nn222

Aug 11, 2017
Btw, it's not just the art which is identical to IW, but also a lot of the scripting on top of the ren'py engine. Their custom menus are identical and most damning of all their use of Live2D. If it's a rip-off, they're somehow ripping off both the art and the programming from Sad Crab. That's not what's happening.

If it's just one artist's side gig, they've also got at least one of their programmers on board. I don't see how that's any different than Sad Crab smurfing with another studio name. If the argument is that "but not the entire team is involved", it's plenty clear that at least the productive team members are.

Actually, thinking about it, if this is a splinter faction from Sad Crab who are fed up with the dysfunction on IW, this might be a very good development indeed. I'm not mourning IW because in all fairness it's doomed and better Hermione games will pop up sooner or later. People will never stop making Hermione games, it's an axiom of F95. I actually heard yv0751 is considering doing a Hermione game next...

crpe

Jun 7, 2017
I would personally recommend changing the default MC's name to "Hedone" over "Percy", as Hedone was the child of Eros and Psyche (thus fitting the story better) and was the goddess (though I figure a gender-bent, god version would hardly matter) of pleasure.

Allowing Percy to be present within the story without having to heavily rely on him to drive the narrative and also opening more doors to experiment without needing to follow the Percy Jackson story to a tee.

asgxxx

Jun 27, 2022
"No no guys, trust me! no one is gonna notice that most of our art is just ripped off from Innocent Witches!"

Being inspired is one thing, but just taking the art is another.
at least this game may be able to complete itself

Karnewarrior

Oct 28, 2017
The next update is out, just not publically.
Probably hasn't made it's way here because people are wary of sending money to anyone who even worked with Sad Crab on account of Innocent Witches being slow and mostly mediocre.

Reactions: Attal

Rexizor

Mar 4, 2021
Will be keeping an eye out for this one. The artstyle reminds me a lot of innocent Witches, which is great because I dig that game's art style, and I'm really hoping that's just because there's an artist/artists from IW working on this game, not because the art is stolen.

EthanB86

Jun 7, 2020
Will be keeping an eye out for this one. The artstyle reminds me a lot of innocent Witches, which is great because I dig that game's art style, and I'm really hoping that's just because there's an artist/artists from IW working on this game, not because the art is stolen.
"reminds me a lot of innocent witches" its literally identical lol. i share your sentiment about hoping the projects share artists rather than art being stolen

Reactions: Karnewarrior

Johan_0000

Apr 14, 2023
Choose your name, your identity, and your path as you make the most of your new position
Does that mean we can choose to be a "villain/jerk" or a "good guy"? Bc I won't lie the way the summary is written kinda hints tha t the MC is alrdy a jerk lol.

THX

Last edited:

Johan_0000

Apr 14, 2023
Wdym? How can you steal art? Idk anything abt art, that's why I'm asking this. I mean if I like smn's artstyle and I want to draw similarly, would that be considered stealing? This artstyle doesn't seem new to me, maybe in the world of AVN, it's the 1st time I see it but I don't understand why it'd be considered stealing, did they copy paste sprites or smt? My question is genuine btw

THX

Sylaann

Nov 4, 2020
"reminds me a lot of innocent witches" its literally identical lol. i share your sentiment about hoping the projects share artists rather than art being stolen
There is no way it's not stolen artwork, Siserg adds tons of details and put 50.000 in every piece of art. All this feels so empty in comparison to innocent witches. And i don't really followed all drama that could be related to innocent witches but I value Siserg work enough to not support this game.

Btw Siserg is working on his personnal game + Innocent Witches, there is no way he his working on a 3rd project at the same time, and he comments a lot on what he works on, so we would have heard of it if he worked on this game.

jeridianrose

May 3, 2018
There is no way it's not stolen artwork, Siserg adds tons of details and put 50.000 in every piece of art. All this feels so empty in comparison to innocent witches. And i don't really followed all drama that could be related to innocent witches but I value Siserg work enough to not support this game.

Btw Siserg is working on his personnal game + Innocent Witches, there is no way he his working on a 3rd project at the same time, and he comments a lot on what he works on, so we would have heard of it if he worked on this game.
Don't see how that's stolen artwork? It's definitely copying the artstyle, but I wouldn't say its stealing the art. The only way art could be stolen is if its being copy and pasted, but that doesn't work when changing subject matter, story, characters etc. I definitely see that they're trying to copy the art style exactly but not really "stealing" it.

Presisfree12

Dec 22, 2022
Don't see how that's stolen artwork? It's definitely copying the artstyle, but I wouldn't say its stealing the art. The only way art could be stolen is if its being copy and pasted, but that doesn't work when changing subject matter, story, characters etc. I definitely see that they're trying to copy the art style exactly but not really "stealing" it.
exactly my thought, just coz i drew something in the style of the mona lisa doesn't mean i stole the art, inspiration exists and is common.

Plus, PJ universe + Iw style sounds like the thing of dreams

4.60 star(s) 11 Votes