Cryswar

The Profound Dorkness
Game Developer
May 31, 2019
Seems a bit odd that there isn't a marker of some sort to show what conversations you have previously had, especially with the trainings. Also that the convo's don't require their predecessor having been read to unlock.
In Celica's 6 affection scene, after she bolts from her own tent, 'Still, that was not a response you have seen coming.' I believe that should be 'would have seen coming. Rather cute scene though. Kinda surprised at the expansiveness of her chest though, with the robe and demure mage thing I was expecting something more modestly sized.
I could see those being features. I'll have to think about it.

Fixed the typo, thank you.

Yeah, she was always a shortstack, but it's one thing to be told that in text and another to see it in practice. She came out very nicely I think!

zeraligator

May 25, 2018
I could see those being features. I'll have to think about it.

Fixed the typo, thank you.

Yeah, she was always a shortstack, but it's one thing to be told that in text and another to see it in practice. She came out very nicely I think!
Yes, it looks fairly natural on her figure and it's not like large breasts and an academic focus are mutually exclusive.

In the 8 affection scene, after she reitterates the 'anything' thing, it states 'there is a strange combination of a weight in your stomach and in a fire in your chest' which I believe should be 'and a fire in your chest.

Reactions: Cryswar

Zach_Crimson

Jul 22, 2019
the tags say female protagonist which is y i mentioned pregnancy in the first place cause that tag makes me think u can play as a girl cause i like it when games give u the option to play as a girl and get pregnant

Cryswar

The Profound Dorkness
Game Developer
May 31, 2019
the tags say female protagonist which is y i mentioned pregnancy in the first place cause that tag makes me think u can play as a girl cause i like it when games give u the option to play as a girl and get pregnant
There is no female protagonist tag, only male protagonist.

TheeSonus

Mar 30, 2020
Going through the training conversations, the fire magic series with Sam plays through as though the player character is a completely unfamiliar despite also being a fire magic swordsman (chosen in the beginning). Given that they are presumably trained in their chosen specialty, it seems somewhat odd for Sam to go over the basics despite already knowing and using fire spells. I'm not certain what the future plans for these magic training arcs are, but skipping/replacing the initial "what type of magic is this anyways?" training sessions for the starting school of magic might allow for better narrative continuity.

As a side note, it is somewhat humorous to hear "2:23 AM" after having associated that song with a certain La Lion.
I mean fair, but I don't think the dev would expect you to try and learn fire magic when you ALREADY know it.

Cryswar

The Profound Dorkness
Game Developer
May 31, 2019
Going through the training conversations, the fire magic series with Sam plays through as though the player character is a completely unfamiliar despite also being a fire magic swordsman (chosen in the beginning). Given that they are presumably trained in their chosen specialty, it seems somewhat odd for Sam to go over the basics despite already knowing and using fire spells. I'm not certain what the future plans for these magic training arcs are, but skipping/replacing the initial "what type of magic is this anyways?" training sessions for the starting school of magic might allow for better narrative continuity.

As a side note, it is somewhat humorous to hear "2:23 AM" after having associated that song with a certain La Lion.
Originally it was locked off entirely if you started with fire magic. I lifted that since people wanted to see it. It's not a perfect solution, I agree.

And yeah, there are a few overlaps in music, there's a Japanese music group that makes LOTS of free-use music. I'm not saying Ashley will eventually get a certain war criminal's theme, but...

Reactions: User_2487

zeraligator

May 25, 2018
Just remembered that Celica mentioned the water training thing in her affection 8 scene, is this 'smart' text? if it isn't it might read a bit weird for people who haven't done those.

Cryswar

The Profound Dorkness
Game Developer
May 31, 2019
Just remembered that Celica mentioned the water training thing in her affection 8 scene, is this 'smart' text? if it isn't it might read a bit weird for people who haven't done those.
There are 6-7 messages worth of text that show up there only if you already did the water training with her. Otherwise it skips over them.

TheeSonus

Mar 30, 2020
Finally got around to replaying the prologue to check out Sarah's new art. Gotta say, looks pretty good. Plus the art for enemies is sufficiently creepy (especially the abomination... eugh.)
Wish the healthbars were still there for them, but I guess they WOULD look kind of awkward next to the portraits. Hope there'll be a system that tells us how much health they have left on hit or something like that later.

Reactions: Nevart and Cryswar

Cryswar

The Profound Dorkness
Game Developer
May 31, 2019
Finally got around to replaying the prologue to check out Sarah's new art. Gotta say, looks pretty good. Plus the art for enemies is sufficiently creepy (especially the abomination... eugh.)
Wish the healthbars were still there for them, but I guess they WOULD look kind of awkward next to the portraits. Hope there'll be a system that tells us how much health they have left on hit or something like that later.
Glad you liked the art! Yeah... the enemies are pretty gross. I love it lmao. The next batch of enemies (HOPEFULLY in 0.18, no promises, artist has a lot going on) will be closer to normal stuff.

I definitely get where you're coming from with health bars. I think the entire combat UI could use a rework frankly, but health bars (both yours and enemies) are the highest priority, player/partner bars are a giant ugly blob that covers a chunk of the screen, I'd like to find a way to portray them easily visible but less... overwhelming.

For enemies... I'm not sure yet. Possibly bars at the very top of the screen, or a little block at the top right that shows enemy names/HP? Maybe if you press a button it makes health bars temporarily appear over the center of the character? I'll have to experiment in the next few updates.

Reactions: Nevart

JLP603

Apr 25, 2019
Hi noticed that in the combat encounters after meeting Ashley and Sarah their portraits are still there during combat like in the screenshot below. Am I the only one experiencing this bug?

Reactions: Nevart and Cryswar

Cryswar

The Profound Dorkness
Game Developer
May 31, 2019
Hi noticed that in the combat encounters after meeting Ashley and Sarah their portraits are still there during combat like in the screenshot below. Am I the only one experiencing this bug?
Nope, that is a known bug that will be fixed in the next release. If you're using the PC version you can download as a temporary fix, though the bug (probably) won't happen again after that scene regardless.

Sorry for the trouble, this update was the first time I had done combat art so it's been a learning experience, to say the least.

Reactions: JLP603 and Nevart

JLP603

Apr 25, 2019
Thnx for the link to the bugfix! While am at it i also noticed that i cant seem to decrease temporarily assigned stat points during the tiem to get swole option before fighting the abyssal blob monster and meeting metatron in the temple. Like i put one stat point using the increase button then couldnt find the decrease button to revert my point allocation this was before clicking the finalize pount allocation button. Also i think you mispelled goal as gaol several times around the temple early game dunno if it was already reported

Cryswar

The Profound Dorkness
Game Developer
May 31, 2019
Thnx for the link to the bugfix! While am at it i also noticed that i cant seem to decrease temporarily assigned stat points during the tiem to get swole option before fighting the abyssal blob monster and meeting metatron in the temple. Like i put one stat point using the increase button then couldnt find the decrease button to revert my point allocation this was before clicking the finalize pount allocation button. Also i think you mispelled goal as gaol several times around the temple early game dunno if it was already reported
There are no temporarily assigned stat points or finalize point allocation buttons. + and ++ immediately assign 1/all possible points into that stat. The up and down arrows change growths (which autoassigns points so you don't have to mess with them manually each levelup). You can respec at any time from the right-click menu. If you hover over the buttons it says what they do, but the UI could definitely be improved!

Gaol is a real word, it's a more old-fashioned version of jail that seemed appropriate for a very out-of-touch character.

Reactions: Nevart and JLP603

JLP603

Apr 25, 2019
There are no temporarily assigned stat points or finalize point allocation buttons. + and ++ immediately assign 1/all possible points into that stat. The up and down arrows change growths (which autoassigns points so you don't have to mess with them manually each levelup). You can respec at any time from the right-click menu. If you hover over the buttons it says what they do, but the UI could definitely be improved!

Gaol is a real word, it's a more old-fashioned version of jail that seemed appropriate for a very out-of-touch character.
Cool and my bad for the false alarm!

Cryswar

The Profound Dorkness
Game Developer
May 31, 2019
Cool and my bad for the false alarm!
No problem and no harm done! The writing at the start is far from my best, I used too many uncommon words that cause issues like this I think.

Cryswar

The Profound Dorkness
Game Developer
May 31, 2019
Damn This game is good
Ma gal Metatron needs some scene
And how about adding some CGs
Glad you enjoyed!

Metatron romance is in this coming update actually, I've started working on it properly. So it shouldn't be much longer until you can start corrupting her innocent mind. Or unleashing the monster within her. 50/50.

CGs are planned, and there's one experimental one for Sarah, but people made it clear they wanted character art first. And uh, commissioning that shit is expensive lol. So character art is all I can fund right now.

Reactions: JC02321 and Nevart

VespidV

Dec 11, 2016
Is vitality just a worthless stat outside of events if it's not equal to your level? Also I'm only on the third area(The Yamabiko character having green hair is a refrence to the Touhou character right or was that just a weirdly precise coincidence?) but after the prologue bit does Sarah just never get her Sweater outfit if you didn't choose her during the home portion?

4.50 star(s) 37 Votes