Deleted member 3250193

AlterWorlds Writer
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2021
Well. All I needed to see in the reviews was 'mini-games during sex scenes'. Right. That gets an unwatch. Moving on. Mini games are ALWAYS shit. It's utterly retarded putting them in sex scenes.
You could have read further and saw that most of the mini-games have been removed, except a couple that are pertinent to the story.

Splatter_1

Mar 30, 2018
I am not sure if anyone else has issues but for me I get random - ish game crashes, throwing me back to the desktop, even if I save the game beforehand it forces me to start a new game. First crash was when the detective was talking to the android and she said something about cant wait to see YOUR report happened 2 times there, then the next was as the lady was leaving the room with the black android sitting. After that I quit playing.

Feb 19, 2021
I am not sure if anyone else has issues but for me I get random - ish game crashes, throwing me back to the desktop, even if I save the game beforehand it forces me to start a new game. First crash was when the detective was talking to the android and she said something about cant wait to see YOUR report happened 2 times there, then the next was as the lady was leaving the room with the black android sitting. After that I quit playing.
the way the game code is programed is super awful there is so much slow down and crashes why is there slow down for a visal novel takes a good min to even go to the next scene there is so much bloated code in this game its funny its clear that they cant code for shit but can make good ok renders

Darth Vengeant

May 6, 2020
run into the following blocking error:

Code:
I'm sorry, but errors were detected in your script. Please correct the
errors listed below, and try again.

The label a2_18_investigation is defined twice, at
  File "xscripts/script a2.rpyc", line 102 and
  File "xscripts/script a2.rpyc", line 124.

Ren'Py Version: Ren'Py 7.2.0.424
Wed May 26 23:12:31 2021
I get the same thing. New game, never even played this game before either. First time starting. Wont work.

In fact, out of the piles of Renpy games I have played this is the first game I have ever had that simply wont even load due to that error.

TaurusBR

Oct 7, 2019
run into the following blocking error:

Code:
I'm sorry, but errors were detected in your script. Please correct the
errors listed below, and try again.

The label a2_18_investigation is defined twice, at
  File "xscripts/script a2.rpyc", line 102 and
  File "xscripts/script a2.rpyc", line 124.

Ren'Py Version: Ren'Py 7.2.0.424
Wed May 26 23:12:31 2021
I had the same problem, so I took the following:

I opened the file where it contained this error with the notepad ++ and removed the line rebooting the problem, and it worked for me.
Just remove line 124 containing the code: label a2_18_investigation:

Save the file, reload the game again and have fun.

Edit:
Initially I had removed the two lines, (respectively 102 and 124), but in chapter 2 there was a problem, so I had to reinsert line 102, to fix the problem.

Last edited:

FaceCrap

Oct 1, 2020

I opened the file where it contained this error with the notepad ++ and removed the line rebooting the problem, and it worked for me.

Edit:
Initially I had removed the two lines, (respectively 102 and 124), but in chapter 2 there was a problem, so I had to reinsert line 102, to fix the problem.
I appreciate your response, but I've got zero tolerance for devs that don't acknowledge the fact something is wrong and simply don't fix the issue... plus, like you experienced, there's no telling the effect our 'fixing' has on future content.
So I won't be wasting time on this one anymore in the future.

Darth Vengeant

May 6, 2020

Edit:
I am not finding the file xscripts/script a2.rpyc anywhere. There is no folder xscripts and there is no file called script a2.rpyc

I searched the entire folder base of the game, nothing with those names anywhere. The script files contains not line with the label a2_18_investigation line either.

Last edited:

TaurusBR

Oct 7, 2019
I am not finding the file xscripts/script a2.rpyc anywhere. There is no folder xscripts and there is no file called script a2.rpyc

I searched the entire folder base of the game, nothing with those names anywhere. The script files contains not line with the label a2_18_investigation line either.
Access the folder where the game is:

C:\Path\Divergence-BeyondTheSingularity-v0.10.2(patron)-pc\game\xscripts\

And look for 'script a2.rpy'

Note: I recommend you use so you can navigate directly to the line

Last edited:

Darth Vengeant

May 6, 2020
Access the folder where the game is:

C:\Path\Divergence-BeyondTheSingularity-v0.10.2(patron)-pc\game\xscripts\

And look for 'script a2.rpy'

Note: I recommend you use so you can navigate directly to the line
Nope. No such folder exists in the game folder. I downloaded it right off this site. In fact, I downloaded it again, and extracted it. Folder is not there. Iv'e played piles of renpy games, so I know what I am doing. That folder simply is not there.

Last edited:

SnarfSnek

Aug 6, 2020
Nope. No such folder exists in the game folder. I downloaded it right off this site. In fact, I downloaded it again, and extracted it. Folder is not there. Iv'e played piles of renpy games, so I know what I am doing. That folder simply is not there.
It needs to be extracted from the archive.rpa file in the games directory. There is a rpatool around that can do that.

Darth Vengeant

May 6, 2020
It needs to be extracted from the archive.rpa file in the games directory. There is a rpatool around that can do that.
And how was anyone supposed to know about the need to extract that file? Iv'e been playing renpy games a LONG time, and never heard the need of doing that to get a game to run before.

How about the dev just make the game playable without the unknown work arounds like every single other renpy game I have?

Last edited:

SnarfSnek

Aug 6, 2020
And how was anyone supposed to know about the need to extract that file? Iv'e been playing renpy games a LONG time, and never heard the need of doing that to get a game to run before.

How about the dev just make the game playable without the unknown work arounds like every single other renpy game I have?
I guess sometimes it's not distributed in archives. I was just explaining why you couldn't find it. And of course it's the developer who should fix the problem. It's not even the only problem: several images of chapter 10 are missing, including all the ones that should be the choice buttons to click, making it impossible to continue without very inelegant workarounds.

3.50 star(s) 35 Votes