5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

greyelf

Nov 16, 2016
2022 and animation artists still uploading there stuff in poor 1080p instead of 4K
Another possible reason for only uploading things in "poor 1080p" is that many (most?) people don't have 4K monitors.

: Primary Display Resolution: 1920 x 1080 => 65.74; 3840 x 2160 => 2.54%

StreamSteam

Engaged Member
Jun 24, 2022
Another possible reason for only uploading things in "poor 1080p" is that many (most?) people don't have 4K monitors.

: Primary Display Resolution: 1920 x 1080 => 65.74; 3840 x 2160 => 2.54%
Still, 2160p looks better on fhd monitors than 1080p, also what doesn't makes sense some of there videos are in 4K or in 1080p high bitrate but some aren't, (also most people have 4K tv's especially on a big screen it makes a huge difference to watch something on a higher resolution.
JackerMan for example releases everything in stunning 4K.

StreamSteam

Engaged Member
Jun 24, 2022
There is no way to prove if that statement is true or not, as it is difficult to gather the relevant stats from: Streaming services that support 4K; Game Console that support 4K; Blu-ray sales; etc. So at best that is a guess.
Why do you reply only to a small snippet of that previous statement from me ?
Still people buy 4K TV's even if not everything they watch on that screen is in native 4K.
Go to a electronic store the most tv's they sell are made for 4K, at least here in europe, don't know from where you are.
New gen consoles & RTX 30 series support it aswell, there is even AI like DLSS & FSR 2.0 that upgrades graphics to run on similar specs with much higher details.

greyelf

Nov 16, 2016
Still people buy 4K TV's even if not everything they watch on that screen is in native 4K.
Go to a electronic store the most tv's they sell are made for 4K, at least here in europe, don't know from where you are.
New gen consoles & RTX 30 series support it aswell, there is even AI like DLSS & FSR 2.0 that upgrades graphics to run on similar specs with much higher details.
All that you have said is true.

However I would argue that many people keep using the same TV for more years than they would for a device like a Mobile. So while electronic stores, and similar "places" of purchase, may be stocking mostly 4K units that doesn't mean that everyone has replaced their existing TV with such yet.

[Anecdotal case in point]
I bought my own Sony KDL-55W800B back in 2014, and I don't intend to replace it anytime in the near future (unless forced to). As: none of the local free-to-air channels broadcast/stream in 4K; I own DVDs, not Blu-ray; streaming services charge more for 4K; and the Game Consoles I own work (and look) fine on what I have. And I know others in the same or similar situation.

And I live in a country known for early adoption of new technology.

Dragon x Hunter

May 8, 2017

However I would argue that many people keep using the same TV for more years than they would for a device like a Mobile. So while electronic stores, and similar "places" of purchase, may be stocking mostly 4K units that doesn't mean that everyone has replaced their existing TV with such yet.

I bought my own Sony KDL-55W800B back in 2014, and I don't intend to replace it anytime in the near future (unless forced to). As: none of the local free-to-air channels broadcast/stream in 4K; I own DVDs, not Blu-ray; streaming services charge more for 4K; and the Game Consoles I own work (and look) fine on what I have. And I know others in the same or similar situation.

North Korea? :unsure:

• Angry
Reactions: Kalkuv

StreamSteam

Engaged Member
Jun 24, 2022

The people i know change there tv's like there smartphones every 2-3 years.
I for my part wana sell my tv which is already 4K and buy another 4K TV but with OLED & Ambilight.
Why are you holding tight to your old Sony TV ? would like to know what makes it so special or is it only money problem ?

greyelf

Nov 16, 2016
Why are you holding tight to your old Sony TV ? would like to know what makes it so special or is it only money problem ?
I gave a list of five reasons in my previous post for why my existing TV is enough for the things I used it for.

Lets look at your question from another angle...
What reasons are there for replacing my existing TV with a 4K one, considering I would be doing the same things with it?

StreamSteam

Engaged Member
Jun 24, 2022
I gave a list of five reasons in my previous post for why my existing TV is enough for the things I used it for.

Lets look at your question from another angle...
What reasons are there for replacing my existing TV with a 4K one, considering I would be doing the same things with it?
Depends, if you want better experience like higher framerates, OLED, graphics, support, warranty but sure if you are happy with your current hardware stay with it.
However this convo gets offtopic, the question stays why animation dev's still upload in 1080

Divide_By_Zero

Jr. Uploader
Sep 4, 2017
I need the best resolution to update OP...
Got the 1080p Patreon version of "Tali'Zorah THICC" from kemono just now and upped to 4 hosts.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Also. for anyone who is interested... My GPU took a shit yesterday so i finally upgraded to a RTX 3060 and to celebrate i AI enhanced and interpolated The Queen's Secret to 4k60fps H.265 NVENC...

For the Nvidia users:

randomguy6516265165

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 21, 2018
Got the 1080p Patreon version of "Tali'Zorah THICC" from kemono just now and upped to 4 hosts.

Also. for anyone who is interested... My GPU took a shit yesterday so i finally upgraded to a RTX 3060 and to celebrate i AI enhanced and interpolated The Queen's Secret to 4k60fps H.265 NVENC...

For the Nvidia users:

damn that 4k is a blessing

Zarathos4

Trial Moderator
Trial Moderator
Jul 25, 2018
From what I gather on his discord, he doesn't seem to be interested in making sequels to anything. Don't think he wants to get locked into repeating himself with the same models.
Maybe he's secretly Leonardo DiCaprio. Hates sequels.

Glen_Quagmire

Oct 30, 2017
Wouldn't it be nice if Dezmall would make a long 10 min. long Witcher video with Ciri, Yennefer and Triss
getting Pounded in a BBC gangbang in some tavern late at night. (no one has ever made one yet)

Dezmall has proved over and over again that long videos are possible to make.

I realize long videos take a very long time to make (but if Dezmall made a long Witcher video it would be epic)

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes