VN Ren'Py Abandoned Dim the Lights [Ep. 5 v1.0] [Naughty Cat Entertainment]

3.30 star(s) 9 Votes

Crimsonfiend76

Herald - Super Naked Ginger Cuddle Time
Donor
Sep 8, 2020
I don't mind the kinetic version of this, however I feel the MC is a little too impulsive with Kate. I mean after Nicole had been so lonely for so long and Bella literally just got home I honestly think grand romantic gesture aside, it was too soon to go on a weekend getaway with Kate. I liked her initially, and while I do not agree she is a gold digger, I feel like Erica would be a much better match as a potential girlfriend (assuming the slow burn with Nicole/Bella/Cara) while I'd feel better keeping Kate as a FWB for now, until the MC is able to spend more time casually hanging out with her.

I also agree the chalet retreat with the romantic beginning only for it to end abruptly along with that possible side drama with visit from the Sherriff was way to jarring of an ending. It obviously feels incomplete and I assume the Dev just made a mistake and didn't know how/where to go with the rest of their trip and just wanted to have them hurry back home. Speaking of things that happened off screen, while Diana was brought up numerous times early on as a reason for all the temptation with Kate, it would have been nice to get see her a bit, even if it was for the MC and her to have their 'amicable' breakup. Clearly the MC has no deep feelings for her but it would have been nice to see what her take was on their relationship since they had dated for several months and if she also felt like it was just a casual fling that would never go anywhere in the future.

Lastly, if I was the MC and that invested in taking more control of the family business interests and Mr. Sky's whereabouts in particular, that would mean a hell of a lot more to me than once again thinking with my dick in spite of how great the sex was and start to take Lewis's counsel more seriously and really look into what's goin over getting more pussy. I get that Nicole had been unintentionally blue-balling him, but that didn't mean he needed to take off for 3 day sex vacation at the most inopportune time.

Last edited:
Reactions: kartolas

BTLD

Engaged Member
Sep 18, 2017
as the things stand atm - never.
it looks like yet another abandoned project at early stages....
not sure where you get your information but
Thread Updated: 2021-07-13
so...it's barely been a month...

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
not sure where you get your information but
Thread Updated: 2021-07-13
so...it's barely been a month...
doesnt matter much when thread was updated (unless it was last few days or so, with an actual update).
here we have one month, and few days, without any post/info on patreon, the latest was 0.4 episode release (10.07.2021).

till now the dev used to post regularly on patreon, update info, previews and such.
for a game/project with 1-2 months developing cycle, at very early stages, this doesnt look promising at all, imo.
so, i would be (pleasantly) surprised if this project isnt abandoned.

BTLD

Engaged Member
Sep 18, 2017
doesnt matter much when thread was updated (unless it was last few days or so, with an actual update).
here we have one month, and few days, without any post/info on patreon, the latest was 0.4 episode release (10.07.2021).

till now the dev used to post regularly on patreon, update info, previews and such.
for a game/project with 1-2 months developing cycle, at very early stages, this doesnt look promising at all, imo.
so, i would be (pleasantly) surprised if this project isnt abandoned.
maybe he is working on the VN , maybe real life issues , maybe a lot of things...
if last update would have been 3 months ago I would agree with you but knowing is was 1 month ago...yea...can't really agree
also dev was not that active here...can't really take that as a way of measuring...

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
maybe he is working on the VN , maybe real life issues , maybe a lot of things...
if last update would have been 3 months ago I would agree with you but knowing is was 1 month ago...yea...can't really agree
also dev was not that active here...can't really take that as a way of measuring...
it is just a "feeling", based on few facts, for now...we shall see how this will turn out at the end.

the key issue is this:
the game has 1.5 months developing cycle so far (2-3 updates only, though) and the dev has posted regularly on patreon every week or two, prior to this ongoing "silence".

as possible reasons for it, i would exclude "he is working on vn, has no time", unless he has splitted personalities or so.
any other reason could be cause, yup, yet if there is no info regarding the unexpected issues/delays, for the dev who posted regularly so far, it looks, if not rude, than fairly bad.

BTLD

Engaged Member
Sep 18, 2017
Who is that dude? and why does he look like Diego Olivera a Spanish Soap Opera star... He's the only guy that I'm in love with. Makes me gayer than a Rainbow candle on top of a cake titled Power Bottom Birthday on a parade float during Pride Month.
that dude is the MC

• Red Heart
Reactions: Larry2000
3.30 star(s) 9 Votes