Finsit

Harder Better Faster Cheater
Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017
Gotta love that after wasting time adding the idiotic income system what follows is page after page of bugs and errors.
Oh but please if you could send me those 'page of bugs and errors' I'm sure I could help you.

If you are using an up-to-date version that is, I mean if you are on an old version that didn't received the multiple bugfixes, then I wouldn't be able to help you, of course, but you wouldn't do that, would you ?

• Angry
Reactions: Cernunnos.

Cernunnos.

May 27, 2017
Oh but please if you could send me those 'page of bugs and errors' I'm sure I could help you.

If you are using an up-to-date version that is, I mean if you are on an old version that didn't received the multiple bugfixes, then I wouldn't be able to help you, of course, but you wouldn't do that, would you ?
I'm talking about this thread. Pages of bugs and errors. Seriously read dude.

Finsit

Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017
I'm talking about this thread. Pages of bugs and errors. Seriously read dude.
Well I'm pretty sure you statement was not obvious, to say the least.

Anyway, then there is no problem, just bugs getting fixed in a timely manner and patched automatically for user's convenience.

I'm afraid I fail to see how it can be a bad thing though ...

Last edited:

Finsit

Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017
The v0.43.0 is available by automated update, it should show up on the bottom left in the main menu.

You can also download it manually :
  • (Recommended for full quality)

If alter you want to also download an other image pack to be able to choose:

V 0.43.0 Changelog:
  • Lola now has top tier content which takes place after the first green serum content(The content she has with dean Kara.)
  • It includes 81 new images which are spread over 10 new scenes with Lola, and of those 10 new scenes 3 of them have alternate choice endings.
  • A whole variety of new portraits for her in various states of dress...
  • Changed time division, now a full day is composed of day, evening and night, that change should streamline the gameplay.
  • Added weekends, during those teaching is not possible but not needed.
  • Added a simplified display of the day of the week and time, when hovered it will show the regular panel, it can also be clicked to pass time.
  • Changed the pass time icon.
  • Added a "Home" button to facilitate navigation.
  • Made replayable scenes more explicitly 'replayable' as opposed to 'repeatable'.
  • Fixed a number of display issues with the gym and the phone.
  • Added tooltips for the inventory and incomes.
  • Added a different income unit visual to more explicitly represent maxed incomes.
  • Significantly improved performances during SMS events.
  • Made the clickable zone to open the SMS images span the whole width of the message to help clicking.
  • Added a notification in the main menu if an update is available.
V 0.43.1 Changelog:
  • Fixed a bug with the sexshop
Known bugs:
  • When loading a save if you get an error, rollback to a stable state and change location.
  • The notifications can sometime appear a second time.
  • The notifications can also have a weird behavior when it comes to rollback.

Edit :
Updated links to the hotfix version 0.43.1

Last edited:

Finsit

Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017
By the way, Deviant Discoveries is 3 years old ! :D

That is certainly something to consider if you happen to look for a worthy game creator to support. ;)

Finsit

Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017
Don't you know - bald men are virile and sexy.

At least, that's what my brother started saying when the last of his hair vanished...
Actually, it may be explained later why he is still bald ...

We already have our explanation, we are just waiting the moment to give it.

cantacuwenne

Feb 7, 2018
Lola now has top tier content which takes place after the first green serum content The content she has with dean Kara.
so i dont have a save where lola is with kara do i really have to restart the hole game ?

Finsit

Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017
Lola now has top tier content which takes place after the first green serum content The content she has with dean Kara.
so i dont have a save where lola is with kara do i really have to restart the hole game ?
Well we don't choose for you which path you prefer to take.

So if you don't have a save from before the pink inject then yes, you will need to restart.

You will see however that the gameplay got significant changes.

Trasher2018

Engaged Member
Aug 21, 2018
When I try to buy a dildo.

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
SyntaxError: invalid syntax (game/sexshop.rpy, line 149)

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "sexshop.rpyc", line 74, in script call
  File "sexshop.rpyc", line 145, in script
  File "...\DDGame-0.43.0-native\renpy\ast.py", line 1628, in execute
    choice = renpy.exports.menu(choices, self.set, args, kwargs, item_arguments)
  File "...\DDGame-0.43.0-native\renpy\exports.py", line 956, in menu
    condition = renpy.python.py_eval(condition)
  File "...\DDGame-0.43.0-native\renpy\python.py", line 2057, in py_eval
    code = py_compile(code, 'eval')
  File "...\DDGame-0.43.0-native\renpy\python.py", line 692, in py_compile
    raise e

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Deviant Discoveries 0.43.0
Mon Jan 27 04:13:40 2020
... and I dont like the new system. I HATE grind and now I dont know how to cheat that away. Was easy in the old system :(

Finsit

Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017
When I try to buy a dildo.

Code:

While running game code:

Full traceback:
  File "sexshop.rpyc", line 74, in script call
  File "sexshop.rpyc", line 145, in script
  File "...\DDGame-0.43.0-native\renpy\ast.py", line 1628, in execute
    choice = renpy.exports.menu(choices, self.set, args, kwargs, item_arguments)
  File "...\DDGame-0.43.0-native\renpy\exports.py", line 956, in menu
    condition = renpy.python.py_eval(condition)
  File "...\DDGame-0.43.0-native\renpy\python.py", line 2057, in py_eval
    code = py_compile(code, 'eval')
  File "...\DDGame-0.43.0-native\renpy\python.py", line 692, in py_compile
    raise e

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Mon Jan 27 04:13:40 2020
... and I dont like the new system. I HATE grind and now I dont know how to cheat that away. Was easy in the old system :(
Thanks for reporting that one. The update is coming, just the time to upload it. So check again in 5 minutes.

Well yeah, indeed you cannot cheat as easily now, but it is still quite possible. Knowledge of the inner working will help.
But there is at least one easy way to do it that I can think of.

The gameplay is still being worked on though, the 0.43.0 was a big step into polishing the gameplay. Many UI improvements for instance. The shift from a 4 part day to a 3 part one was the meant to be the most significant.

I'll probably take a stab at the sexshop menus and inventory to streamline the process of buying stuff. We made a first step kind of by chance when I asked the name of the dildo (to name it in the game logic) and Jan replied jokingly "Burly Bob".
We instantly thought about how giving names to the toys would improve the buying process by giving them fun names. Both because it would be less sterile (although I guess you definitely want to buy clean toys ^^) and also help the players remembering the toys they needs when there is a shopping list.

But appart from a couple dozen of income units, in fine, you don't need much.

Last edited:

Cur8t0r

May 26, 2018
Shits all broken. This wasn't like this before.

```

While running game code:
ScriptError: could not find label 'test_menu'.

Full traceback:
File "home.rpyc", line 24, in script call
File "E:\Stuff\Games\Deviant Discoveries\DDGame-0430-native\DDGame-0.43.0-native\renpy\ast.py", line 1436, in execute
rv = renpy.game.context().call(label, return_site=self.next.name)
File "E:\Stuff\Games\Deviant Discoveries\DDGame-0430-native\DDGame-0.43.0-native\renpy\script.py", line 898, in lookup
raise ScriptError("could not find label '%s'." % str(original))

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Sun Jan 26 22:00:19 2020
```

Finsit

Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017
Shits all broken. This wasn't like this before.

```

While running game code:

Full traceback:
File "E:\Stuff\Games\Deviant Discoveries\DDGame-0430-native\DDGame-0.43.0-native\renpy\ast.py", line 1436, in execute
rv = renpy.game.context().call(label, return_site=self.next.name)
File "E:\Stuff\Games\Deviant Discoveries\DDGame-0430-native\DDGame-0.43.0-native\renpy\script.py", line 898, in lookup
raise ScriptError("could not find label '%s'." % str(original))

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Sun Jan 26 22:00:19 2020
```
Dude, don't set test to True then.
That is the only way you can get get the "Test Menu" button.

And the test menu is only included in the dev' builds.

ThisKitty

Jun 7, 2017
Well we don't choose for you which path you prefer to take.

So if you don't have a save from before the pink inject then yes, you will need to restart.

You will see however that the gameplay got significant changes.
I had a save right before this injection, but using it caused errors when I injected the green when it came to the point of running income update scripts. Unicode + something caused an error. Had to restart the game yet again.

Also, the travel UI is disappearing again, and there's still the weird race condition of when two people try to contact you the same time, as well as other scenarios where you can't immediately answer a text message. Sometimes you can catch it later, but it's a bit annoying.

Lots of the UI disappearing stuff seems to depend on how I'm proceeding through transitions, especially when moving ot a new place or dealing with messages.Since I've seen this dialog a million times from all the times save games broke, I use control to skip a lot of it. That seems to make the UI disappearing worse.

Also, I got to the Dean's ex-husband's storyline without finishing Frankie's training, and now I can't train Frankie or get him to take care of her ex. Which is great. Frankie's training was only at 50, so the option to have him help was greyed out, but trying to train him more just said there was nothing to do. And if you resolve the Dean's issue with Howard in this state, greg_events is reset to 0 and the menu choice a t the gym disappears. I don't know if the questline will trigger again, as I pulled out the console to fix things at this point.

Last edited:

sorfin7

Jan 28, 2018
Noticed that there seems to be an unanswerable phone call from Kara, immediately after she texts the image of her makeover results

*Edit* Phone in general may be bugged, can't receive a call from Harley as well

Last edited:

Finsit

Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017
I had a save right before this injection, but using it caused errors when I injected the green when it came to the point of running income update scripts. Unicode + something caused an error. Had to restart the game yet again.

Also, the travel UI is disappearing again, and there's still the weird race condition of when two people try to contact you the same time, as well as other scenarios where you can't immediately answer a text message. Sometimes you can catch it later, but it's a bit annoying.
I guess the rollback didn't help ...

That is some very interesting info you give me there.

The UI is clearly the weak point of the Ren'Py engine. it is fine as log as you don't do something fancy like imitate any responsive UI be it phone or web.

About the race between two triggers, well I consider the current state to be "ok-ish", it possible to miss some, but I didn't get intuitively see the ossue to be that bad.

Do you encounter that issue often during your playthroughs or you just notified me it was possible ?

Noticed that there seems to be an unanswerable phone call from Kara, immediately after she texts the image of her makeover results

*Edit* Phone in general may be bugged, can't receive a call from Harley as well
Yeah the phone blinking is currently quite incertain, I should probably add it to the 'know bugs' list.

Man I would love to see impregnation get added to this, optional of course.
At some point given the amount of creampies it is bound to happen, right ???

Unless the serums causes reproductive issues, did you see how clear the MCs sperm is ? :confused: But at the same time can the pill even work after an inject ?
Yet not all the girls are green injected ...

Anyway if the reproductive systems work on both end then I don't see how it can be optional at this point ...

Reactions: Zabutnik

redle

Apr 12, 2017
Thought I'd give the game a try, but am being blocked by crashes far too often (plus plot that doesn't really make sense).
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Cur8t0r

May 26, 2018
Dude, don't set test to True then.
That is the only way you can get get the "Test Menu" button.

And the test menu is only included in the dev' builds.
I didn't set anything to anything. Like 90% of the people here I downloaded and started playing. Is DDGame-0430-native a "dev" build with a non production object?

sorfin7

Jan 28, 2018
Seems like I also get a major crash whenever any of the girls are assigned to the strip club - after watching them or opting for the private dance there seems to be an error related to the income / inventory system. Sorry to keep piling on, I'm enjoying the content despite these issues

4.10 star(s) 58 Votes