zeraligator

May 25, 2018
I've figured out a bug, if you keep spamming Frost Nova(other freezing spells or attacks may work), you can lock an enemy into a frozen state that doesn't end(or stacks so high it might as well be) while the status effect states it will last for zero more turns.
Also, it would be nice if more of the healing spells had a mastery that heals based on level/vitality/max hp, currently the healing magic available to my tank(with a minor in fire and water magic) can't heal more than he can recover automatically by deep breathing.

Also didn't know bason was in France of all places!

Last edited:
Reactions: Nevart and Cryswar

Cryswar

The Profound Dorkness
Game Developer
May 31, 2019
I've figured out a bug, if you keep spamming Frost Nova(other freezing spells or attacks may work), you can lock an enemy into a frozen state that doesn't end(or stacks so high it might as well be) while the status effect states it will last for zero more turns.
Also, it would be nice if more of the healing spells had a mastery that heals based on level/vitality/max hp, currently the healing magic available to my tank(with a minor in fire and water magic) can't heal more than he can recover automatically by deep breathing.

Also didn't know bason was in France of all places!
Huh, I like the mastery idea. I could see some magic getting a second (or third, idk) mastery lets them swap to scaling with the target's vitality/HP, or the user's, say, Insight instead. idk. only where it makes sense though, in general most magic is almost entirely dependent on the user's magic by design.

Noted on the bug, will look into that too... IIRC at 99 turns statuses become permanent for the battle, but it should say 99, not 0. idk.

And yeah, Badon is VERY in need of me commissioning some custom art lol. Couldn't find anything free.

-----------

As a bit of general news;

I got a preview of Sarah's final art today, which is looking great. Also posted a sketch of Aspasia's concept art on the discord, no paywall or anything tho I might also post the sketch of her ingame art on patreon soon. I'm way too hyped, they're both looking GREAT! Aspasia in particular went from whospasia to "Your son calls me mommy too." real fuckin fast.

zeraligator

May 25, 2018
Huh, I like the mastery idea. I could see some magic getting a second (or third, idk) mastery lets them swap to scaling with the target's vitality/HP, or the user's, say, Insight instead. idk. only where it makes sense though, in general most magic is almost entirely dependent on the user's magic by design.

Noted on the bug, will look into that too... IIRC at 99 turns statuses become permanent for the battle, but it should say 99, not 0. idk.

And yeah, Badon is VERY in need of me commissioning some custom art lol. Couldn't find anything free.

-----------

As a bit of general news;

I got a preview of Sarah's final art today, which is looking great. Also posted a sketch of Aspasia's concept art on the discord, no paywall or anything tho I might also post the sketch of her ingame art on patreon soon. I'm way too hyped, they're both looking GREAT! Aspasia in particular went from whospasia to "Your son calls me mommy too." real fuckin fast.
Figured out that the 0 turn timer wasn't just the more than 99 turns thing as it ran out at some point, I was slogging against Metatron(that name still just reminds me of Undertale) as she can use her Heal to heal about the same amount as I was hitting her for. So in short, the counter just fucked up at some point, probably from going from 1 to 2 to 1 to 0 to 2 etc.

Reactions: Cryswar

zeraligator

May 25, 2018
I noticed while messing around with the magic that none of the spells seem to cost more than what you can regen per turn and neither do they state any mana cost in their description. Will more costly spells and/or a mention of cost in descriptions be added soon? I assume it will be tied to a second tier of magic being added.
I'm also not sure if the Ashley scene in Badon actually increased my corruption despite including a sex scene. I could also have missed it though as I was distracted for a bit by a misspelling of orgasmic as 'orgiastic'.

Cryswar

The Profound Dorkness
Game Developer
May 31, 2019
I noticed while messing around with the magic that none of the spells seem to cost more than what you can regen per turn and neither do they state any mana cost in their description. Will more costly spells and/or a mention of cost in descriptions be added soon? I assume it will be tied to a second tier of magic being added.
I'm also not sure if the Ashley scene in Badon actually increased my corruption despite including a sex scene. I could also have missed it though as I was distracted for a bit by a misspelling of orgasmic as 'orgiastic'.
There aren't many 2 cost spells, mostly in Aether/Nether atm. Hopefully January I'll get around to adding upkeep spells (costs X mana per turn but has an ongoing effect) and some other possible mana sinks.

Orgiastic is a word that (alongside other meanings) conveys unrestrained/intense emotion. It implies a lack of control and drowning in pleasure. Orgasmic would be inappropriate there since she's, well, not orgasming.

zeraligator

May 25, 2018
There aren't many 2 cost spells, mostly in Aether/Nether atm. Hopefully January I'll get around to adding upkeep spells (costs X mana per turn but has an ongoing effect) and some other possible mana sinks.

Orgiastic is a word that (alongside other meanings) conveys unrestrained/intense emotion. It implies a lack of control and drowning in pleasure. Orgasmic would be inappropriate there since she's, well, not orgasming.
Good to know.

Orgasmic can be used to equate something to the pleasure or joy of orgasm not just a literal orgasm so I assumed that is what was meant.

Cryswar

The Profound Dorkness
Game Developer
May 31, 2019
17a.png
Changelog;
  • Sarah now has art, courtesy of Mistimagi! Her old content has been updated with expressions, as well as various outfits. Underwear, temple/exercise outfit, normal sweater, and tights-only for her thighjob LOL.
  • The monsters in the opening forest area and temple now have art as well, thanks to Garrisen! Let me know how you like them (and if you find any bugs). The abomination is... really, really big and gross, as he should be.
  • I honestly can't remember if this is new to this update, but monsters and characters will now appear inbattle instead of text boxes. This applies to normal battles as well as sex battles.
  • Celica has 6 and 8 affection scenes to give her some character development and start her romance route. She really, REALLY needs a hug.
  • Sarah has a new conversation about succubi with some plot
  • Maya has an armpitjob scene, available in the evening. Why armpitjob? idk man. I just wanted to try it.
  • Lots of bugfixes (not enough)
I will be traveling next week, so progress will resume somewhere around January 7th-10th. The next update will return to the usual monthly schedule and be out in early-ish February (hopefully the 8th for anniversary shenanigans). I will focus on adding some more Celica stuff, as well as working on Metatron romance, Aspasia art/content, and an unknown amount of Ina/Sam/Badon/trait stuff. Gotta get that plot ball rolling again...

Last edited:

Cryswar

The Profound Dorkness
Game Developer
May 31, 2019
Oh yeah, and Aspasia's WIP ingame art has a preview on Patreon now! Even at this stage, she's looking gorgeous.

Reactions: oysterkeeper

zARRR

Forum Fanatic
Nov 6, 2020
View attachment 1566210
Changelog;
  • Sarah now has art, courtesy of Mistimagi! Her old content has been updated with expressions, as well as various outfits. Underwear, temple/exercise outfit, normal sweater, and tights-only for her thighjob LOL.
  • The monsters in the opening forest area and temple now have art as well, thanks to Garrisen! Let me know how you like them (and if you find any bugs). The abomination is... really, really big and gross, as he should be.
  • I honestly can't remember if this is new to this update, but monsters and characters will now appear inbattle instead of text boxes. This applies to normal battles as well as sex battles.
  • Celica has 6 and 8 affection scenes to give her some character development and start her romance route. She really, REALLY needs a hug.
  • Sarah has a new conversation about succubi with some plot
  • Maya has an armpitjob scene, available in the evening. Why armpitjob? idk man. I just wanted to try it.
  • Lots of bugfixes (not enough)
I will be traveling next week, so progress will resume somewhere around January 7th-10th. The next update will return to the usual monthly schedule and be out around a month later. I will focus on adding some more Celica stuff, as well as working on Metatron romance, Aspasia art/content, and an unknown amount of Ina/Sam/Badon/trait stuff. Gotta get that plot ball rolling again...
Best way to end the year!

• Red Heart
Reactions: Cryswar

Cryswar

The Profound Dorkness
Game Developer
May 31, 2019
I'm going to guess most of the game looks like that 8th screenshot.
I... actually need to update that one since those monsters have art now. But in general, most characters have art (5/7), and monsters are getting it in batches (2/5 areas currently), most will probably have it the next update.

Last edited:
Reactions: zARRR

M404T1N

Nov 10, 2017
Is there any way you could make choosing the weapon type for Magic Swordsman possible? You can choose the magic element but not the weapon type.

I notice that at the beginning it mentions that "later on you can pick up other combat styles". Does that mean there is a point later on where you can gain spellcasting with a different weapon type?

Zach_Crimson

Jul 22, 2019
I... actually need to update that one since those monsters have art now. But in general, most characters have art (5/7), and monsters are getting it in batches (2/5 areas currently), most will probably have it the next update.
Will there be pregnancy at all? while it doesn't say anything in planned fetishes, i still would like to know.

Cryswar

The Profound Dorkness
Game Developer
May 31, 2019
holy fuck, a game on this site with an actual story and interesting characters
this is the find of a year for me, similar to finding MonGirlQuest for the first time.
Glad you enjoyed! Living up to MGQ is quite the challenge lol, but I'll do my best.

This looks really interesting, i will wait until it has more content but i will be keeping an eye on it, good luck dev.
Thank you for your kind words. I'll keep at it, hopefully 2022 will be more content-heavy and less 'running around fixing problems.'

mans is making big strides. If i had money id be siphoning it into any patreon you had man
I appreciate the vote of confidence, but don't stress it. Feedback, concrit, and word of mouth are very helpful as well, money isn't the end goal here.

Is there any way you could make choosing the weapon type for Magic Swordsman possible? You can choose the magic element but not the weapon type.

I notice that at the beginning it mentions that "later on you can pick up other combat styles". Does that mean there is a point later on where you can gain spellcasting with a different weapon type?
1. In time, yes. I will add more magic/weapon combo types, and there will be more spells that interact with weapons or may even spawn them.

2. Right now there are... I think 4 new elements you can pick up later via training from the girls (fire/heat, water/ice, aether, nether). Over time I add more, and being able to swap weapons and acquire new ones is coming Soon(tm).

Will there be pregnancy at all? while it doesn't say anything in planned fetishes, i still would like to know.
Yes, but realistically I would expect it to be more of a lategame thing, both to avoid losing Sam for 200 ingame days and because the story of the game is mostly intended to take a few months rather than years. But putting a baby in your waifu, eventually, hell the fuck yes.

Reactions: Nevart

zeraligator

May 25, 2018
Seems a bit odd that there isn't a marker of some sort to show what conversations you have previously had, especially with the trainings. Also that the convo's don't require their predecessor having been read to unlock.
In Celica's 6 affection scene, after she bolts from her own tent, 'Still, that was not a response you have seen coming.' I believe that should be 'would have seen coming. Rather cute scene though. Kinda surprised at the expansiveness of her chest though, with the robe and demure mage thing I was expecting something more modestly sized.

Last edited:
4.50 star(s) 37 Votes