3.30 star(s) 9 Votes

Which girl is your favorite so far?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ghost''

Mar 17, 2021
Dilemma of Devotion [Ch.2 Ep.2] Unofficial Android Port

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

- 530mb

My Android Ports have a 2nd Persistent save location. So, even if you uninstall the game, the saves will remain Intact.

Saves location: Storage/0011/Game-name

You can also join my discord server for more and support me.

You can also join 0011 discord server

If you like my works please support me.

Reactions: Shikharisfree

ShinyDarkRai

Game Developer
Apr 27, 2021
Dan1elle Thank you for reviewing... What do you think can be improved in this to make this a 5/5? Obviously, the grammar is one of them, but beyond that what more can be done from your perspective to improve.

acidburn_32 Yes we will improve the navigation but at the same time we still want to keep the screen as empty as possible because as you just saw in the early reviews of the game. The text box was covering a lot of things in the game, which was fixed in later release.

We have a proper vision with our game, and we want to make changes into the game WHILE following that vision. So some changes take time,

Last edited:
Reactions: EndlessNights

Shikharisfree

Game Developer
Feb 2, 2022
Wait, her name is really Eugene? This isn't a typo?
Eugene is multi sex name , you can google it and you'll find a female pretty quickly. in the 2nd or 3rd image.

Anyway , we'll do some name patches in future if we have to.. but if eugene isn't to your liking just ignore her in sandbox , plenty more girls fam.

SexyShelly

Jul 22, 2023
Anybody that needs help with staying on the visual novel part of this game or just wants to stay loyal for the story, I have made a full walkthrough game play video from beginning to end of the current update

I will be posting the sandbox version in a few days

Azeroth67000

May 15, 2018
Wait, her name is really Eugene? This isn't a typo?

I had the same reaction of surprise as you, being French myself, I can say with all certainty that this is an unambiguously masculine name, even if there are unisex names in our language, this is not one of them. There are, however, feminine variants of this name, such as Eugénie or Eugénia, but it's a rather rare name in its feminine version, often judged to be very old-fashioned, somewhat outdated and not necessarily a very beautiful name either. In junior high school, I knew a girl whose name was "Eugénie" and it was a constant source of mockery, in addition to her somewhat unattractive physique - school cruelties be damned. Funny how it reminds me of that distant past now ! x)

P.S. Don't hesitate to ask me for advice on French names and expressions.

If you want to Frenchify the names of the characters in the breakfast scene at the very beginning, after the prologue, it goes something like : "Damien" (for Damian), Zoey (this works very well, a not-so-common first name that enjoyed a resurgence in popularity some time ago), Gabriel (works for the masculine, for the feminine you have Gabrielle or Gabrièle, Gabriella with one or two "l "s for borrowing from Italian or Spanish), "Luc" (for Luke) in its French form, or possibly Lucas very close to it (Lucie in the feminine form), "Eugénie" for a more correct feminine name, although it's not a very popular one (the masculine Eugène is more frequent, although it too is a relatively rare name, though less so than its feminine versions). I strongly recommend changing "Eugène" for "Eugénie", or even opting for a more pleasant and more frequent feminine name.

Last edited:

Shikharisfree

Game Developer
Feb 2, 2022
I had the same reaction of surprise as you, being French myself, I can say with all certainty that this is an unambiguously masculine name, even if there are unisex names in our language, this is not one of them. There are, however, feminine variants of this name, such as Eugénie or Eugénia, but it's a rather rare name in its feminine version, often judged to be very old-fashioned, somewhat outdated and not necessarily a very beautiful name either. In junior high school, I knew a girl whose name was "Eugénie" and it was a constant source of mockery, in addition to her somewhat unattractive physique - school cruelties be damned. Funny how it reminds me of that distant past now ! x)
Plot twist I studied in your school and have been preparing this plan for all this time.

jokes aside eugene is unisex

however rest assured that girl has tits and a vagina nothing more or less lmao.

Azeroth67000

May 15, 2018
Plot twist I studied in your school and have been preparing this plan for all this time.

jokes aside eugene is unisex

however rest assured that girl has tits and a vagina nothing more or less lmao.
If you're referring to German or English or other languages, I can't say, it's possible, because I'm not an expert in those languages either. However, if it's French, it's not a unisex name. I've mentioned these feminine versions above. You can check for French, I'm telling the truth that's all I'm sure of, having double-checked in the meantime before writing what I said above. So-called neutral or unisex first names are relatively rare in French, certain usages or forms having been completely lost, our language often favors masculine forms for a neutral use of a word, but it's quite categorical about the masculine-feminine distiction three quarters of the time.
In France, for example, feminist activists are fighting to impose feminine variations on certain job names or words in everyday use, because they feel that our language doesn't encourage the use of feminine terms enough, considering that this is a sign of sexism and male domination that persists in our language.

P.S: I reconfirm it to you again after having once again checked the use of the first name in French, and it is always "Eugène" in the masculine, "Eugénie" or "Eugénia" in the feminine.

P.S 2 :
I saw in response to another comment that you cited as a source a Google search showing only Asian women (very strangely actually) mentioned with the first name "Eugene", but this is probably a random transliteration of their first name in the Latin alphabet, if not perhaps also in phonetic format, so it is undoubtedly unreliable for Asian languages (Chinese, Korean, Japanese) “translated” with Western characters. Above all, I think that the native speakers of these languages do not necessarily master the nuances of our languages (and conversely we do too of course for their languages) and therefore errors of this type are entirely possible. This example therefore does not seem very relevant to me, if at all. I say this of course without intending to be condescending towards native speakers of Asian languages.

P.S 2.1 : Apparently it is indeed a fault of transliteration from Asian languages to Latin/Western languages, we especially see in your example images of the actress and singer of the South Korean group music S.E.S, Kim Yoo-Sin from her real first name at birth, and whose stage name is "Eugene", which she chose out of a desire for Western romanization based on phonetic principles inherited from her native language.

As a reminder, page 16 at the very bottom for the Google images search capture, the example I am responding to here and which does not seem relevant, other than being an example likely to mislead the person who might come across it : https://f95zone.to/threads/dilemma-of-devotion-ch-2-ep-2-pulsehavenstudios.197755/post-13436284

Here I quote some things I found about how Korean works compared to our Western languages:

“female names generally have soft “vowel” sounds like 은 (eun), 연 (yeon), 아 (a), 예 (ye) while male names tend to have fairly strong “consonant” sounds like 석 ( seok), 준 (jun), 철 (cheol) or 혁 (hyeok)."

"Romanization of names

If you read Hangeul, the Korean script, you may have noticed inconsistencies in how Korean names are written in Latin characters.
Indeed, the romanization of Korean surnames is old and has often been kept by default over the generations. As a result, you are definitely pronouncing them the wrong way.

김 - Kim is pronounced more like [gim]

이 - Lee is pronounced simply

박 - Park is pronounced more like [bak]

최 - Choi is pronounced [chwé]"

"When it comes to first names, it is generally the person themselves who chooses how they want their name to be romanized. Since Korean sounds are different from foreign sounds, there isn't really a single answer, it's more about aesthetics."

"Note that no matter which romanized name you choose, it always represents a fairly close but never exact version of the Korean pronunciation. You must therefore refer to Korean writing to know how to pronounce a name."

Theses informations comes from this site (sorry it's in French but no doubt you will find it elsewhere, or you can use translation software to translate the page into your language)

:

Last edited:

Shikharisfree

Game Developer
Feb 2, 2022
If you're referring to German or English or other languages, I can't say, it's possible, because I'm not an expert in those languages either. However, if it's French, it's not a unisex name. I've mentioned these feminine versions above. You can check for French, I'm telling the truth that's all I'm sure of, having double-checked in the meantime before writing what I said above. So-called neutral or unisex first names are relatively rare in French, certain usages or forms having been completely lost, our language often favors masculine forms for a neutral use of a word, but it's quite categorical about the masculine-feminine distiction three quarters of the time.
In France, for example, feminist activists are fighting to impose feminine variations on certain job names or words in everyday use, because they feel that our language doesn't encourage the use of feminine terms enough, considering that this is a sign of sexism and male domination that persists in our language.

P.S: I reconfirm it to you again after having once again checked the use of the first name in French, and it is always "Eugène" in the masculine, "Eugénie" or "Eugénia" in the feminine.

P.S 2 :
I saw in response to another comment that you cited as a source a Google search showing only Asian women (very strangely actually) mentioned with the first name "Eugene", but this is probably a random transliteration of their first name in the Latin alphabet, if not perhaps also in phonetic format, so it is undoubtedly unreliable for Asian languages (Chinese, Korean, Japanese) “translated” with Western characters. Above all, I think that the native speakers of these languages do not necessarily master the nuances of our languages (and conversely we do too of course for their languages) and therefore errors of this type are entirely possible. This example therefore does not seem very relevant to me, if at all. I say this of course without intending to be condescending towards native speakers of Asian languages.

P.S 2.1 : Apparently it is indeed a fault of transliteration from Asian languages to Latin/Western languages, we especially see in your example images of the actress and singer of the South Korean group music S.E.S, Kim Yoo-Sin from her real first name at birth, and whose stage name is "Eugene", which she chose out of a desire for Western romanization based on phonetic principles inherited from her native language.

As a reminder, page 16 at the very bottom for the Google images search capture, the example I am responding to here and which does not seem relevant, other than being an example likely to mislead the person who might come across it : https://f95zone.to/threads/dilemma-of-devotion-ch-2-ep-2-pulsehavenstudios.197755/post-13436284

Here I quote some things I found about how Korean works compared to our Western languages:

“female names generally have soft “vowel” sounds like 은 (eun), 연 (yeon), 아 (a), 예 (ye) while male names tend to have fairly strong “consonant” sounds like 석 ( seok), 준 (jun), 철 (cheol) or 혁 (hyeok)."

"Romanization of names

If you read Hangeul, the Korean script, you may have noticed inconsistencies in how Korean names are written in Latin characters.
Indeed, the romanization of Korean surnames is old and has often been kept by default over the generations. As a result, you are definitely pronouncing them the wrong way.

김 - Kim is pronounced more like [gim]

이 - Lee is pronounced simply

박 - Park is pronounced more like [bak]

최 - Choi is pronounced [chwé]"

"When it comes to first names, it is generally the person themselves who chooses how they want their name to be romanized. Since Korean sounds are different from foreign sounds, there isn't really a single answer, it's more about aesthetics."

"Note that no matter which romanized name you choose, it always represents a fairly close but never exact version of the Korean pronunciation. You must therefore refer to Korean writing to know how to pronounce a name."

Theses informations comes from this site (sorry it's in French but no doubt you will find it elsewhere, or you can use translation software to translate the page into your language)

:
You can make the argument that in american lingo it is not but as your comment itself states it's a unisex in worldwide regardless.

Now we could make a name changing patch for something this trivial if you want but I'm quite sure you're here for the girls not their names so much.

Anyway at least you still have a logical explanation other than the genius people that were here earlier calling this game "woke"
lmao like did I post rainbow flags over my game or something , there isn't even a gay reference.

3.30 star(s) 9 Votes