darlic

Feb 27, 2017
The premises look good, but this type of project can be "risky", I'm afraid. Double protagonists, a complex story, multiple choices. There is way too much work ahead for a single dev. Best of luck but I guess I won't hold my breath for seeing this game 100% completed.

SymbioticLife

Mar 17, 2019
The premises look good, but this type of project can be "risky", I'm afraid. Double protagonists, a complex story, multiple choices. There is way too much work ahead for a single dev. Best of luck but I guess I won't hold my breath for seeing this game 100% completed.
Well it can be... for example I have full faith in "Our Red String" for example, but the big difference is EvaKiss does not use renders which can be incredibly time consuming to do properly, instead using streamlined art which can be carried over and used in a variety of scenes.

You can either do an incredibly complex multi branching story or you can do high quality renders, an independent dev can't do both. Which is why most games with quality renders give mostly the illusion of choice, with 95% of the game being identical outside of dialogue regardless of what you do, as opposed to truly branching paths. I assume that's what will end up happening here to in the interest of actually meeting deadlines.

Nutluck

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Nov 2, 2017
I gave it a try it was interesting. I thought the second story was the most interesting one so far. I am hoping there is more choices that we can make to shape how the story goes so in the future. Right now it feels someone on rails, like the first one I had to redo the memory until it completed.

Reactions: RickyyyWith3ys

JokerLeader

Former Legendary Game Compressor
Modder
Game Compressor
Donor
Mar 16, 2019
From looking at the pictures Detroit Become Human Human came to mind. I bet this is the game David Cage really wanted to make without the red tape from Sony.
And this one probably will have more gameplay :p

Wicked Garden

Osiris
Donor
May 9, 2018
It's definitely a hit or miss with these types of games. Some Devs tend to get burned out faster but I guess we'll see.

FreshRevenge

Oct 17, 2019
Man, why do most games have to make the black girls look so ugly? Can't remember the last time I set sights on a delicious piece of chocolate :cry:
I have to agree that I haven't really seen too many black girls without making a white character made to look black by darkening the skin color. And the only black guy that I see is the dude from Acting Lessons and Dreams of desire.
And this one probably will have more gameplay :p
All the games from Quantic Dream were never about gameplay, more about cinematic visual story telling. Almost like most VN's here. They just sprinkle the qte and the walking to keep the player engage.

3.50 star(s) 35 Votes