Dussop

Horrible Writer
Game Developer
Jan 31, 2023
No clue then, all I do is compress the raw export from Unity and then upload it to mega so I can't see how it would've picked up anything bad

I tried everything and I somehow can't get the Alex beach event to fire, I went to look for her at the park in the morning and she isn't there, the train take you nowhere, how am I suppose to get the event?
The train should take you to the village where Alex is, what does the quest log say? have you done the event with alex where you join her in a trip to the village? It should be in the morning or afternoon at the train station I think.

The writing feels like you are following thirteen-year-olds. Probably the worst age to aim for, not only is that the phase where they are a combination of still being child and teenager but mostly because it feels icky in a pr0n game. A bit to self-aware and the jokes aren’t good. The MC feels bad, he doesn’t really show any positive attributes. He is a brat.

“[...] ,well have you at least gotten more uses to the powers.” That is question and needs a question mark. The MC has at last some sort of idea how to help her with her problem and she answers with “Boring..”? Bratty b*tch. Then came the dialogue with Azalea and I’ve decided that I give up with the game. The writing is bad to average at it’s best. No character so far is likeable or intriguing. Everyone besides Alex and the teacher are some level of asshole. The hook of the plot that someone is doing something, and the “mystery” around MC’s teleport power are simply not interesting enough like this. Maybe show us some flash backs what is happening. The game looks nice at last. I would give it two and a half star rating.

Spying on Kit in the Bathroom, the back and forth with the camera is a bit nauseating. Wandering around in Last Beacon tells me that I must do Tiks first quest, then throws me in some sort of character menu. I would simply disable the travel to Last Beacon if there weren’t anything to do or see before said first quest.
I appreciate your feedback.

I think what doesn't come through clearly is this is my first game and not only that, my first time writing for a game like this.
I'm slowly learning and practicing writing, and after my Masters of creative writing is done maybe the dialogue in the game will be better, who knows?
You can't really hold me to the standards of a full game with a budget and years of development, I only started this project in february and I have about 10 or so hours every week to work on it.
And I wrote most of the female characters as assholes on purpose because that's just the type of character I like.
I appreciate you giving my game a try but if you don't like the tone, then I'm not going to force you to play it.
Also that last bit might be a bug, I'll make sure to fix it.

Reactions: BNETTO

Andromodus

Feb 9, 2020
yeah i losy interest fast. sandbox, reformed bully is a LI and just terrible anime logic with simp behavior.

molitar

Engaged Member
Sep 22, 2016
Unable to visit village for Alex part 3 of quest. I have tried morning, noon, and night and no option to go to village! Seems broken to me.

Dussop

Horrible Writer
Game Developer
Jan 31, 2023
Unable to visit village for Alex part 3 of quest. I have tried morning, noon, and night and no option to go to village! Seems broken to me.
Someone had this problem on discord, for some reason a new save file fixed it, ill try and get a permanent fix for next update.

Reactions: BNETTO and molitar
Sep 1, 2019
So I get through the prologue, and the screen turns black and nothing works. Ren'py would have been a much better choice for an engine.

Dussop

Horrible Writer
Game Developer
Jan 31, 2023
So I get through the prologue, and the screen turns black and nothing works. Ren'py would have been a much better choice for an engine.
I disagree, Renpy is outdated and limited (and im terrible with Python) The game probably got caught on something while loading, you could probably get away with starting a new save and just choosing the skip intro button and lose no progress.

DukeCR

Mar 11, 2022
Hi all!

For some reason, I was unable to load or save the game in the latest update. It seems to be some sort of incompatibility with old saves. To fix this, I had to access AppData\LocalLow\Dussop's Fables\ and delete the save files. After that, the game is able to save again.

I hope this helps if anyone is facing this issue, have a great day!

Reactions: Dussop

Vizer007

Oct 15, 2019
Name appearing in the center of the screen is seriously bad and in dire need of fixing.
I mean, it should be on the left side of the screen so that you know who is talking without the need to look at the center of the screen, really immersion breaking thing, since, in all VN games, you can just use peripheral vision and the color of the name will tell who is talking, but since the name is so far away - you are forced to look somewhere else before reading.

Dussop

Horrible Writer
Game Developer
Jan 31, 2023
Name appearing in the center of the screen is seriously bad and in dire need of fixing.
I mean, it should be on the left side of the screen so that you know who is talking without the need to look at the center of the screen, really immersion breaking thing, since, in all VN games, you can just use peripheral vision and the color of the name will tell who is talking, but since the name is so far away - you are forced to look somewhere else before reading.
I appreciate the feedback.
But also what? The name being in the middle is not that uncommon in visual novels, and I intentionally made the names coloured so that you COULD catch it in your peripheral vision.
I appreciate you trying to justify your personal preference with some weird logic. And I accept your preference, I will even actually take it into consideration, but to call it "Seriously bad" is a bit far-fetched.

Thank you for your comment.

Reactions: Vizer007
3.80 star(s) 10 Votes