3.20 star(s) 27 Votes

Hyperserver

often the biggest step forward is to "step back"
Donor
Jun 30, 2018
BORING!

Nice story, but a VN without visual? Dudes, If i want to read a book, i just read a book. There are sexual renders missing at all (not talking about animations, but at least some renders instead of showing always the same NPC sprite at side of the screen)
This crap is not even worth to consider about downloading a single byte - every byte of DL is just a waste of bandwidth

geninaheci

Donor
Oct 24, 2017
BawdyBaron: Man for real, don`t let these negative comments and haters drag you down ... I really like your writing and the overall concept of your game it reminds me a little bit of Lab Rats ... try to improve your art a bit, not the sprites in itself but the posture and gestures maybe.
But don`t push yourself to much, afterall it is a work in progress...all the best man!

Demiare

Sep 16, 2016
and to be top notch also some animations
~95% of games with animation from independent devs either are stealing Illusion/DAS animation (and they aren't good one especially with any notable changes into male/female models) are total crap or even both.

VERY few games have good animation, in most times when I see animation it will end with facepalm as it will look horrible sooner or later.

And voting 0/1 points for hand-drawn arts in UNFINISHED game ... I fear you will get a special place in hentai-Hell :p

Reactions: Lerd0

Hyperserver

Donor
Jun 30, 2018
~95% of games with animation from independent devs either are stealing Illusion/DAS animation (and they aren't good one especially with any notable changes into male/female models) are total crap or even both.

VERY few games have good animation, in most times when I see animation it will end with facepalm as it will look horrible sooner or later.

And voting 0/1 points for hand-drawn arts in UNFINISHED game ... I fear you will get a special place in hentai-Hell :p
i would be happy if this game would even have renderings. But it's just plain text (that few poses at screens border don't count at all). the part with "animations" just would make a top game perfect (but this isn't even close to a good game, not speaking about beeing a top game). That's why i said "top notch".
But yes, you are right: my place in hell was fixed a long time ago - i am realistic enough to admit that i am a worthless bad guy :p

BawdyBaron

Game Developer
Feb 26, 2018
The android link is incorrect
Are the android links supposed to all say mac?
android link dont work
Looks like whoever updated the OP accidentally put the Mac link for both Mac and Android. I've messaged someone to try and get it fixed.

In the mean time, the real Android link is available on my Patreon ( ) and, as always, there is a patched Android apk on Lewdpatcher.

BORING!

Nice story, but a VN without visual? Dudes, If i want to read a book, i just read a book. There are sexual renders missing at all (not talking about animations, but at least some renders instead of showing always the same NPC sprite at side of the screen)
This crap is not even worth to consider about downloading a single byte - every byte of DL is just a waste of bandwidth
I'm curious what you expected from a game that's still in development. Like, you do understand that these (free) games don't just magically appear, 100% complete with all the art and content fully fleshed out, right? Especially ones with custom art, instead of all the identical, pirated, 3D renders.

If you don't want to play an incomplete game, don't play an incomplete game. Or maybe throw some money my way so that I can complete it, instead of posting a 2-star review on an in development game because it's still in development.

Demiare

Sep 16, 2016
i would be happy if this game would even have renderings.
O_O
So for you - cheap horrible clipping renderings are better then unique custom drawn arts? Jesus, man/woman - seems that we're from different planets :)

Well... I suggest you to never try FreeCities or EraTohok (while they're definitely top, 105/100 rated games). :p

But seriously - reducing points by 1 for UNFINISHED game because it's unfinished. :FacePalm: Sorry if it will be rude, but logic isn't your strongest point.

Hyperserver

Donor
Jun 30, 2018
@ BawdyBaron

missing renderings have nothing to do with a game in progress. Your style is nice, the game's idea is also nice - but you mess up with boring small sprites of women, which don't really change over all.
Would you rather make small scenes showing the content and all would be fine. What you did right now is no game, it's just a well written story packed into a background render andshowing a sprite.
And come on - don't tell me that this is "just progress" and you will go back to change that scenes later on - you will NOT!
And if you are not satisfied by a 2 star rating (which i clearly explained what and why i voted that way, then just change things)
If things are changed, i always can change this review (and did it also for a lot of other games).
I am NOT a kind of person who does a good review just to please the dev, i am doing reviews for others to see what's up.
Would i rate the writing style it would be a 4 or even a 5 out of 5, but as for a game this is minor - there are other things much more important.
Let me give you just one example:
you manage to fuck the secretary girl the first time, but all you see is her bending over and her ass from behind in a single pose. REALLY? this is how you show a fuck-scene?
Better use some time to make things propper right from the start than lying to people about "game in progress".
You self call your artwork as individual done - but honestly i don't see much "artwork" - simple sprites with different layovers are NOT really "art"

Last edited:

Demiare

Sep 16, 2016
how did you come to the conclusion that i removed 1 point for "unfinished game to be unfinished"???

mate - you should stop using drugs... seems you have illusions
O_O Cmon, this isn't your text?

- the game is missing animations, which are nowadays nearly a "Must have", so - sorry - i don't give that star
- the game hasnt ANY really not ANY SINGLE sexual render. All you see is a girl at side of the screen which shows you always the same pose. Sorry, bro - that's not how a VN works ( VISUAL Novel) - theres no visual inside here. If i want a good story, i just could read a book. Over here you should actually show something. So these 2 most important stars i also refuse to give.
1st is a total crap. Tons and tons and tons of hot PUBLIC games either lack any animation at all, either have it in very basic ways. Well, or mass-producted s@@@ based on Illusion games, so all models look similiar in 99% of them. Or you're comparing this game with japan commercial VNs? In that case I would repeat a facepalm.

2nd is a lie too. Even in 0.53b game had one sexual scene with arts (blue-haired girl route). Sure, it's more like ill-famous RPGMaker-style art, but it was here. Plus it's total @#$% to downvote author for being poor or lack enough supporters. As I see in 0.57 changelog - dev is still adding new lewd arts.

I don't want argue with your opinion - everyone have different tastes, it's true, but you in your review you're stating that giving 0/2 points for graphic in a game with own UNIQUE (!) images. This is a @#$% offense for me.

P.S. Is that obvious that I'm unrelated to dev in any way?

Hyperserver

Donor
Jun 30, 2018
@ Demiare

nope - that wasn't my text. I never reduced points for being "unfinished"

I reduced 1 point for not having animations (again: 5 points would mean that it can't be any better - and adding animations could make a game even better)

And i removed the other 2 for missing the renders matching to the scenes. I 100% agree that the background renders are unique and absolutely top. But that's not what makes a render a scene. There is missing the match to the scenes at all - maybe like the boss behind table. Or if there are sex scenes like with the blue head to show the scenes. Just creating a good text and also creating an unique backgroud and matching these together doesn't make a good scene. If i fuck a girl in a game i just want to see that girl spreading her legs or whatever else. Like now it just feels like i am reading a book, and thats not a game.

But i have said enough about my opinion - there is no reason to continue to argue. Maybe i will ahve a look later on as the game progressed, but for now it stands as it is.

wish you all good luck, and have a nice day

baaaaahhhhg

Jul 20, 2017
BawdyBaron Just wanted to let you know that I think the game is progressing great and at least in my mind it is enjoyable to play. I found the story interesting and engaging. I'm looking forward to seeing what further work you create both here and in your other endeavors.

Also, Hyperserver: It's fine to have opinions, but you're crossing the line and are lashing out / attacking now. If you don't like a game, fine, but then move on with your life. What you're doing in this thread is just petty.

rewyb

Sep 22, 2017
People who complain about the missing art; so you'd rather have a v0.2 with 5min of content, but at least all the art is there amirite? I'd rather see as much of the game available as possible, than have to wait on the dev to get money for more art.
It's not like you're losing out on anything. Either you get at least written content without the art, or you only get content that has art available. Either way, you're not gonna get more art, so what's the problem?
On one thing I do have to agree on, I'd rather get more scenes than another variation of clothes (or lack thereof) for the sprites. I get that those are probably more expensive to comission, but I feel like having more variation for sprites doesn't really do too much for the game, at least nowhere on the level that art for scenes would.

Dave3518

Nov 5, 2017
no ideas why i got this error

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
ScriptError: could not find label 'aLunchChat8'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "game/a_scenes.rpyc", line 737, in script call
f�e�hE�Oz�DBS[��:)h��j���/ޔs}�;"��"%'}cCZL�h�JH�\11`LN���ULcB��ЯP�x���ow�1S��f+��S�B�*�/��H�i0���!�!�"S_d�p��Q�<�TY:x8m���A$ޑ1w� �=|'��Z��u���\����@�"�� �"%���o�pF[��E�3XӊE��Y��hD[bZ����Og6������K�}Y��V����Y�`�f�B��,O�K��(�_����f:W`�����{����j�
File "C:\Users\ford3\Desktop\DevilishBusiness-0.57-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1434, in execute
rv = renpy.game.context().call(label, return_site=self.next.name)
File "game/a_scenes.rpyc", line 737, in script call
f�e�hE�Oz�DBS[��:)h��j���/ޔs}�;"��"%'}cCZL�h�JH�\11`LN���ULcB��ЯP�x���ow�1S��f+��S�B�*�/��H�i0���!�!�"S_d�p��Q�<�TY:x8m���A$ޑ1w� �=|'��Z��u���\����@�"�� �"%���o�pF[��E�3XӊE��Y��hD[bZ����Og6������K�}Y��V����Y�`�f�B��,O�K��(�_����f:W`�����{����j�
File "C:\Users\ford3\Desktop\DevilishBusiness-0.57-pc\renpy\script.py", line 894, in lookup
raise ScriptError("could not find label '%s'." % str(original))

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.2.320
Devilish Business 0.57
Sun Dec 15 23:37:33 2019

BawdyBaron

Game Developer
Feb 26, 2018
no ideas why i got this error

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
That's a weird one, as there should be no way to go beyond 'aLunchChat5'. Maybe some rollbacks didn't register so things were added multiple times (one of the downsides of completely enabling rollback that I've found).

I'll look into adding some code to make sure it can't happen again. In the mean time, if this is stopping your progress in the game, you can go into the console and type:
Code:
aLunchNum = 4
to set it to show the lunch conversation with Ashley about Nick, or:
Code:
aLunchNum = 5
if you've already had that discussion.

3.20 star(s) 27 Votes