Ren'Py Dissonance [v0.10 Part 2] [L_Elyot]

4.30 star(s) 24 Votes

kibaris

Mar 17, 2019
I don't understand why people hate suzu so much, I find their relationship funny ^^ ,and once toru finally starts acting more like a teacher and beeing more reliable, she become a little more nicer to him .
Personally, it's more Sayuri that I have a problem with.

We keep hearing that she wants to work things out with toru, but in the end and despite what she said , she try to avoids interacting with him more than improve things (like when Toru has to go to the infirmary and Sayuri doesn't want to go with him, so Nadeko goes in the end) or during the festival, when she uses Suzu as a false excuse to escape Toru's company. Later she's even blaming Suzu, telling her that it's because of her that she can't get closer to Toru when Sayuri's already doing a great job at sabotaging herself .
When she finally try something with that dorm plan, it comes to nothing and she satisfied that Toru wants to keep his distance with her by fear of what Ume might think and because she want to act at her own pace.

Of course it's a very difficult situation for her too, after all beeing forgotten by someone you love is horrible, especially when he seems to be more happy without you. But at the rate she's doing things for now and given the fact that Toru still doesn't remember anything after 3 months apart from a little conversation with a stranger. she will have to speed things up if she dont want to lose him for good , because if she wait until Toru get is memories back, she may die of old age before that happening at the rate he get them back for now :LOL: (and more seriously, if she's really pregnant and Ume doesnt seem to know from what Suzu said, that will complicate things a lot and quickly for her and Toru)

So it's more the way she handle things that bothering me rather than the whole character but the bond between Suzu and Sayuri and how Suzu always have her back ( and that's also why she's so aggressive toward Toru in the begining) is one of the things i liked the most in the game and they are for sure a great duo :)

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
L_Elyot

This is the only one I have caught so far but I was not really looking for them.
Should be "then" not "than" Dissonance_0 2023-10-03 07-04-00-29.jpg

dantarium

Jul 25, 2020
I don't understand why people hate suzu so much, I find their relationship funny ^^ ,and once toru finally starts acting more like a teacher and beeing more reliable, she become a little more nicer to him

Personally, I just find her really annoying. I understand that she is a teen and also that teenagers can be very pigheaded and shallow about things, but that is what bothers me

I know Im a grown ass man hating on a teen with this, but the way I see it, this is one of the "it isnt happening to me, so its only a bother" kind of situations. She just rails on "sensei" for being an amnesiac and a "burden" to everyone, but

a) at no point were we made aware of what caused the amnesia, only that we were found in the middle of the street, unconscious, and were in a 1-2 month COMA (one we were lucky to even wake up from) so im sorry i guess? sorry Im not up to the standard i was at before this all happened

b)this happened to "sensei", so Suzu can put up all her whatever it is she wants, but would she react the same if it happened to someone she actually interacts a lot with? if this happened to Sayuri or Ume. would she be singing the same tune?

maybe as the story progresses we will know the actual dynamic of what is actually happening between them, but at the moment, with all the unknowns, this is my main gripe about her. if the story later shows us something really bad, then i ll eat my words, but yeah

Virulenz

Engaged Member
Sep 27, 2017
Sumu is fun to tease and the smile she tries to hide speaks volumes about her feelings. Rikka is the annoying one, sweet and gifted, but too much of an airhead to enjoy her.

(unstable inet, if it ends as double/multi post keep one and delete the others)

derekthered56

May 30, 2018
I'm actually a bit on Suzu's side. Like I get how amnesia could make going back into an academic career difficult, but I don't see how it prevents him from studying his lesson plan, or doing basic paperwork. The reason he's having so much trouble isn't his amnesia, it's partly because of his paralyzing fear of crowds that he refuses to talk to people about, and partly because he actually is lazy and irresponsible. It literally took the universe stabbing him to get him to do his homework. So I think Suzu's right to think he should have been stepping up faster.

Also, he's using the lack of oversight to flirt or more with several of his students, which is what Suzu was worried would happen when they talked about him visiting the dorms.

kibaris

Mar 17, 2019
Personally, I just find her really annoying. I understand that she is a teen and also that teenagers can be very pigheaded and shallow about things, but that is what bothers me

I know Im a grown ass man hating on a teen with this, but the way I see it, this is one of the "it isnt happening to me, so its only a bother" kind of situations. She just rails on "sensei" for being an amnesiac and a "burden" to everyone, but

a) at no point were we made aware of what caused the amnesia, only that we were found in the middle of the street, unconscious, and were in a 1-2 month COMA (one we were lucky to even wake up from) so im sorry i guess? sorry Im not up to the standard i was at before this all happened

b)this happened to "sensei", so Suzu can put up all her whatever it is she wants, but would she react the same if it happened to someone she actually interacts a lot with? if this happened to Sayuri or Ume. would she be singing the same tune?

maybe as the story progresses we will know the actual dynamic of what is actually happening between them, but at the moment, with all the unknowns, this is my main gripe about her. if the story later shows us something really bad, then i ll eat my words, but yeah

We know that Suzu and Toru weren't close before but she wasn't like that with him before the coma.
On the other hand Sayuri and Toru where close so Suzu just want to protect her closest friend and not to see her beeing hurt by Toru, intentionaly or not, because he isnt the same person that he was before the coma, (even Ume notice it after a few words in the hospital), Suzu know it too and want to see the kind of person that he his now .
Did she push it to far sometimes? sure but Toru's amnesia isnt the direct cause of his indecision and slacking,(of course it's not easy for him too but for now, Suzu priority is Sayuri, not Toru ) but once he start to be reliable again , things get better and that bickering seem more like a game beetween them than anything else now.

You have every right to dislike her, especialy since they are so many unknown for now, it's just that some reaction that i have seen where exessively hostiles on her and it's more that really surprised me ^^.

shaderu

May 15, 2020
I find the bickering with Suzu kinda fun but I also agree with her being upset. There are so many things "wrong" with the situation. You are basically just some stranger wearing the skin of someone they knew even if parts of your old self are still in there. It is quite obvious you are getting special treatment which she could feel may be undeserved. You are put in charge of a class when it is rather clear you are not ready for this. Ignoring just the fact you are unskilled in teaching you clearly have some kind of mental issue when it comes to crowds. She also seems to be studious and putting a man who does not know anything about teaching in charge is directly affecting her education. Like imagine you went to learn to cook and in the middle of learning the proper techniques the chef gets replaced with one who can not even microwave a hot pocket. I feel I could go on and on about this but others have already made many of the points I have and would say. My guess as to why people are upset is that most people do not play these games expecting one of the girls to not actually like them (at first) so they get upset about it. Personally to me she feels the most real of the girls.

Sep 26, 2018
Oh damn this one of those AO3 long-term slow burn shit huh? Gonna get the first glimpse of sexual content on like version .20 or some shit?
There's a blowie in there at some point but this is a game to read, not to beat your meat to.

Which i personally prefer because there's plenty of "unga bunga me put penis in lady" games on here but much less that ultimately tell an interesting story.

But different strokes for different folks i suppose.

Josh Spicer

Sep 19, 2018
There's a blowie in there at some point but this is a game to read, not to beat your meat to.

Which i personally prefer because there's plenty of "unga bunga me put penis in lady" games on here but much less that ultimately tell an interesting story.

But different strokes for different folks i suppose.
Oh that wasn't intended as a negative, just an observation on my part.

Just cause I mentioned that this game doesn't rush into the sex doesn't mean I'm against it. Sorry if I came across more negative than anything, but my intention was never "this game slow, no sex, boo this shit" it was more along the lines "oh shit, this is a slow burn huh? gonna be a while before any actual sex? Neat."

Sep 26, 2018
Oh that wasn't intended as a negative, just an observation on my part.

Just cause I mentioned that this game doesn't rush into the sex doesn't mean I'm against it. Sorry if I came across more negative than anything, but my intention was never "this game slow, no sex, boo this shit" it was more along the lines "oh shit, this is a slow burn huh? gonna be a while before any actual sex? Neat."
And my apologies if i came across as condescending

Woodstock_1983

Sep 16, 2020
I don't know about the sandbox version but the linear don't have a sex scenes yet. It's just mostly a huge story about the MC. Also, I keep getting a vibe that superpowers or super natural is involved somewhere.

Jul 31, 2021
I don't know about the sandbox version but the linear don't have a sex scenes yet. It's just mostly a huge story about the MC. Also, I keep getting a vibe that superpowers or super natural is involved somewhere.
Neither don't have much in terms of sex scenes, they're quite literally the same experience.

Woodstock_1983

Sep 16, 2020
Neither don't have much in terms of sex scenes, they're quite literally the same experience.
OK. thanks. I played in the linear version and I kept hearing a beeping know but then they say that they sent some kind of picture or text but they don't show anything. The Dev might want to fix that so that everyone can see the texts and pictures whether you play the sandbox or linear version.

Oct 1, 2023
This game has potential to be the best VN.
I hope the creator didn't abandon it, even if it's just been 2 months the lack of communication is already worrying me because I want to see more.
My favorite is lessons in love and this game is extremely similiar (obviously inspired by it)

MongerDongerer

Nov 11, 2023
*wakes up from a coma*
Nurse: Can I finish my burger, please?
*Goes to sleep*

Anyways, good writing and a nice story

Last edited:
4.30 star(s) 24 Votes