DetroitAfterDark

Jun 11, 2021
This is really not a bad game it's pretty good,I stopped playing it a while back tho because I just hate the multiple protagonists stuff, the way it switches between the characters is irritating. It works for Detroit become Human because it's a completed game and it's not a VN but with a game that's still getting updated, having multiple MCs each with their own story just doesn't work for me.. Id rather just play as Connor but this game forces you to play as 4 different characters, not even 3 like DBH but 4 for whatever reason.. I think players should be able to choose who they want to play as but that's just me.

Last edited:

jufot

May 15, 2021
I think players should be able to choose who they want to play as but that's just me.
How would that even work? Let's say you pick Connor. 75% of scenes in the game don't involve him in any way. You could delete those scenes, sure, but then what happens to the story?

DetroitAfterDark

Jun 11, 2021
How would that even work? Let's say you pick Connor. 75% of scenes in the game don't involve him in any way. You could delete those scenes, sure, but then what happens to the story?
Like I said I haven't played this game in a while and it's sad to hear you say 75% of scenes doesn't even involve Connor, I usually skipped the other MCs and just played Connor's perspective. And yeah you do have a point with the story but I'm sure I'm not the only here who's not into the multiple protagonists stuff, and me personally I don't care much to play as the female MCs.

The dude with the long hair tho, I remember him being an MC as well, the one who owns one of the droids.. Is he an MC? I do wanna get back into this game but If it's mainly focused on the female MCs then I'll just pass on it.

• Angry
Reactions: Kame-Sennin

jufot

May 15, 2021
The dude with the long hair tho, I remember him being an MC as well, the one who owns one of the droids.. Is he an MC? I do wanna get back into this game but If it's mainly focused on the female MCs then I'll just pass on it.
That's the point - there are no MCs. This is a story about a whole bunch of people that are loosely connected to the same set of events. You, as the player, simply observe these events from the perspectives of some of these characters.

If you really need a self-insert character to be able to enjoy a story, then this one is definitely not for you.

jufot

May 15, 2021

Chapter 16 Early Access Release

1645888956084.png

Hey everyone!

Chapter 16 Early Access is out! As per usual - this time especially - there are some notes you should read, before jumping in.

IMPORTANT NOTES: Chapter 16 is the first chapter in the separate 'Part 2' section of the game. If you're not familiar with what the 'Part 1/Part2' structure is all about, there was a post about it some time back, that you can find by .

But as a quick summary, Part 2 is a separate build of the game, that starts with Chapter 16, the newest current chapter. It was implemented to combat the ever increasing large file sizes. It DOES NOT contain all the previous chapters, like all the other releases before. Hence the 'Part 2' label. It will contain chapters 16 and onward.

So how to play Part 2?
To play Part 2 (and the chapters 16 and onward), you need to reach the ending of Part 1, save the transition screen - a self explanatory screen, you can't miss it - and load that save file in Part 2. That's it.

While playing Part 2, you obviously won't be able to load anything from earlier chapters, and vice versa. (Right now, it would likely yield some kind of an error. I'll try to come up with something, where perhaps a message will pop up, letting you know that you are trying to load an invalid save file.)
For this reason, the Continue/Save/Load section has been given a 'Part 1/Part 2 saves' button on the upper left corner of these screens. With that, you can organize your save files, and make sure you always know which saves belong to which part.
Right now, whenever you enter the Continue/Save/Load screens, it will first offer the Part 1 saves, I'll try to make it so that in the future it "remembers" what you had it on last.

About Chapter 16:
The chapter has multiple parallel scenes. As I mentioned in an earlier posts, C16 in its current state is already among the longer chapters. However, an expansion will be coming with multiple additional scenes.
1) Right now, the first scene with Zoe, Damon and Abbey plays out as if you made the choice to leave Abbey and Damon and not join them in the fun they were having.
The expansion will bring the other route's version.
2) A choice with Ryan and Rebecca is greyed out. It will be accessible in the expansion.
3)Currently, even if you had picked the "Gwen" route (rejecting Rebecca's offer), you'll see the events that play out as if you had chosen the other one.
The "Gwen" route, again, is coming with the expansion, and will include the 4some the last poll was about.

These are the most important things regarding the new release. Below, you can download Chapter 16 in Part 2. (I'll include the links to Part 1 as well, for those who are new. If you have already played Chapter 15, you don't need to download Part 1 again.)

OTHER NOTES (Reminder):

- When you reach the end of Chapter 15, there is a self explanatory transition screen, that once saved, can be loaded in Part 2.

- Loading a Part 1 save in Part 2 and vice versa will yield an error.
I will try to come up with a solution, where perhaps a message pops up, that tells you, you are trying to load an invalid save file from the other 'Part'.

- In the upper left corner of the Save/Load/Continue screen, there is a button which lets you toggle between Part 1/Part 2 saves.
To use it, is up to you. You could cross save, and it would work just fine. However, the purpose of this button is to help you organize save files, so you know which belongs to which Part.

All right, that's pretty much all. I hope you'll like Chapter 16!
If something is still not clear, feel free to ask in a comment, or in a private message.
As always, thank you so much for the support!

Take care!

jufot

May 15, 2021
1647105719556.png

Expansion to Chapter 16 is coming in a few days...

Hey everyone!

Just a quick update to let you know, the expansion to Chapter 16 is coming sometime in the next few days.
Also, at the end you'll find a few NSFW images, as a little teaser.

As a reminder, the expansion will bring an alternate start to the chapter, that plays if you chose to join Abbey and Damon in their fun activities.
There is the previously greyed out choice with Rebecca and Ryan.
And the alternate route with Ryan and Gwen, that includes the 4some with Sameera and Mara.

I must say, that was an even bigger undertaking than I previously had thought.
Not just because of the posing, but also it turns out, the rendering capabilities stop (well, get SIGNIFICANTLY worse, essentially useless) at 3 characters.
It has to do with some characters being more complex, taking up very large VRAM sizes. Mara's hair, for example.

That means having to render scene twice. For example one with Sameera, Gwen and Mara, and another with Sameera, Gwen and Ryan.

And then of course it means spending more time in PS, etc.
However, despite all that, the scene still has a super high image count.
In fact, the number of added images are above 200.

Some elements of Chapter 17 are already being worked on simultaneously, but once this expansion is out, Chapter 17 takes the spotlight, of course.

And now, here are the promised images:

Until next time, as always, thank you so much for the support and take care!

jufot

May 15, 2021
1647436751950.png

Hey everyone!

The expansion to Chapter 16 is here.
It has an image count equivalent to a shorter chapter, with 250+ new images.

An important note: Some of these changes are dependent on the choices you made earlier in the game, - the details of that are listed below - so depending on what you chose, you might need to reach the transition screen between Part 1 and Part 2 with a play-through that would yield the new options.

As a quick recap, the main new additions are:
1) An alternate start to the chapter with Abbey and Zoe, that plays if you chose that Zoe should join Abbey and Damon earlier in the game.
2) The "PLEASE" option for Rebecca and Ryan is now available.
3) There is a very long lewd scene (the 4some scene), that plays if you chose the "Gwen" route. Or in other words, if you rejected Rebecca's request in Chapter 7.

I hope you'll like the new scenes!
As always, thank you so much for the support, and take care!

Reactions: Xeron_Xr and Krull

TommyTuba

Engaged Member
Aug 2, 2017
The problem with this game is that each update only focuses on a few of the many main characters. If an update doesn’t involve one or more of the characters people are interested in there’s no incentive to download it.

jufot

May 15, 2021
If an update doesn’t involve one or more of the characters people are interested in there’s no incentive to download it.
This is not a pick-your-LI kind of game, though. There is no protagonist; it's just a bunch of loosely connected characters around a central mystery. If you are after scenes with specific characters (especially sex scenes), I'd say this is not the game for you.

TommyTuba

Engaged Member
Aug 2, 2017
This is not a pick-your-LI kind of game, though. There is no protagonist; it's just a bunch of loosely connected characters around a central mystery. If you are after scenes with specific characters (especially sex scenes), I'd say this is not the game for you.
The game is OK for me. I download it when updates contain scenes with specific characters that I'm interested in. I'm sure many other players do the same.

Reactions: SamualHand

jufot

May 15, 2021
1648923003123.png

Hey everyone!

This Art Update brings an early sneak peak at a new location that will be featured in the upcoming Chapter 17.

This one is vastly different from anything featured in the game before.
For one, this is a completely outdoors location. Aside from the "terrace scene" in Chapter 7, there hasn't really been any so far. That is, of course, in parts due to where the game takes place, and the creative advantages indoor locations provide.

This scene is a little bit of a cheating. The next paragraph, in italics will be a little spoiler, explaining how the characters end up in such a location. If you don't want that spoiled, just skip it.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Below, you can check out the new location, as well as some new clothing the characters are going to wear. For a while, at least.
1648923099362.png 1648923140338.png 1648923163054.png 1648923178961.png 1648923191316.png 1648923205463.png

I hope you like this new scenery. It will be perhaps a different time of day in the story, to better fit the mood, - which is going to be steamy - we'll see.
As always, thank you so much for the support, and take care!

3.50 star(s) 35 Votes