3.20 star(s) 27 Votes

Sheepy Cloud

Apr 22, 2020
You should just ignore people like that, that guy is clearly insane. I mean just reading his crap brings me vicarious embarrassment in his stead... Some moderators should just delete accounts of people who post things like that, because there is really no real value in any of his postings beside spam/trolling from a keyboard warrior that searches for attention.

Or is f95 now supposed to be a plattform for crazy people to spam their stupidity and we normal people have to suffer reading it? I don`t think so.
He's only the second clown I've found on this site this year, but you get used to people like them when you've been on the internet for over 10 years...
I just argue for the sake of arguing though, ngl. I've truly got nothing better to do with my time.
I do strange things when I'm bored.

I actually forgot the clown even existed until I finally popped up on F95 again to check for updates.

Reactions: Justanx

alamal

Jun 22, 2020
hello, so I'm getting this error code and I'm not sure why
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
TypeError: %o format: a number is required, not TagQuotingDict

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/boss_scenes.rpyc", line 1567, in script call
    �����U8�Oloi�3��f�s���)��5�v��s�o�A��-#���h�o!ķRz��

BawdyBaron

Game Developer
Feb 26, 2018
hello, so I'm getting this error code and I'm not sure why
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
TypeError: %o format: a number is required, not TagQuotingDict

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/boss_scenes.rpyc", line 1567, in script call
    �����U8�Oloi�3��f�s���)��5�v��s�o�A��-#���h�o!ķRz��
I'm not sure how that happened and I can't replicate it.

You could try enabling the console, opening it, and typing:

Code:
charityCounter = 0
and hit enter.

That might fix it.

Thanks for reporting the issue! I'll keep looking into it and hopefully find a way to prevent it in the future.

Jakeboy_idk

Jan 16, 2022
I’m kinda stuck on the “family” path because no matter how many Times I flirt with Cassandra and I don’t have corruption when I learn it from nick to use on Candace

BawdyBaron

Game Developer
Feb 26, 2018
I’m kinda stuck on the “family” path because no matter how many Times I flirt with Cassandra and I don’t have corruption when I learn it from nick to use on Candace
Do you have the incest patch installed? You can find it here:

Jakeboy_idk

Jan 16, 2022
Do you have the incest patch installed? You can find it here:
I have the incest on and it still don’t work. I’m mainly focused on the part to where no matter how many times I flirt with Cassandra she just calls me weird

BawdyBaron

Game Developer
Feb 26, 2018
I have the incest on and it still don’t work. I’m mainly focused on the part to where no matter how many times I flirt with Cassandra she just calls me weird
Hmm... I'm not sure what could have gone wrong. Double check that the Incest Patch is working (should say Incest Patch Enabled at the top right of the main menu screen).

The first time you flirt with her (or all of the time if the Incest Patch isn't installed) she will say, "Eww. That's a bit creepy [your name]."
The second time you flirt with her she will say, "Did you text the wrong person? I'm your sister you weirdo."
The third time she will say, "Seriously [your name]? Flirting with your sister?"

The only variables that affect those incidents are:
1. The Incest Patch is installed.
2. That you've had the previous flirt message.

Then flirt with her again and, if you have more than 60 influence with her, she will say, "You keep sending me these flirtatious texts and I'm gonna start thinking you're serious."

This triggers the rest of her content.

The next time you're in your house in the evening you should automatically have a scene where Cassandra catches you masturbating.

I'm not sure what could possible cause those not to fire, but if you want to try to fix it with the console, open it and type the following, hitting enter between each one:
Code:
sisFlirtCount = 3
iSisPoints = 0
sisInf = 60
sisFlirtCount can be anything 3+
sisInf can be anything 60+

Those are all the variables that control the start of Cassandra's content (other than the Incest Patch). Hope this helps.

itsalantrainer

Sep 13, 2019
Yeah, Nick's rumors are pure RNG. I'll work on something for the next update that will mitigate this.

There shouldn't be a problem with flirting too early. There are only two possible instances when she says you're "creepy": when the incest patch isn't enabled, and the very first time you flirt with her. So I would double check that the incest patch is installed properly - when you open the game it should say "incest patch enabled" in the top right of the main screen (the screen where you start/load your game).
yea see i cant find the incest activation thing

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
yea see i cant find the incest activation thing
You been on this site for over 2 years now and should by now know where the patch goes for Ren'PY games.

But since you are having a problem then I will show you where it goes and what happens when you have it in the right place.

1. Place the "patch.rpyc" file inside the main folder into the "game" folder.
2. Shows you have it in the right place when you follow the directions.
patch.jpg

Reactions: Miðgarðsormr

Miðgarðsormr

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2017
You been on this site for over 2 years now and should by now know where the patch goes for Ren'PY games.
To be fair i also constantly forget how this works. In my defence i am old......no not that old....much older....

1. Place the "patch.rpyc" file inside the main folder into the "game" folder.
2. Shows you have it in the right place when you follow the directions.
I will steal this for.....what was i about to do again?

UrchinHank

Oct 21, 2017
agreed. one of the few games with an actually fuck worthy MILF.
Eh, I support it, and replay it every now and again.
Granted, I'm not a huge supporter, but I liked it quite well when I first tried it and decided to support the dev with what I could consistently and more importantly RELIABLY afford.
I only play the occasional update, but I liked what I played originally, and I know when I feel like replaying there will be a few new images and I'll be happy.
To be fair, I kinda support a lot of artists (not just adult) on Patreon (and subscribestar) so my dollars are spread a bit thin, but in general, even a dollar a month helps artists, even if only a little.
Obviously the more dollars a month the better, though.

Reactions: BawdyBaron

BawdyBaron

Game Developer
Feb 26, 2018
Update: Devilish Business v0.67

Emma art arrives!

Patch Notes:
  • Added new art for Emma.
  • Fixed various spelling/grammar errors.
Emma's next batch of art is here. She's got two new outfits and two new poses. I hope you all enjoy!

New art for Cassandra is underway for v0.68!

If you like the game, and want to see more progress, consider supporting me on . Every bit helps!

ZagorTeNay

Jun 28, 2018
I like the game, but it kind of feels like a ...huge waste of potential.
Imo, it could have been fantastic, receiving far more attention and financial support, as more linear VN with more scene renders and focused story.
So instead of Go To work/Have Lunch/Talk to npc, Rinse-Repeat, diluted narrative routine... story would be something like from the "Devil's Advocate ( movie).
MC, who left home at young age, alienated from his mother/sister, unsuccesfull in life, gets in contact with Devil/his "Dad", who takes him under his wing ( with an ulterior plan, as you later find out), teaching you how to seduce women, become a financial shark/freaking oligarch. And you'd have two main, basic routes: either more loving/Charm Casanova ( where you use no powers or coercion) or Corruption/Lust, Marquis the Sade, balls-to-the walls Depravity path. Or stride the line somewhere in between. Lose your soul, but have a hell of a good time while doing it..or find a way to save yourself and outplay the Devil.
Instead whole thing with the Devil ( that makes it more unique), feels bland and kind of pointless. Npc reactions are something like:
"Huh, so your dad is the Devil? Well..ok. Are we still for lunch together?"
Even MC has the same reaction when he learns the truth. Game would be pretty much the same without it.
This is one game where I'd like to see a full re-master/rewrite.

Last edited:

BawdyBaron

Game Developer
Feb 26, 2018
I like the game, but it kind of feels like a ...huge waste of potential.
Imo, it could have been fantastic, receiving far more attention and financial support, as more linear VN with more scene renders and focused story.
So instead of Go To work/Have Lunch/Talk to npc, Rinse-Repeat, diluted narrative routine... story would be something like from the "Devil's Advocate ( movie).
MC, who left home at young age, alienated from his mother/sister, unsuccesfull in life, gets in contact with Devil/his "Dad", who takes him under his wing ( with an ulterior plan, as you later find out), teaching you how to seduce women, become a financial shark/freaking oligarch. And you'd have two main, basic routes: either more loving/Charm Casanova ( where you use no powers or coercion) or Corruption/Lust, Marquis the Sade, balls-to-the walls Depravity path. Or stride the line somewhere in between. Lose your soul, but have a hell of a good time while doing it..or find a way to save yourself and outplay the Devil.
Instead whole thing with the Devil ( that makes it more unique), feels bland and kind of pointless. Npc reactions are something like:
"Huh, so your dad is the Devil? Well..ok. Are we still for lunch together?"
Even MC has the same reaction when he learns the truth. Game would be pretty much the same without it.
This is one game where I'd like to see a full re-master/rewrite.
Thanks for the feedback! I really appreciate it.

You've definitely touched on things I would do differently if I could go back in time.

I started Devilish Business with very little practical experience in programming, and really only attempted my own game because Vren included the un-obfuscated source code with his game Lab Rats. I made my own small mod of Lab Rats as a personal project and found that I really enjoyed solving the coding problems I made for myself.

I took what I learned from that and started my own story, initially with zero plan to release it publicly. But once it reached about 100,000 words (enough for a sizeable novel) I decided that other people might want to try it out.

It was absolutely not ready for release. There was almost no art, no endings(!), very little polish, and I still hadn't figured out how to code some of the gameplay elements that would make it a worthwhile "game". It was (and remains) basically a decent "choose your own adventure" novel with superficial gameplay elements.

I had really lofty goals for it at the start: a morality/alignment system (there is actually some placeholder code for this in the game), magic/no magic routes, castable spells, random encounters, etc. But things got dropped along the way, either from my lack of coding skill, lack of time, loss of interest, or influence from early backers. I see now that releasing it without those gameplay elements already included forced me to rush to "complete" the game, which made me quick to chop off pieces that were slowing me down.

Now that the game has almost 300,000 words of story content, it's a very daunting task to tear it apart to add the gameplay elements it deserves, especially as I don't exactly have a ton of free time lately.

But maybe you've given me the kick in the ass needed to give it another look, so thanks for the valuable feedback!

Last edited:
3.20 star(s) 27 Votes