Ren'Py Dissonance [v0.10 Part 2] [L_Elyot]

4.30 star(s) 24 Votes

molitar

Engaged Member
Sep 22, 2016
I started to play this one and I have to say I enjoy that the weekend actually feels like a full day and not those stupid 3 or 4 events in a day. Playing linear but he spent time with Niwa, visited the garden, visited the cafe, visited the (book) store and continues to downtown. Nice to actually read something that feels like a day of activity. Not tried sandbox but hopefully it has many events in a day also.

molitar

Engaged Member
Sep 22, 2016
I can not call this a Visual Novel it's a kinetic novel and a very very long one at that. I have played this for a good 10+ hours and just now seeing a single kiss scene. It is a good story if you want to see anything it's going to take forever. I have to put this on the back burner I want to see some damn scenes.. have not even seen a nude scene yet!

69BOI69

Jul 24, 2020
I can not call this a Visual Novel it's a kinetic novel and a very very long one at that. I have played this for a good 10+ hours and just now seeing a single kiss scene. It is a good story if you want to see anything it's going to take forever. I have to put this on the back burner I want to see some damn scenes.. have not even seen a nude scene yet!
you should probably write that in a review. would've made me play this sooner.

taru

Apr 23, 2018
i like this since i use my name in these games as taru and this is close

bobdillan

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2016
View attachment 2229701

Overview:
Dissonance is an on-going visual novel where you follow Toru Hirai as he attempts to readjust to his life after a coma. Throughout the story, you'll find yourself interacting with and deepening your connections with several characters as you explore Ametohi. And there's no need to be picky about where you go and when, after all, you'll have plenty of time!​

Thread Updated: 2023-07-18
Release Date: 2023-07-18
Developer: L_Elyot - - -
Censored: No
Version: 0.5 Public
Language: English
Genre:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Changelog:

Developer Notes:

DOWNLOAD
Win/Linux: GDRIVE - - - MEGA
Mac: GDRIVE - - - MEGA

Extras: Spanish Translation*

View attachment 2206343 View attachment 2206344 View attachment 2206345 View attachment 2206346 View attachment 2229717 View attachment 2670995 View attachment 2670996 View attachment 2670997 View attachment 2670998
True harem? or Poly mislabeled?

i.e. MC has all the girls exclusively and isn't sharing them (even with other LIs, doesn't include MFF threesomes with the exception of strap-ons and certain acts... like MC sitting and watching, that sharing... and Netorase).

Polyamory: No exclusivity to MC, and can mess around with other people with or without MC. (This often gets mislabelled as harem, when there is only one man in the mix, but it is still sharing and not harem).

Note: if game has both, i.e. poly is avoidable and can have harem only. The answer would be Yes to harem, but also Yes to poly.

Reason to ask such a question: '"Harem" Residence' (has zero harem and forced sharing to strap-on gangbangs without MC, among other lesbian content forced on the player).

"CJ"

Conversation Conqueror
Mar 6, 2021
Dissonance [v0.5 Public] [L_Elyot] crunched

Original / Compressed Size PC*: 1,12 GB / 449 MB - Dissonance-0.5-pc-crunched.zip
Original / Compressed Size Mac: 1,09 GB / 414 MB - Dissonance-0.5-mac-crunched.zip
= ~40,1% of the original size, image quality 80% (png90%)

Download (PC*/Mac): - -

(y) My compressious likeses! (y) Give them to us you filthy little pervertses! :p

This compression is unofficial and not thoroughly tested, use it at your own risk.
The compressing process reduces the quality and can break the game.

*PC = Win+Linux

Last edited:

Draxeeon

Sep 7, 2020
Is a good game. There are characters that get my attention.
And ignoring a certain resemblance to a certain visual novel...

The only detail is that the events where Suzu appears, and Sayuri with Ume are unbearable.
Since she (Ume) forces and/or manipulates Mc at the whim of her sister (Sayuri)
I hope that in the future he can be sent to hell and/or resign from the position of professor.

I hope that in the future he can be sent to hell and/or resign from the position of professor.

Last edited:

Valter1

Jan 12, 2023
You're trying too hard to be like LiL. Inspiration is natural and welcome, but understand that everything you like or look up to is flawed and can be improved on in your own way. You did this successfully in some aspects, including with the amnesia trope, but a lot of it still feels like a replication.
Keep it up, the mystery is interesting.

crustlord12

Jun 24, 2020
So far, solid game. I left a review, def going to keep an eye on this one. It updates every 2 months or so?

Cernunnos.

May 27, 2017
Really enjoyed this game thus far on the linear path. Generally with these games I will get frustrated despite liking them due to the myriad repeatable and required "events" and having to bumble around to find actual story progressing events.

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Game Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
Dissonance [v0.6 Public] [L_Elyot]

COMPRESSED:

Win/Linux:

- -

Mac:

- -

Last edited:

Winstorm86

May 30, 2020
Still going through my first time playing the game, at the first library scene with one of the girls(in linear mode). Was not expecting the notebook flip, even though it's a bit cheesy I laughed way harder than I should have at the text. I guess it was the randomness and not seeing it coming idk, but slow clap, ty for the laugh dev.

Greily

Mar 4, 2018
Just caught up on the latest update. Last time I read a VN this good it was fan translated. Looking forward to more.
I will say that I don't think sandbox adds much at this point in time other then switching to it at the end of the update mebbe. Given how dense the writing is (not complaining) sand box mode made me feel bad for how often I hit the skip button so I just switched to linear mode after a couple weeks.

I don't care if it has similarities to other games, it's impossible to avoid that. This is well made aside from some typos that need to be ironed out, and tells it's own story.

If I had a problem with how similar this may or may not be to LiL I might also be the kind of person who never played past the first dark souls or ignored diablo 4 because there were 3 more before it. Or ya know...avoided games with similar tags to it...

Last edited:
4.30 star(s) 24 Votes