Zuul

Dec 2, 2016
Btw, it's not just the art which is identical to IW, but also a lot of the scripting on top of the ren'py engine. Their custom menus are identical and most damning of all their use of Live2D. If it's a rip-off, they're somehow ripping off both the art and the programming from Sad Crab. That's not what's happening.
Wait until you find out it's incredibly easy to copy and edit Live2D animations, trace art, and rip Ren'py code and assets.

I don't think that happened here, but saying they'd have to "somehow" manage that, as if it were difficult, is silly.

Socko55

Apr 8, 2019
I must admit I have no knowledge about Percy Jackson. Basically now is my first contact, but why Pegasus as a logo? If anyone knows the reason I am quite curious. I mean the mythological Pegasus is a demigod so it fits. But his mother got kidnapped and raped by a god, she got cursed by the god's wife and the same curse turned the unborn child into a horse with wings, for his "birth" he himself had to crawl out of the throat of the decapitated corpse of his mother. That is a pretty grim symbol to pick for growing up demigods and the rest looks kind of lighthearted, so I am kind of curious if there is any meaning behind it or if the original author just didn't check the greek mythology before writing about it.
Percy's name in Percy Jackson is short for Perseus.

Even though the mythological Perseus never rode Pegasus, renaissance painters tended to portray him flying on Pegasus, probably due to his connection with Pegasus' birth.

As a result, modern depictions of Perseus tend to pair him with Pegasus.

jmncklsn

Jun 30, 2017
"No no guys, trust me! no one is gonna notice that most of our art is just ripped off from Innocent Witches!"

Being inspired is one thing, but just taking the art is another.
well, i havent played the game to see if its good, but if ripping off art from a game ends in another good game, that s fine with me. i m in F95 after all.

Reactions: vireker and Rexizor

Rexizor

Mar 4, 2021
Wdym? How can you steal art? Idk anything abt art, that's why I'm asking this. I mean if I like smn's artstyle and I want to draw similarly, would that be considered stealing? This artstyle doesn't seem new to me, maybe in the world of AVN, it's the 1st time I see it but I don't understand why it'd be considered stealing, did they copy paste sprites or smt? My question is genuine btw

THX
Sorry, poorly worded on my part. I wasn't really thinking too hard about it when I posted, and I don't really know too much about the current state of IW. When I said "stolen", I meant using the art of IW/its artists either wholesale (unlikely because I doubt there'd be much that could be transferred directly to the PJ universe), or doing something like digital edits (like recoloring hair/skin while keeping the pose/body the same) or tracing of the IW art, which, granted, isn't actually stealing the art, but it falls kinda under the umbrella, so you see what I mean, right?

Also "stolen" could include making an AI model trained of the IW art depending on who you asked but that wasn't in my mind since it seems to consistent to be AI, and I honestly don't want to risk starting that debate up.

Reactions: Johan_0000

Taragoni

Jan 5, 2018
I wonder how the Innocent Witches guys will react when they figure out that the artstyle for Innocent Witches is based on Akabur's Witch Trainer...

Johan_0000

Apr 14, 2023
Sorry, poorly worded on my part. I wasn't really thinking too hard about it when I posted, and I don't really know too much about the current state of IW. When I said "stolen", I meant using the art of IW/its artists either wholesale (unlikely because I doubt there'd be much that could be transferred directly to the PJ universe), or doing something like digital edits (like recoloring hair/skin while keeping the pose/body the same) or tracing of the IW art, which, granted, isn't actually stealing the art, but it falls kinda under the umbrella, so you see what I mean, right?

Also "stolen" could include making an AI model trained of the IW art depending on who you asked but that wasn't in my mind since it seems to consistent to be AI, and I honestly don't want to risk starting that debate up.
Oh I understand it a bit better now.Thank you for explaining it to me. I think I see what you meant now. Honestly I'm more here bc the story interested me, I rly hope the story will evolve into smt great (I still didn't play the game btw, just read the summary). For the art part, I don't rly know what to say, maybe he asked IW's dev maybe not, it'd be a pity if he rly did that bc at some point he'll be limited in what he can do plus he could just have taken a liking to that artstyle and decided to use it.

The art is good, but in then end I stay for the story. I rly hope my man got a good story for us that doesn't only revolve around sex lol.

THX

4.60 star(s) 11 Votes