cuck. Anyway I digress. So the rope thing, I woke up in a van and for the life of me can't get them off. HELP SOMEBODY.
there should be a rather hard to see boxcutter on some crates once you go up the stairs, I think it's by a grill (not on the ground level with the trucks)

slavesrus

Jul 29, 2021
there should be a rather hard to see boxcutter on some crates once you go up the stairs, I think it's by a grill (not on the ground level with the trucks)
Thank you. I can't tell you how manytimes I clicked over that crate, I finger smashed over everything prob a hundred times. After reading your post I figured what the hell, and finally hit the right spot. Thanks a million. It was on the long crate to the left of the grill or whatever. I can finally move on.

Reactions: badnboujee

MoolahMilk

Game Developer
Oct 25, 2020
Honestly? yeah, probably. I really like the game so would probably patron every month for the monthly update. or even for a preview tbh. Plus i think it would come up more often on the latest updates page, which might help the game gain popularity on here. it's a really good game but i don't think it's as popular as it should be.

yeah that's a personal preference for sure. to each their own. i know that personally if my fans were messaging me every day saying "update wen? giv mia bob pls", it might drive me up the wall, but maybe your fans are better than that! and you might be more patient. either way, you do you man!

I don't actually like the game that much LOL. it's a bit too upbeat and vanilla for me. I just like that he has weekly public posts! you should see his patreon page. It's usually a render + a few pars of text. I do think that he initially gained popularity by doing weekly or monthly updates on here, and then slowly switching to a longer cycle. idk if that's possible for every game, or even yours, but i think that's how he gained his popularity at the beginning.

also, thanks for having such a receptive attitude to what i said. i was worried i came off as too critical.
No worries. Good to know what people think. Although I find it really strange, but if it really works I won't complain. Makes life super easy for me.

When's the next update gonna be?
This month.

Yeah. Moe problems.
Anyway, check out the box upstairs. There's a small knife on top of it. ;D

slavesrus

Jul 29, 2021
Shout-out to the dev making this game. Great graphics, funny situational comedy. That scene with the bottle f....r in the alley was hilarious. The mc facial expressions and eye movements was spot on. What else can one do but just walk on. And yes I couldn't help it, had to make that second pass. Anyway, can't wait for more, always was a Doyle fan, so the detective stuff is really fun. And Spade, well, gotta have at least one noir character in a detective story. He actually reminds me of the guy from fallout, can't remember his name. You get him as a companion. Great game, great story- minus moe fucker. But I understand. Adds the tension of ntr without actually being cucked, that I don't mind. As long as I get to protect my girls. It ads some suspense, which is cool. I also like the dark aura of the game in general, can't wait to train these girls into obedient subs. Hopefully Chanel will be one. And Eleanor. Mmm. What can I say, perfect. All around great job. Good writing as well. Hope the mc toughens up. Too much of a pushover so far. But it's still early, I get it. Keep up the good work, and ignore the haters, if there are any. Oh, and can't wait to pump some Nun poon. I want all of them. They will be in my cumvent... Ahem... Convent

4.10 star(s) 172 Votes