Ren'Py Dissonance [v0.10 Part 2] [L_Elyot]

4.30 star(s) 24 Votes

Casseh

May 12, 2018
Another Lessons in Love inspired game, albeit one that definitely has potential to be a lot more than it currently is. Let's hope it gains traction and the updates become more regular.

Oct 1, 2023
Got this game recommended to me by another game (namely Lost in You) and gotta say, Dissonance is easily the best game that came out of the Lessons in Love genre yet.
Whilst I agree with this statement, it feels very slow unfortunately and I get the feeling it will end up being abandoned sooner or later (Like 95% of VNs). Can't blame the creator either because these games are very difficult to make and require a lot of dedication, specially when you have real life stuff to do.
Maybe if this gets famous enough at some point, if he can do this fulltime, we will get faster updates.

crustlord12

Jun 24, 2020
Whilst I agree with this statement, it feels very slow unfortunately and I get the feeling it will end up being abandoned sooner or later (Like 95% of VNs). Can't blame the creator either because these games are very difficult to make and require a lot of dedication, specially when you have real life stuff to do.
Maybe if this gets famous enough at some point, if he can do this fulltime, we will get faster updates.
It looks like 0.8 is coming out soon (or even released?), according to the subscribestar
1704755757997.png

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
Dissonance [v0.8 Public] [L_Elyot]

COMPRESSED:

Win/Linux:
- - -

Mac:
- - -

Cat Burger

Jul 28, 2021
If we pay him enough surely he'll start making the game full-time.
Clueless.png

zeroobliv

Dec 12, 2019
Kyoko's new event is broken. Sends back to the title screen at the end and it's the only thing I've even done from the update.

L_Elyot

Dissonance Dev
Game Developer
Dec 2, 2022
Kyoko's new event is broken. Sends back to the title screen at the end and it's the only thing I've even done from the update.
That's a slight coding error on my part. Instead of visiting her dorm, head to the maid cafe and it should play as intended. If not, linear mode can be accessed on weekend mornings and that shouldn't have any problems.

zeroobliv

Dec 12, 2019
That's a slight coding error on my part. Instead of visiting her dorm, head to the maid cafe and it should play as intended. If not, linear mode can be accessed on weekend mornings and that shouldn't have any problems.
That worked. Thanks.

Reactions: L_Elyot

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
Man... i want to like this game, i really do, but god is it sloooow, i don't mind a slow burn game, but this one is glacial and it's not like there's a lot to get through, most of it is just hum drum daily life for some guy and the people who he sees regularly... i feel like it has a good shot at being a good game when it finally gets to the point where shit is actually occurring, but getting there is such a slog with no real reward and it feels like it's going to take at least a few years to finally get through it...

crustlord12

Jun 24, 2020
Man... i want to like this game, i really do, but god is it sloooow, i don't mind a slow burn game, but this one is glacial and it's not like there's a lot to get through, most of it is just hum drum daily life for some guy and the people who he sees regularly... i feel like it has a good shot at being a good game when it finally gets to the point where shit is actually occurring, but getting there is such a slog with no real reward and it feels like it's going to take at least a few years to finally get through it...
I agree, for the most part. I'm enjoying the game so far, and I absolutely prefer a game to be slower than to just rush into ridiculous H-scenes from the get-go, but it's starting to drag just a tiny bit.

Obviously there's a delicate balance between rushing the story and compromising the vision the dev has, but one can only build up intrigue and teases before the audience begins to lose interest. I'm not saying that the MC has to raw dog three characters next update, but I'm really hoping there's less treading water/mild hints at something going on with the MC.

JelF547

Mar 15, 2023
I think 0.7 (and maybe 0.6) is normalish and 0.8 is already good. I think it would be a nice game when L_Elyot would have even more expirience with writing and would rewrite prologue or at least do something with it.
I agree, for the most part. I'm enjoying the game so far, and I absolutely prefer a game to be slower than to just rush into ridiculous H-scenes from the get-go, but it's starting to drag just a tiny bit.
As I already said in review, it is more like disfocused than slow. I.e. if we look only on Chiyo route, it would develop realy fast. However characters here are secondary to the main plot, so you have to hear enormous amount of MC story before you can continue peek into character's stories.

tl;dr There is no division into main/side characters, because the only main character is protagonist. And he is boring AF

4.30 star(s) 24 Votes